2012-2013 University of Oklahoma Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have their application status showing app still not ready? I'm oos and submitted secondary on 8/16. And my LOR has a red exclamation mark but shows reference received from my committee...

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone have their application status showing app still not ready? I'm oos and submitted secondary on 8/16. And my LOR has a red exclamation mark but shows reference received from my committee...

I would call Dotty and ask what's up, just to make sure there's not a problem with your app.

Good luck to people interviewing this week! Don't be nervous, the interview is really chill. Just be yourself and you'll do great!

Good luck to people interviewing this week! Don't be nervous, the interview is really chill. Just be yourself and you'll do great!

Agreed. Loved everything about the school. Hoping for some good news in a few weeks!:)

I would guess they're meeting the first week of December. At my interview Sherri said we would be notified electronically around the 7th-10th (which I found odd since that range was a weekend, fri-mon) and then official letters by mail would follow. They've had weekend interviews though so, maybe that's not an odd range of days to say for when they will email results. That could allow the Dec 2nd interviews to be considered in the first committee meeting.

So, I really don't know anything, that's just my best guess... 5 more weeks of guessing to go!

Sent from my iPhone
Accepted, Class of 2017!!

So the e-mail refreshing begins in a week? :corny:

So the e-mail refreshing begins in a week? :corny:

It already feels like it's going to be a LONG week...

Did anybody who interviewed yesterday hear any more specific info about the timeline for acceptances?

Sent from my iPhone

I've been telling myself that I'll find out on friday, when really it could be any day this weekend. And if I get deferred, I'll have to wait until February. All of this waiting is killing me.

I've been telling myself that I'll find out on friday, when really it could be any day this weekend. And if I get deferred, I'll have to wait until February. All of this waiting is killing me.

Couldn't agree with you more man. To make matters worse, this weekend is smack in the middle of finals for me :(

Members don't see this ad :)
It already feels like it's going to be a LONG week...

Did anybody who interviewed yesterday hear any more specific info about the timeline for acceptances?

Sent from my iPhone

I interviewed this weekend and they are meeting the 12th to decide and acceptances/deferrals/rejections go out that day or a day later

I interviewed this weekend and they are meeting the 12th to decide and acceptances/deferrals/rejections go out that day or a day later

Well... 8 more days. It's really not that much longer, but I can hardly stand waiting any longer.

Thanks for the updated info!

Sent from my iPhone

so the 12th is for everyone? its not on the 7-10th anymore?

so the 12th is for everyone? its not on the 7-10th anymore?

Sounds like the 12th is when the committee is making decisions on everyone. Maybe the 7-10th was a tentative timeline back in October but they had a definite date to tell the December interviewers? I've been trying to distract myself, but all I can do is watch my computer... even though I'm pretty sure there will be nothing to see until the 12th.

This is what is now posted on the website-

2013 Applicants: Update
We are in the process of reviewing applicant files now; this process usually lasts through the first week of December. We hope to have correspondence regarding application status sent to each applicant by mid-December.

Sounds like the 12th is when the committee is making decisions on everyone. Maybe the 7-10th was a tentative timeline back in October but they had a definite date to tell the December interviewers? I've been trying to distract myself, but all I can do is watch my computer... even though I'm pretty sure there will be nothing to see until the 12th.

This is what is now posted on the website-

2013 Applicants: Update
We are in the process of reviewing applicant files now; this process usually lasts through the first week of December. We hope to have correspondence regarding application status sent to each applicant by mid-December.

Ok... now this is going to be a silly question :oops: but which website are you referring to?

according to dotty.. the adcom will meet this wednesday and send out acceptances on MONDAY(12/17)

according to dotty.. the adcom will meet this wednesday and send out acceptances on MONDAY(12/17)

OMG... This is like waiting for the supplemental application again... Just 100 times worse.

Oh, I thought we were supposed to know by the end of finals week. I guess they're moving it back?

As long as it stays at 12/17! Here's hoping for the best Xmas present ever:thumbup:

As long as it stays at 12/17! Here's hoping for the best Xmas present ever:thumbup:

or the best birthday present ever! ;) Since Monday is my birthday...

but let's hope the news doesn't ruin my birthday...

I think, due to their message on their website, that this may be the last time they'll be sending out II. If they want to give an update to every applicant by mid-December. Oh well, I guess I'll have to wait for my other schools. :(

Anyone else still wearing out the refresh button on your e-mail under the false impression that they might send news out today? (Even though we've been told otherwise?) :cool:

Anyone else still wearing out the refresh button on your e-mail under the false impression that they might send news out today? (Even though we've been told otherwise?) :cool:

Yes! And I've logged into the supplemental site about 20 times hoping I'd see some kind of change or leaked information before official emails are sent... It could happen right? It's a new system that they've obviously already had some issues with...

Positive thinking, I like it!

So how is everybody planning on celebrating if good news comes Monday?

Maybe a few fist pumps, nothing special. I'll be twice as happy because finals week will be over.

So I got an interview invite today, and I'm on the scheduling site and the options are for Jan 9th or 10th and it says "Interview Type I Available" on both days.

What does interview type I mean? Does it list anything different for anyone else?

So I got an interview invite today, and I'm on the scheduling site and the options are for Jan 9th or 10th and it says "Interview Type I Available" on both days.

What does interview type I mean? Does it list anything different for anyone else?

I think that's what everybody has had so far, type I.

I think that's what everybody has had so far, type I.
Yeah I should have backread before I asked that question. Just realized that this is the last week of interviews apparently.

From what people are saying, it seems like all the December and January interviewees are going to be considered together, correct? I'm just curious if it makes a difference to schedule on the 8th of January vs. the 10th. Better to go on the last day and be fresh on their minds, or get it done sooner?

Yeah I should have backread before I asked that question. Just realized that this is the last week of interviews apparently.

From what people are saying, it seems like all the December and January interviewees are going to be considered together, correct? I'm just curious if it makes a difference to schedule on the 8th of January vs. the 10th. Better to go on the last day and be fresh on their minds, or get it done sooner?

I'm not sure what to suggest on that one, it used to be that you always wanted the earlier one with the way OU did rolling admissions, but this year it's all changed. It's still rolling but they're only sending out news in two batches, the first is next week for everyone whose interviewed so far, and then again after the January interviews. With the way they're doing decisions this year it doesn't sound like one would be better than the other.

I think it's just the January interviewees considered in the second batch of decisions. There was only one interview day in December on the 2nd and I'm pretty sure that group was included in the adcom meeting on the 12th.

I'd go for the earlier one, but thats just me. I'd want to get it over with. Congrats on the II!

Status
Not open for further replies.