2012-2013 Wake Forest University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Still waiting :/

Members don't see this ad.

I got screened through this morning!!!!! I ran around the house woo-ing like a crazy person. My dogs were concerned. YAY!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
How many people who get screened through get interviews?

Should I apply here? 3.77/3.60/33, strong interest in public health, strong ties to SC and some to NC, too.

If you are talking about applying primary, I was screened in with much lower stats than you. With no ties to NC or neighboring states.

As far as secondary, I don't know. I am a long shot but I really love this school so I'm going to ahead and pay for the secondary. I realize it is probably money down the drain that I could really use but I like this school and would always wonder what would have happended if I didn't submit the secondary.

Screened in with 3.75/32. Prrrretttyyy pumped up! Never thought I would have a shot at a med school like this 2 years ago.

Screened in as well. Waiting for secondary to arrive.

I haven't received an email yet, but I just went online to check my application status and my status had been updated to:

"Your AMCAS application has been evaluated and we are sending you our secondary application by e-mail.* Please allow 2 weeks for the application to be sent to you as we send them out in batches."

So I think I screened in!! But I'm not sure since I never got an email about a status change??

I haven't received an email yet, but I just went online to check my application status and my status had been updated to:

"Your AMCAS application has been evaluated and we are sending you our secondary application by e-mail.* Please allow 2 weeks for the application to be sent to you as we send them out in batches."

So I think I screened in!! But I'm not sure since I never got an email about a status change??

If you haven't been emailed yet, how did you check your status? I have poked around their SOM's website and can't seem to find anywhere to even try logging in

If you haven't been emailed yet, how did you check your status? I have poked around their SOM's website and can't seem to find anywhere to even try logging in

They emailed me saying that I can check the status of my app. There was a link and they gave you some numbers to type in as an acct number.

They emailed me saying that I can check the status of my app. There was a link and they gave you some numbers to type in as an acct number.

Thanks, I was starting to think I was missing something. Congrats and GL

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks, I was starting to think I was missing something. Congrats and GL

I received that same email! Just a link saying you can check the status here, but no more information than that. When I checked about a week ago it said it was under review, but when I checked back today it said that :)

Sweet!

Your AMCAS application has been evaluated and we are sending you our secondary application by e-mail. Please allow 2 weeks for the application to be sent to you as we send them out in batches.

Their screening must not be very rigorous. 3.00/3.14/33

Hmmm...Has anyone been turned down pre-secondary yet? I wonder if they changed their policy?
As much as I love this school, it is a far reach for me with my low stats. I may just be wasting money I can't afford to lose on the secondary. Can anyone confirm they were actually rejected pre-secondary?

Wake does reject pre secondary. I had friends last cycle that did not receive secondaries here.

Hmmm...Has anyone been turned down pre-secondary yet? I wonder if they changed their policy?
As much as I love this school, it is a far reach for me with my low stats. I may just be wasting money I can't afford to lose on the secondary. Can anyone confirm they were actually rejected pre-secondary?

If you want to apply, just apply, comparing yourself to others is just stupid IMO. Most of us are stretching the wallet as it is, and if you want to try your luck dish out $34.

In other news, I'm still under review.

can anyone put up the essay prompts? Thanks!

why wont the app let me use Chrome!? dumb. Anyway, the questions!

6.Please answer ONE of the following questions

1. The Committee on Admissions invites you to share important and/or challenging factors in your background, such as the quality of your early educational environment, socioeconomic status, culture, race, ethnicity or life or work experiences. Please discuss how such factors have influenced your goals and preparation for a career in medicine.

Or

2. What do you see as the most likely practice scenario for your future medical career?
Why do you believe that you are particularly suited for this practice scenario?
What knowledge, skills and attitudes have you developed that have prepared you for this path?

You may write as much as you want. This box accepts unlimited text.

7. Personal Statement

Complete if you have additional comments or something specific to say to the school.

You may write as much as you want. This box accepts unlimited text.

Just received the secondary! I am applying MD/PhD, so I'm not 100% sure if the prompts are the same:

Choose one of the following questions to answer:
1. The Committee on Admissions invites you to share important and/or challenging factors in your background, such as the quality of your early educational environment, socioeconomic status, culture, race, ethnicity or life or work experiences. Please discuss how such factors have influenced your goals and preparation for a career in medicine.
Or
2. What do you see as the most likely practice scenario for your future medical career?
What knowledge, skills and attitudes have you developed that have prepared you for this path?

And there is a personal statement space to share anything you would like!

Good luck everyone!

Just received the secondary! I am applying MD/PhD, so I'm not 100% sure if the prompts are the same:

Choose one of the following questions to answer:
Or

And there is a personal statement space to share anything you would like!

Good luck everyone!

Same prompts for MD only.

Does anyone know what the deadline is? I can't seem to find it online.

Does anyone know what the deadline is? I can't seem to find it online.
The email I got with a secondary link said the deadline is three weeks from the date of the email.

Anyone still not able to get the secondary to load? I've tried Chrome/Firefox/IE.

Last edited:
Submitted. Prewriting rocks.

:xf: for II. Fantastic school!

Anyone sending 2 science instead of 1 science/1nonscience?

Are there any people still waiting for a first contact e-mail? As in, you haven't even gotten the "check your status" e-mail?

Are there any people still waiting for a first contact e-mail? As in, you haven't even gotten the "check your status" e-mail?

yes, verified 7/5

Yeah, it is interesting we have not received the check status email. If it was a secondary invite I would say, well not everyone gets screened in so maybe we are in the outs for this one. But it being the check status email makes me a little more concerned.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile.

Still under review. AMCAS verified June 15th, 39Q, 3.89 cGPA, 4.0 sGPA.

Me!

Verified on the 6th I think.

I know, I feel like an idiot applying to some of these schools with people like this.

Don't get discouraged. Some secondary screenings may be mostly about stats but the entire app process ultimately isn't.

me! i emailed them about it and they said they get them in batches, so mine is "probably in the next one". seems sketchy to me...

Yeah, still waiting. Don't know if this is because I'm registered to take another MCAT at the end of the month or what...

3.99 cGPA/3.98 sGPA/33R OOS

me! i emailed them about it and they said they get them in batches, so mine is "probably in the next one". seems sketchy to me...

I'm glad one of us e-mailed them about it! I guess the only thing for us to do is continue to wait...

When were you verified?

Status
Not open for further replies.