2012-2013 University of Colorado Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. I'm gobsmacked that anyone would actually take five whole minutes to register for an account, pitch a tantrum, and then flounce off in order to let other people know they are pretentious. You aren't in charge of the internet, SDN, or this thread, and if you have such deep issues, perhaps you should try clicking that black 'X' at the top of your screen. I'm certain your superlative people skills and compassion shone brightly in your interviews.

Speaking for myself, I'm very glad to have you all here to share information and a few yuks with to pass the time during what some might perceive as a rather stressful situation. I appreciate you all very much. And I will be ringing the admissions office myself shortly.

(tyrionlannister, thank you for explaining. I didn't get it either. :laugh:)

Members don't see this ad :)
Will tomorrow be the day? It's Friday and they probably don't meet on weekends
:confused::scared:

Haha I've just given up on expectations. I'd hope this week, but when I called yesterday they said a lot more movement tends to happen in June.

^^ What AtlasCarraway said. I called today and was told that the admissions committee will be meeting "within the next week or so" and that the bulk of waitlist movement will be in June.

Aw haha well hopefully we all get in sometime soon! I am neurotic because two of my friends just got off waitlists in other places

+1 on being neurotic. I'm slowly dying inside...

This has to be the week... I am so ready to quit my terrible job. Come on, CU, throw me a freaking bone!

Me too, although this time around I'll apply to like 3x as many schools. I wish that CU would hurry up and take care of the alternate list. It would save those lucky few a bit of money. I'm getting ready to empty my bank account and load up the credit card with applications and interviews all over again..... But hey, mo money = mo problems, right? ;)

I've also gotten in touch a few times, so a few things to add.
Like everyone said, movement is currently occurring. She mentioned that some did occur last week but that more would continue for the next few weeks as well.
They all say that you can get in all the way until the first day of classes, but every school can and does do that, not just CU...so don't read too much into that. Realistically most of the movement should be by the end of this month.
She also told me when i first asked about it a while ago that when an out of state student turns away the offer of admission, the spot is filled by an instate student. That was a few months ago and I'm not sure if it still is accurate, just relaying what she told me.

Members don't see this ad :)
She also told me when i first asked about it a while ago that when an out of state student turns away the offer of admission, the spot is filled by an instate student.

nooooOooooOooooOoOoooooO

though that's probably the way it should be

weird to think how kids apply and hear word back without ever visiting this damn place. especially when it's become such a feature of the application process for me. misery loves company.

I've also gotten in touch a few times, so a few things to add.
Like everyone said, movement is currently occurring. She mentioned that some did occur last week but that more would continue for the next few weeks as well.

darn..... so does anyone out there actually know of anyone who has gotten off the waitlist???

a few posters have said the lady told them that and I don't doubt their truthfulness but I've called twice and she told me they are just finishing looking over the apps and would be sending out acceptances when they're done (first round). Different information

and for all our sakes I hope I'm right haha

me too! i'm sure you are. I feel like we would have heard something from someone about an acceptance though!

OHSU numbers their waitlist, tells everyone what number they are, and publishes what number they've accepted up to on their admissions portal. can you imagine?!?!?!?

not that I don't enjoy high levels of stress every hour of every day, but that'd be nice too!

hate how up in the air my life is. I think this is how existentialism starts

a few posters have said the lady told them that and I don't doubt their truthfulness but I've called twice and she told me they are just finishing looking over the apps and would be sending out acceptances when they're done (first round). Different information

that's what she told me, too. I left off the conversation with the impression no acceptances had yet been bestowed on us waitlisters

The first date for amcas submissions has been pushed back to June 10th. That gives me a few more days of hope before donating the remainder of my back account to amcas.

Thanks for the AMCAS update, KnowFace! I just breathed a sigh of relief. Is it bad that I am also relieved every time I refresh this page to find that no one has been accepted off of the alternate list yet? It's so comforting to know that I haven't been left behind...

Thanks for the AMCAS update, KnowFace! I just breathed a sigh of relief. Is it bad that I am also relieved every time I refresh this page to find that no one has been accepted off of the alternate list yet? It's so comforting to know that I haven't been left behind...

I'm also rooting for all of us to get off the waitlist at the same time!!

Haha I like that idea! CU has to fill the class, right? If we all stand together and remain strong, they'll be forced to accept all of us or they'll get none of us!

The first date for amcas submissions has been pushed back to June 10th. That gives me a few more days of hope before donating the remainder of my back account to amcas.

Probably has something to do with the problems entering dates for your Work/Activities in the web app - unless that's just me. Anyone else not able to select ending dates?

Probably has something to do with the problems entering dates for your Work/Activities in the web app - unless that's just me. Anyone else not able to select ending dates?

For some students (including me) the summary page for our coursework was not listing all of the courses. It only listed specially designated courses, like honors and AP, and omitted everything else. The problem has been resolved for me, but I guess they're being anal about it.

hopefully tomorrow is the day! the committee has had quite a while to decide haha

I have a good feeling about tomorrow! A bunch of acceptances went out on 2/6/2013, which was a Wednesday. :D

Whatever happened to this?

...and the lady said they would be sending out acceptances within the next week. Don't quote me on this but...

That was on Tuesday of last week. Did she mean that acceptances would be sent out within the next 7 days? Because that didn't happen. Perhaps she meant that a batch would be sent out not within the current week (Sun.-Sat.), but within the following or next week, which would include tomorrow through this Friday.... Either way, there are only three workdays left in the current week. Come on, CU, show some love.

Yeah I'm not exactly sure, maybe she did mean "next week" meaning the week we're currently in. And I like your Wednesday theory, maybe it will come true

Oh, I'm sure they are... Do you think they get on here sometimes just to watch us suffer?

For some students (including me) the summary page for our coursework was not listing all of the courses. It only listed specially designated courses, like honors and AP, and omitted everything else. The problem has been resolved for me, but I guess they're being anal about it.

I know I'm being a wet blanket here, but this information is better suited for the 2013-2014 application thread.

Oh, I'm sure they are... Do you think they get on here sometimes just to watch us suffer?

I know that's what I'd be doing. It might also be fun to match applications to screen names.

"Bartholomew Louis Octavian has gotta be sinuous sausage, right? Only a kid with a name like that could be such a big douchecanoe."

Ashamed to say I just logged into Facebook and creeped the CU c/o 2017 page. They're sitting on 142 members right now, and there are a few who have been added within the last couple weeks. This can mean any number of things, but I'm entertaining any theories y'all might have.

I too have been creepin' on the Facebook page. They've added about 10-12 people in the last 2 weeks, which I've assumed means these people have gotten in off the waitlist...

that's no bueno. or they're just really late joining the group, which doesn't sound too likely

that's no bueno. or they're just really late joining the group, which doesn't sound too likely

I'm piqued that the group is 18 short of 160. dunno how much of that is Facebook's fall from grace or the gods smiling down on us

Oh wait are you saying you're glad there's 18 short or worried? but yeah I would assume they also count

Well, 'tis an honor to be here with you. We've come to the threshold and, even if we're decapitated (ala Indiana Jones and the Breath of God), I think we deserve some kudos for making it this far. Even if we're only left w/ being creepy on Facebook. The waitlist crowd...just a select few can understand our pain

I called admissions just now and she said some people have gotten off the wait list. the facebook stalking seems to tell the truth

Status
Not open for further replies.