2012-2013 University of California - San Francisco Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just received an email telling me to check my status. Contained a letter stating the were so longer pursuing my application. So no secondary for me :( Stings a little.

Congrats to everyone who did get a secondary!

AMCAS marked received 7/18.

Members don't see this ad.

Rejected pre-secondary after being complete since early July. Oh well SF, I am an LA native, a Dodger fan, and I seriously dislike the Giants. Guess it wasn't meant to be.

Rejected Pre-secondary, OOS, 36Q/3.85

First rejection, better luck to the rest of you.

Members don't see this ad :)
Rejected pre-secondary. sad.

I'm starting to wonder if I should contact them...I've had the received status since 07/10 without any word on rejection or secondary approval...:confused:

AMCAS verified on 8/24. Secondary invite received on 8/26.

This is one of the last 4 secondaries I am still waiting for and I'd like to pre-write it. Is there anything I can do to nudge one of you into posting the PRIME-US essays? Folks have been asking for a couple months and lots of people here have access to it, right? The JMP prompts got posted and I'm confused as to why the PRIME essays aren't making it onto the forum. Do we have to beg? Pleeeeeaaaaaasseeeee?

Last edited:
This is one of the last 4 secondaries I am still waiting for and I'd like to pre-write it. Is there anything I can do to nudge one of you into posting the PRIME-US essays? Folks have been asking for a couple months and lots of people here have access to it, right? The JMP prompts got posted and I'm confused as to why the PRIME essays aren't making it onto the forum. Do we have to beg? Pleeeeeaaaaaasseeeee?
Sorry but once you submit the secondary, you cannot access the prompts anymore. We need someone who has not yet submitted the secondary to post the prompts.

EDIT: Actually, maybe someone who did apply to PRIME could access them as part of their pdf letter of intent?

1. Please describe your experiences with underserved communities, community-based work, leadership roles, and commitment to working with the urban underserved. (500 words)

2. How will you balance PRIME-US with your academic responsibilities and personal life? (250 words)

3. Please describe your experience working in small groups.

4. What will you bring to PRIME-US?

I have all of my secondaries saved in a word file when I wrote them -- so here ya go! Have fun!

You'll also need to attach an electronic picture..Ekkk. There goes my chances.:smuggrin:

It has been more than 4 weeks since I received the secondary.

But I was still able to submit the secondary.

Does this matter?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know what the sGPA or cGPA cut-offs are for UCSF? I know I made the MCAT cut-off...

Not that it's a surprise or anything...but you others waiting for secondaries might like to know that I was rejected today, pre-secondary. Got the initial email on July 11. OOS, 34, 3.6-3.7. Not sure why I even bothered, but oh well. Good luck everyone, and congratulations to you lucky suckers who get into UCSF!

INTERVIEW INVITE!!! I woke up thinking it was a rejection for sure! I'll edit with complete dates in a bit after I re-read the email to make sure I'm not dreaming.

Edit:
Submitted 7/12
3.8/33

Is everyone complete around mid July who has so far received an interview?

Holding my breath... Also, congratulations!!!

Got verified one week ago and haven't received a secondary... I'm an MSTP applicant and already received secondaries from UCSD and UCLA. Has anyone else gotten verified and had to wait several days to get the secondary?I'm 3.65/36 IS.

Got verified one week ago and haven't received a secondary... I'm an MSTP applicant and already received secondaries from UCSD and UCLA. Has anyone else gotten verified and had to wait several days to get the secondary?I'm 3.65/36 IS.

We pretty much have the same stats (3.7/37) and I've received all the UC's except here like you. I've been verified since July 20th and haven't gotten anything. I'm not applying to MSTP, though. For me, I'm guessing this is a silent rejection.

That seems kind of shocking you wouldn't get a secondary with 3.7/37 IS. I'd be surprised if I got rejected pre-secondary also because I have really strong unique extracurriculars and good research experience. Even though it's a big reach for MSTP, this is one of my top choices and it'd be devastating to not even get a secondary.

Hey guys I still haven't received a secondary and I had my primary verified a month ago. I am wondering now if it is because I am a reapplicant. Anyone know how they view reapps?

Hey guys I still haven't received a secondary and I had my primary verified a month ago. I am wondering now if it is because I am a reapplicant. Anyone know how they view reapps?

They screen heavily, so it's possible you'll receive a secondary after a few months or not receive one at all. However, I am a reapplicant and I did receive a secondary pretty early on in the cycle, so they're not completely averse to reapplicants. Don't know yet whether it will affect me for getting an interview or not.

Yes, people have had to wait that long and sometimes a good deal longer. It's not unusual, don't worry.

That seems kind of shocking you wouldn't get a secondary with 3.7/37 IS. I'd be surprised if I got rejected pre-secondary also because I have really strong unique extracurriculars and good research experience. Even though it's a big reach for MSTP, this is one of my top choices and it'd be devastating to not even get a secondary.

Tons of people all around us have great experiences and research, I wouldn't go walking around with that chip on your shoulder. Might get you (and me, or anyone) disappointed.

I was just about to say maybe it's cause I'm a reapplicant, but mirimonster got a secondary so quickly. I guess I didn't make their initial GPA screen (3.8?).

I was just about to say maybe it's cause I'm a reapplicant, but mirimonster got a secondary so quickly. I guess I didn't make their initial GPA screen (3.8?).

I have a 3.5. Keep in mind they only give out 1500 secondaries, so I really don't think anyone gets one automatically. They give them out if they're serious about you. But I know that they send out secondaries for a while, and they have started rejecting, so it's not a silent rejection. Unless you're rejected, you're still in the running. Good luck!

I have a 3.5. Keep in mind they only give out 1500 secondaries, so I really don't think anyone gets one automatically. They give them out if they're serious about you. But I know that they send out secondaries for a while, and they have started rejecting, so it's not a silent rejection. Unless you're rejected, you're still in the running. Good luck!

Thanks mirimonster :).

Anyone know when the interview dates are for this school?

Or even, better, when are the mstp interview dates?

Thanks

Thanks for posting the PRIME prompts! Dream school, dream program. If I only had a secondary...

Interview Invite! They didn't send an email though - I just happened to be checking my application status.

My secondary was submitted on 7/9. Good luck everyone!

Interview Invite! I think I scared my roommates with all my excitement...

Complete 7/18. Congratulations to everyone else invited and best of luck to those still waiting!

Anyone know when the interview dates are for this school?

Or even, better, when are the mstp interview dates?

Thanks
It looks like interviews fall on Tuesdays and Thursdays, starting in mid to late September. Mine's on 9/25. I believe MSTPs share interview dates with MD-only applicants.

It looks like interviews fall on Tuesdays and Thursdays, starting in mid to late September. Mine's on 9/25. I believe MSTPs share interview dates with MD-only applicants.

Mines on the 25th too! Looks like I'll see you there.

review or no review--i'm hoping UCSF gets to offering me a secondary soon! it's been more than a month... should i call and inquire? or just wait some more? I'm a reapplicant so idk if that makes a difference in their review process

I'm a reapp as well. Got a secondary last year, but haven't gotten one yet this cycle. Any reapps here who have gotten secondaries, or rejected yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.