2012-2013 University of Illinois Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Waitlist movement seems pretty anemic everywhere this year, don't think that bodes well for movement here but I guess you never know.

I am getting worried every week about being accepted off the waitlist. So much for the 1st quartile....

Looks like they finally got around to updating the online statuses to "Applicant is Wait Listed"

Movement in past years has occurred through July. I'm just going to hang tight and hope that some good news comes my way. Good luck everyone.

Edit: Put a call in to the admissions office today and the class is currently oversubscribed with no waitlist movement occurring as of yet. The counselors won't be available to take calls tomorrow because of a conference but will be available next week. Not exactly the news I was hoping to hear but I guess it makes sense as to why nobody has gotten in yet.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Just throwing a random question out there...

Is U of I medical school basically a reunion of the UIUC kids? I'm currently an undergrad there and I've heard of the seniors that are going to medical school, a good chunk of them go back home and matriculate to U of I medical school.

Just throwing a random question out there...

Is U of I medical school basically a reunion of the UIUC kids? I'm currently an undergrad there and I've heard of the seniors that are going to medical school, a good chunk of them go back home and matriculate to U of I medical school.

I'm betting if this is the case, it's just a thing of numbers. Largest undergrad school in the state, largest medical school in the state.

Wouldn't be surprised if it has to do with Rec letters too.

Fwiw, I'm going here and I did not do UofI undergrad. Either way, I doubt or matters. Med school is med school.

Is anyone still looking for house for Urbana campus? If yes, myself and another female are looking for a 3rd roommate for a 3 bedroom with 2.5 bathroom. $500/month. Let me know if you are interested or need details. My email is [email protected].

is anyone still looking to transfer/get into the chicago campus (via appeal letter)?

is anyone still looking to transfer/get into the chicago campus (via appeal letter)?

It was my understanding that Chicago was over enrolled and no one will be moving campuses. And considering orientation is in just under a month, it seems late to expect it, since housing can be difficult.

I would call the office tomorrow to verify.

Hi guys, just wondering if there's anyone out there going to Loyola, Rush, or UIC who would be interested in rooming together. I won't actually be a student at the med school but I'm a full-time research assistant at Rush so I want to split the rent with someone while still living in a decent/safe neighborhood. Any takers?

I'm looking for a male roommate to split a two bedroom with.
Also, I'm sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong area. I tried to look for a roommate forum but there wasnt one. Please redirect me if there is.

Wheres the UIC Chicago web-page where students sell used stuff to each other?

Status
Not open for further replies.