2012-2013 Wake Forest University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I mean if ur status says your gonna be emailed a secondary your gonna get one. I just meant based in last years thread if there was no hunt that you were getting a secondary it meant you were screened

Well, my status was updated to the "secondary on its way" status from the "we will email you an update" status. I'm just saying that you guys who still have the "we'll update you via email" just haven't been screened in/out yet. Idk though, could be wrong.

I just find it very hard to believe that I would get screened in (3.00c/3.14s/33) and others wouldn't even though they have higher stats. I'm URM, but still. I doubt seeing URM status is part of an initial stat screen.

Members don't see this ad.

Submitted today! But I never got any e-mail confirmation. Anyone else not get one?

on another note, how long does this school usually take to review and give a decision?

Great, now you can use this experience to write about a challenge you faced and how you coped with it. You're welcome.

Why so serious? :confused:

While he/she will write about that, you can write about your failure to get a good GPA as an ORM at a non-elite school.

Members don't see this ad :)

While he/she will write about that, you can write about your failure to get a good GPA as an ORM at a non-elite school.

You really made a new account just to write this post? lol. :thumbup:

Got my secondary!! I guess my scores were finally loaded. Here are the essays:

1. The Committee on Admissions invites you to share important and/or challenging factors in your background, such as the quality of your early educational environment, socioeconomic status, culture, race, ethnicity or life or work experiences. Please discuss how such factors have influenced your goals and preparation for a career in medicine.

2. What do you see as the most likely practice scenario for your future medical career?
Why do you believe that you are particularly suited for this practice scenario?
What knowledge, skills and attitudes have you developed that have prepared you for this path?

3. Complete if you have additional comments or something specific to say to the school.

Only have to chose from one of the first two though. Should be submitting soon since I pre-wrote these.

:laugh: I actually did write about that :thumbup:

(protip: my post that you quoted was filled with sarcasm)

Deal_with_it_dog_gif.gif

Remember when you upgraded your avatar after I commented on it? :thumbup:

Weird, then maybe we haven't even had our apps screened yet?

Not sure what you mean. Here's my sequence of events.

1. Email basically saying "we've received your primary. If you're good enough for a secondary, we'll let you know."

1a. Status on their website said something like "we will email you when your status changes."

2. Status changed (without an email update) to something like "you're acceptable. Expect a secondary in your email within 2 weeks."

2a. Secondary received in a couple of days.

3. Secondary submitted. No confirmation email received.

Mine was a little different from MedPR. This was my sequence of events.

1. Email with link to check status.

2. Status basically saying "we've received your primary"

3. Status changed to "we are reviewing your application"

4. Status changed (without an email update) to something like " Expect a secondary in your email within 2 weeks."

5. Got the Secondary in email.

Members don't see this ad :)
Mine was a little different from MedPR. This was my sequence of events.

1. Email with link to check status.

2. Status basically saying "we've received your primary"

3. Status changed to "we are reviewing your application"

4. Status changed (without an email update) to something like " Expect a secondary in your email within 2 weeks."

5. Got the Secondary in email.

I might have gotten the status change you listed in #3, but I wasn't checking WFU very often because they said they would email all updates. I should've known better ;)

Should I be worried if I haven't heard ANYTHING from WF? I wasn't given a login or anything.

Got my secondary!! I guess my scores were finally loaded. Here are the essays:

1. The Committee on Admissions invites you to share important and/or challenging factors in your background, such as the quality of your early educational environment, socioeconomic status, culture, race, ethnicity or life or work experiences. Please discuss how such factors have influenced your goals and preparation for a career in medicine.

2. What do you see as the most likely practice scenario for your future medical career?
Why do you believe that you are particularly suited for this practice scenario?
What knowledge, skills and attitudes have you developed that have prepared you for this path?

3. Complete if you have additional comments or something specific to say to the school.

Only have to chose from one of the first two though. Should be submitting soon since I pre-wrote these.

good, I hate writing about my plans for the future in medicine. Isn't part of the purpose of medical school to figure this out?. Are there character limits on these essays?

EDIT: nvm, just saw there are unlimited characters.

good, I hate writing about my plans for the future in medicine. Isn't part of the purpose of medical school to figure this out?. Are there character limits on these essays?

EDIT: nvm, just saw there are unlimited characters.

I mean, I don't think that adcoms expect you to know exactly what you want to do. In my essays I said that I wasn't sure what I wanted to do, but had an idea of what I wanted my practice to include (teaching, etc).

What are you guys doing with the optional essay?

I wrote about "Why WFU?" I have low stats though, so I have to take advantage of every opportunity to beat out you high stat guys.

How long are you guys making the secondary essay? I don't want to write so much that I bore them but I don't want to write too little and make them think I don't care...

Just received the official rejection email. Good luck to everyone left in the running. Go here so you don't take my spot somewhere else!:smuggrin:

Just received the official rejection email. Good luck to everyone left in the running. Go here so you don't take my spot somewhere else!:smuggrin:

Really? I guess my rejection email is coming soon. My GPA is surely lower than yours.

Really? I guess my rejection email is coming soon. My GPA is surely lower than yours.

Lol, MedPR. Muagonist was rejected pre-secondary and just got the official email. They haven't started sending out post secondary rejections just yet (to my knowledge). You're still in the running ;)

Lol, MedPR. Muagonist was rejected pre-secondary and just got the official email. They haven't started sending out post secondary rejections just yet (to my knowledge). You're still in the running ;)

Oh.

I mean, I know that schools don't accept a class full of applicants with the highest stats, but I simply don't understand how someone with my stats makes it through screening when someone with higher stats doesn't. Ugh, I wish the process was more transparent.

Oh.

I mean, I know that schools don't accept a class full of applicants with the highest stats, but I simply don't understand how someone with my stats makes it through screening when someone with higher stats doesn't. Ugh, I wish the process was more transparent.

s'all good man. I applied to a lot of schools, so hopefully one comes through.

I still haven't heard anything from these guys and I was verified w/ AMCAS on the 5th. I have a feeling a rejection email is on its way :(

after submitting i checked my status through the original email and it says that it takes 2-3 weeks for them to get to you. I guess that means a decision

I still haven't heard anything from these guys and I was verified w/ AMCAS on the 5th. I have a feeling a rejection email is on its way :(

Same here. Bracing myself for a rejection.

Same here man. I didn't get ANY contact from them, not even an email letting me know that they received my primary :/

Me either. I wonder how bad their screen is? MSAR says their 10th percentile sGPA is 3.27 and MCAT is 28.

For those re-jected pre-secondary. I'm sorry :( guys. I was looking through last year's threads and some really great applicants that later went on to be accepted (some to Ivies) were re-jected pre-secondary.

Oh.

Are you a URM applicant? That lowers the bar pretty significantly.

I am, and I'm aware. I wasn't sure if part of their screening process was for URM.

I'm URM and it didn't lower the bar for me. I have slightly higher undergrad GPA and same MCAT, but I also have a high grad GPA and heavy research.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaand still nothing. No acknowledgement email. Nuttin' but nuttin'-ness.

Finally received the e-mail from WF about recieving my primary application.

Well after having my AMCAS verified on the 5th, I finally got the first contact email from Wake Forest on how to check my application. Now I am just waiting for that secondary.

"Your primary application from AMCAS has been received. It is being evaluated and you will be sent an e-mail notification of your status within 1-2 weeks."

Is this the rejection status? Or do I still have to wait?

"Your primary application from AMCAS has been received. It is being evaluated and you will be sent an e-mail notification of your status within 1-2 weeks."

Is this the rejection status? Or do I still have to wait?

Its the, "you have to wait" status.

Just got my email notification that my primary was revived as well!

Just got my first email! How long did it take everyone's status to change from reviewing primary to approved for secondary?

Just got my first email! How long did it take everyone's status to change from reviewing primary to approved for secondary?
+1, received the acknowledgement of my existence today

Status
Not open for further replies.