2012 APPIC Internship Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Matched with my first choice. Still shocked and excited.

I am SO sorry for people who didn't match. Don't despair. Match ii is here and this is not the end.

Members don't see this ad.

I think we should also add that 40 hours week should be enforced. How can we finish our dissertation working like crazy...?

I don't know that I'd absolutely mandate a 40-hour work week, as that (perhaps sadly) doesn't seem to be the standard in the field at nearly any level of training. However, I'd definitely suggest that internship sites be strongly encouraged to actually focus on training and education rather than essentially using interns as workhorses to churn out reports with minimal-to-no direct feedback and instruction.

I can say that last year, the reputation of a few programs for having a workhorse-type mentality/atmosphere definitely affected their places on my rankings list.

Members don't see this ad :)
As MCParent & Jon Snow noted...great applicants can not match and have it still work out in the end. I didn't match in my first go-around either. Best of luck to everyone.

EVERYONE should take 30 seconds and sign the Occupy The Imbalance petition: http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/psychology-internship

+1. I essentially lucked out and landed a spot in my first go 'round last year, but I know of many equally-qualified and skilled students who did not. Additionally, at least a few of the training directors I interviewed with for postdocs this year mentioned that they hadn't matched during their first attempt. In most cases, it's a systemic problem rather than an individualistic one.

I matched to my 5th choice. I would have ranked this as my 2nd choice except that their accreditation is tenuous at the moment, but I will cross my fingers and hope for the best. I am just thankful to have matched.

I am so sorry to those of you who got bad news in your inboxes this morning, and congratulations to everyone who matched. Thank god this is over!

Thanks all for your support! I really appreciate it. I'm still tearing up throughout the day, but my boyfriend took the day off, took me to breakfast, and we are watching some Rifftrax to take my mind off of it for a little while.

I'm hopeful there are some sites in Phase 2 (only 46 APA/CPA approved, ouch!) that are good fit. We'll see, but am seriously considering just taking another year if there aren't.

Good luck to us Phase 2ers and congratulations to all who have matched!

I think it's actually closer to 1500 that are eligible to compete for the 222 spots. because while 1041 were left unmatched there were 426 people that withdrew from phase 1.
I was one of the unmatched so here's to hoping I can get one of those 222! :) Good Luck to everyone in phase 2, I know it's difficult but we'll be ok!
Congrats to everyone that matched!!!

If you count the people who withdrew from the Match in the total number of applicants, you get a match rate of 67%. 1 in 3 people who registered for the Match didn't match. :wtf:

got my 4th choice, and am psyched :) . It wasn't my first choice city, but was certainly my favorite or second favorite neuropsych program.

My 5 interviews were all at ivy / top tier university hospitals. In the future, do you think it would be wise to recommend people apply to a greater variety of programs? I feel lucky to have placed anywhere at all, considering the high caliber of everyone I met on interviews. It was the same people I saw interviewing at these spots over and over, and there are only so many spots to go around...

I got my 4th choice, also. I looked at the match data and it looks like the chance of matching further down your list is increasing?

MATCH RESULTS BY RANK NUMBER ON APPLICANT'S LIST
(PERCENTAGES MAY NOT TOTAL TO 100 DUE TO ROUNDING ERRORS)
Rank​
Number of Applicants​
1​
1,344​
(45%)​
2​
632​
(21%)​
3​
369​
(12%)​
4​
250​
( 8%)​
5​
123​
( 4%)​
6​
97​
( 3%)​
7​
49​
( 2%)​
8​
43​
( 1%)​
9​
25​
( 1%)​
10 or higher​
36​
( 1%)​
Total​
2,968​
(100%)​

I think it's actually closer to 1500 that are eligible to compete for the 222 spots. because while 1041 were left unmatched there were 426 people that withdrew from phase 1.

Oh, you're so right. Why is APPIC minimizing the problem? (Yes, I am blaming the presentation of the stats rather than my misunderstanding of them.)

There are a few sites that I'll apply to in Phase II but they're either adult focused or not accredited. Ohhhhhh well. Good luck, everyone, again! :luck:

Looking at the Phase 2 list, I see that Wright-Patterson AFB has an open slot. I highly recommend that individuals look into this. The Air Force has amazing training opportunities if you're willing to commit to internship plus 3 more years. I matched to an AF internship and would be happy to discuss it if you have questions.

Members don't see this ad :)
If you count the people who withdrew from the Match in the total number of applicants, you get a match rate of 67%. 1 in 3 people who registered for the Match didn't match. :wtf:
Yeah, I did the math the same way. Wrong, wrong. wrong.

To those of you going into Phase II, keep the faith! Two from my program found stellar matches there last year. I did not, but I used the year to breathe, defend, and strengthen my app for this year. It sucks, but it will be okay. Hard to hear or believe today, I know.

Sending you all good vibes. :luck:

Some great sites in Phase 2! Good luck to us all :)

I got my first choice so I'm thrilled! :zip:Congratulations to everyone who matched. And my heart truly goes out to those who didn't.

My thoughts are with those of you who didn't match. My own program had a few people not match and they were very, very strong applicants.

And for those of you who did, congratulations!

I started a discussion on the 2012 stats here. I didn't want to bog down this thread with it, but I think it is a worthwhile discussion.

The most impactful stat I've extrapolated from the released 2012 APPIC Match data: 52.2%

That is the % of registered applicants who successfully matched (Phase I) to an APA-acred internship site.

I was one of the unmatched so here's to hoping I can get one of those 222! :) Good Luck to everyone in phase 2, I know it's difficult but we'll be ok!
Congrats to everyone that matched!!!

Great point....because all 426 of those applicants originally intended on trying to match. There will be a few who did it for other reasons (e.g. family issue, dissertation problem, etc), but most did it because they didn't have sites to rank.

Scary.

Some great sites in Phase 2! Good luck to us all :)

Agreed. Just glancing through the list on my phone, I saw UNC, Duke, Miami VA, Brown (this seems to be a recurring trend, as I believe they had phase II spots in 2011 and 2010 also), Baylor, and UCSF, among others.

I started a discussion on the 2012 stats here. I didn't want to bog down this thread with it, but I think it is a worthwhile discussion.

The most impactful stat I've extrapolated from the released 2012 APPIC Match data: 52.2%

That is the % of registered applicants who successfully matched (Phase I) to an APA-acred internship site.

That is extremely close to my program's matched percentage this year, as it happens. Huge disaster for the program (which screwed me last year). I feel pretty great about it, even though I didn't match. Schadenfreude still feels good. :p

Agreed. Just glancing through the list on my phone, I saw UNC, Duke, Miami VA, Brown (this seems to be a recurring trend, as I believe they had phase II spots in 2011 and 2010 also), Baylor, and UCSF, among others.

Duke and Baylor were both in Phase II last year as well though I'm not sure if it's the same tracks (I haven't looked at the list yet)

Duke and Baylor were both in Phase II last year as well though I'm not sure if it's the same tracks (I haven't looked at the list yet)

Good catch. I wonder if it's due to them ranking exceedingly low numbers of applicants per spot coupled with the fact that their interviewees are simultaneously being ranked highly by large numbers of other programs...?

Is the Brown spot a "research track" spot? I've heard through the grapevine that one of their research tracks is often left unfilled because they interview very few people for that particular slot. I don't know if this is true for all of their research tracks, however.

Good catch. I wonder if it's due to them ranking exceedingly low numbers of applicants per spot coupled with the fact that their interviewees are simultaneously being ranked highly by large numbers of other programs...?

I just checked the list and I think (if I'm recalling correctly) that Brown and Duke have the same positions going unfilled for at least two years in a row. Baylor's opening this year in Phase 2 is definitely not the one that was open last year.

Is the Brown spot a "research track" spot? I've heard through the grapevine that one of their research tracks is often left unfilled because they interview very few people for that particular slot. I don't know if this is true for all of their research tracks, however.

It is the research spot, yep. As you mention, I believe that's the same one that was unfilled after Phase I last year.

Just want to say congrats to ppl who matched and I wish the best in phase 2 to people who did not! Good luck all we are a step closer to being real psychologists!

I matched to my number one site! I'm excited and a little scared, because it requires relocating and my husband has to find a new job. Otherwise, I can't complain.

I'm so sorry for those who received disappointing results this morning. This process is just so crazy and unfair, as I know we have all been discussing on here for months. I really hope that you are able to find something great in Phase 2. My heart just goes out to you :-(

1 in 3!!! That is so F***** up!!! That pisses me off. :boom:

Yup, me too:mad: What's worse is being one of the 1500 applying for the 40something APA sites left unmatched-and having 0 of them meet your training/career goals. :eek: the system sucks:diebanana:

Congrats to those who matched. To those who did not, I'm so sorry. I hope everything works out.

I will be posting the sites for phase 2 shortly.

Yup, me too:mad: What's worse is being one of the 1500 applying for the 40something APA sites left unmatched-and having 0 of them meet your training/career goals. :eek: the system sucks:diebanana:

You get the Best Use of Smilies Award for the day. :love:

Looks like there are 6 VA spots left out there for you folks dead set on getting a VA internship. Good, I guess..until you realize you are one of at least a few hundred (out of the 1000 unmatched) that dead set on that dream.

Last edited:
Looks like there are 6 VA spots left out there for you folks dead set on getting a VA internship. Good, I guess..until you relaize you are one of at least a couple hundred (out of the 1000 unmatched) that dead set on that dream.

*out of the 1500 unmatched (include the ones who withdrew because they may be back)

Totally ridiculous.

Hey there everyone! I withdrew from the match when the time came not because I didn't have any sites to rank (I got two interviews) but because I realized that the system was deeply broken and felt that removing myself from it was the most ethical choice I could make, particularly as I have support from a local psychologist in attempting to build a local internship that will eventually apply to become accredited. So basically I thought it would be better to try to get another internship going as a way to address the problem in a small way. That said, I am enraged at the fact that 1 in 3 applicants did not match this year! Small steps like the one I took will not be sufficient. WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO ABOUT THIS?!?! If you're interested in working for change to this broken system I encourage you to check out the Occupy the Imbalance facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/groups/223654767715768/. Let's come together to fight this injustice!

I'd like to echo the congratulations for those who did match and I send all my luck to those who have yet to match.

I am one of the lucky ones (yes, I do think luck has a lot to do with it) who did match and have a question...has anyone else not heard from the site to which you matched? My understanding is that the sites should call all the students who matched at their site between 11 and 1. It's almost 2! Should I call/email my site or is that not necessary?

You get the Best Use of Smilies Award for the day. :love:

Ah, geee, I'd like to dedicate this award to. . . all the other applicants who are as outraged and jacked by the system as many of us who posted today. AND, specifically, to the poor banana who was seriously injured during my rant- wish I could use one of those disclaimers (e.g., "no bananas were hurt by the filming. . . .") but that poor guy just bit the dust.

I'd like to echo the congratulations for those who did match and I send all my luck to those who have yet to match.

I am one of the lucky ones (yes, I do think luck has a lot to do with it) who did match and have a question...has anyone else not heard from the site to which you matched? My understanding is that the sites should call all the students who matched at their site between 11 and 1. It's almost 2! Should I call/email my site or is that not necessary?

My future training director called around 12, I would say to contact them. Just to say you are excited for the upcoming year and such.

dharmapsy - I am so sorry to hear your outcome, I wish you the best of luck with whatever choices you make for the future.

Now we wait for all the people who think petitioning will help change the imbalance. These of course will be cued by the discussion of professional schools versus funded university programs. I can see on some list-serves this old discussion going already.

My thoughts are with those of you who didn't match. My own program had a few people not match and they were very, very strong applicants.

And for those of you who did, congratulations!

Well said and likewise from me! Hang in there and good luck in Phase II. :luck:

Last edited:
Now we wait for all the people who think petitioning will help change the imbalance. These of course will be cued by the discussion of professional schools versus funded university programs. I can see on some list-serves this old discussion going already.

What are your ideas? I assume "complaining about initiatives others are taking" isn't going to do much to stop the imbalance either.

It's really easy to be a part of a whiny culture of "no, that won't work." It's a lot harder to step up and actually do something.

Hey there everyone! I withdrew from the match when the time came not because I didn't have any sites to rank (I got two interviews) but because I realized that the system was deeply broken and felt that removing myself from it was the most ethical choice I could make, particularly as I have support from a local psychologist in attempting to build a local internship that will eventually apply to become accredited. So basically I thought it would be better to try to get another internship going as a way to address the problem in a small way

What a bold and unselfish move to make! Kudos to you :highfive:

I matched and am so relieved to finally be done with this process, as this was my 2nd time applying. I'm also thrilled about my site and location, Utah Valley University, in Orem, UT.

Congratulations to everybody who matched; I hope your internship year is productive and rewarding! To those who didn't match, I wish you the best in Match 2, or, any other goals you decide to pursue :luck:

Phase II Sites

ALABAMA

HUNTSVILLE

PSYCH AND COUNSELING ASSOC., PC
195211 - PSYCHOLOGY INTERNSHIP
APPIC Member? Yes
APA:No

ARIZONA

PHOENIX

SOUTHWEST BEHAVIORAL HEALTH SVS
203511 - ROTATION PROGRAM
APPIC Member? Yes

TEMPE

ARIZONA PSYCH TRAINING CONSORT
115841 - GATEHOUSE ACADEMY
APPIC Member? Yes

ARIZONA STATE UNIVERSITY
110911 - PSYCHOLOGY INTERNSHIP
APPIC Member? Yes
APA:Yes

CALIFORNIA

FREMONT

PORTIA BELL HUME BEHAV HEALTH
153411 - BEHAVIORAL CONSULTATION SVS
153413 - PARTIAL HOSPITALIZATION PROGRAM
153414 - AC CLINIC / COMMUNITY SVS
153415 - AC CALWORKS FAMILIES / ECMHS
153416 - COCO O.P. - CONCORD & PITTSBURG
153417 - PREVENTION
APPIC Member? Yes

FULLERTON

CALIFORNIA STATE UNIV-FULLERTON
218711 - PSYCHOLOGY INTERNSHIP
APPIC Member NO

LOS ANGELES

INST MULTICULTURAL COUNS&ED SVS
214111 - PSYCHOLOGY INTERNSHIP
APPIC Member? Yes

LOS ANGELES CNTY DEPT MENTL HLTH
113011 - COMMUNITY - CORRECTIONAL TRACK
APPIC Member? Yes

PASADENA

PACIFIC CLINICS
114815 - ASIAN PACIFIC FAM CTR-CHILD/ADLT
APPIC Member? Yes

RIVERSIDE

UNIV OF CALIFORNIA - RIVERSIDE
172612 - PSYCHOLOGY INTERNSHIP
APPIC Member? Yes

SAN FRANCISCO

U CALIF-SAN FRANCISCO/CLIN PSYCH
115515 - PS&M - SUPPL
APPIC Member? Yes

SAN RAFAEL

MARIN COUNTY HEALTH & HUMAN SVS
192714 - PGSP-DCMH SMI
APPIC Member? Yes

TARZANA

TARZANA TREATMENT CENTERS
201912 - YOUTH TRACK
APPIC Member? Yes

COLORADO

AURORA

UNIV OF COLORADO SCHOOL OF MED.
117512 - JFK DEVELOPMENTAL DISABILITIES
APPIC Member? Yes

WHEAT RIDGE

JEFFERSON CTR FOR MENTAL HEALTH
218011 - PSYCHOLOGY INTERNSHIP
APPIC Member? NO

CONNECTICUT

STAMFORD
CHILD GUIDANCE CTR S CONNECTICUT
160511 - CHILD & ADOLESCENT INTERNSHIP
160512 - EARLY INTERVENTION INTERNSHIP
160513 - CRISIS & VICTIMIZATION
Yes

DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA
WASHINGTON

SAINT ELIZABETHS HOSPITAL
118811 - PSYCHOLOGY INTERNSHIP
APPIC Member? Yes

FLORIDA

CORAL GABLES

NEUROBEHAVIORAL INSTIT. OF MIAMI
210811 - CLINICAL NEUROPSYCHOLOGY INTERN
APPIC Member? Yes

FT. LAUDERDALE

NOVA S.EASTERN U CTR PSYCH STUDY
120413 - BROWARD SHERRIFS OFFICE
120415 - CHRYSALIS CENTER
120417 - HENDERSON BEHAVIORAL HEALTH
120421 - MEMORIAL REGIONAL HOSP - MEDICAL
APPIC Member? Yes

KISSIMMEE

PARK PLACE BEHAVIORAL HEALTHCARE
120811 - PSYCHOLOGY INTERNSHIP
APPIC Member? Yes

MIAMI

MIAMI-DADE CNTY COMM ACTION & HS
121611 - PSYCHOLOGY INTERNSHIP
APPIC Member? Yes

VA MEDICAL CENTER – MIAMI
122015 - PSYCHIATRY
APPIC Member? Yes

ORLANDO

ORLANDO VETERANS ADMIN MED CTR
222111 - PSYCHOLOGY INTERNSHIP
APPIc Member? NO
CPA:No

GEORGIA

ATLANTA

GEORGIA TECH COUNSELING CENTER
201211 - PSYCHOLOGY INTERNSHIP
APPIC Member? Yes

HAWAII

HONOLULU

ARGOSY UNIVERSITY - HAWAII
123911 - PSYCHOLOGY INTERNSHIP
APPIC Member? Yes

ILLINOIS

CHICAGO

GATEWAY FOUNDATION PSYCHOLOGY
205611 - LAKE VILLA INTERNSHIP
205615 - AURORA ADULT INTERNSHIP
205616 - AURORA ADDICTIONS INTERNSHIP
APPIC Member? Yes

ILLINOIS PSYCH ASSOC CONSORTIUM
215812 - ASSOC. BEHAVIORAL SCI-FULL TIME
APPIC Member? Yes

LAKE MICHIGAN INTERNSHIP CONSORT
206213 - MACNEAL SCHOOL
206214 - ALAN JAFFE PSYD AND ASSOCIATES
206215 - ADA S. MCKINLEY CMH
206217 - DUPAGE CNTY DEPT PROB/COURT SVS
206219 - SMART LOVE FAMILY SERVICES
206220 - CHICAGO INSTIT PSYCHOANALYSIS
APPIC Member? Yes

JOLIET

MIDAMERICAN PSYCH INSTITUTE, PC
220211 - PSYCHOLOGY INTERNSHIP
APPIC Member? NO

LAKE VILLA

ALLENDALE ASSOC/BRADLEY COUN CTR
127811 - PSYCHOLOGY INTERNSHIP
APPIC Member? Yes

LOMBARD

DUPAGE COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT
166712 - ADULT TRACK
APPIC Member? Yes

NORMAL

ILLINOIS SCHL PSYCH INT CONSORT
113226 - MAINE EAST HS
113227 - DEERFIELD/HP
APPIC Member? Yes

NORTHFIELD

PRIMARY CARE PSYCHOLOGY ASSOC.
220311 - PSYCHOLOGY INTERNSHIP
APPIC Member NO

PALOS HEIGHTS

PALOS BEHAVIORAL HEALTH PROF
193911 - PSYCHOLOGY INTERNSHIP
APPIC Member? Yes

SCHAUMBURG

NSIC INTERNSHIP CONSORTIUM
220011 - PSYCHOLOGY INTERNSHIP
APPIC Member NO

INDIANA

ANDERSON

MADISON COUNTY COMMUNITY HLTH
222011 - PSYCHOLOGY INTERNSHIP
APPIC Member NO

KANSAS

LARNED

LARNED STATE HOSPITAL
201511 - PSYCHOLOGY INTERNSHIP
APPIC Member? Yes

KENTUCKY
JACKSON

KENTUCKY RIVER COMMUNITY CARE
218311 - PSYCHOLOGY INTERNSHIP
APPIC Member? Yes

LAGRANGE

KENTUCKY DEPT. OF CORRECTIONS
214811 - PSYCHOLOGY INTERNSHIP
APPIC Member? Yes

LOUISIANA

NEW ORLEANS

TULANE UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF MED
131712 - ADULT: BEHAVIORAL MEDICINE
131715 - PEDIATRIC CONSULTATION-LIAISON
APPIC Member? Yes

MAINE

AUGUSTA

RIVERVIEW PSYCHIATRIC CENTER
209111 - PSYCHOLOGY INTERNSHIP
APPIC Member? Yes

MARYLAND

CATONSVILLE

SPRING GROVE HOSPITAL CENTER
134911 - PSYCHOLOGY INTERNSHIP
APPIC Member? Yes

MASSACHUSETTS

BOSTON

DANIELSEN INSTIT. AT BOSTON UNIV
132713 - DEDICATED INTERNSHIP(RESTRICTED)
APPIC Member? Yes

CHELMSFORD

COMPREHENSIVE OUTPATIENT SVS INC
195812 - PSYCHOLOGY INTERNSHIP
APPIC Member? Yes

SPRINGFIELD

COMMUNITY SERVICES INSTITUTE
205512 - BOSTON
205513 - SPRINGFIELD
APPIC Member? Yes

MICHIGAN

CADILLAC

LIFE SKILLS PSYCHOLOGICAL SVS
218911 - PSYCHOLOGY INTERNSHIP
APPIC Member? NO

MINNESOTA

DULUTH

ARROWHEAD PSYCH CLINIC
209712 - GENERALIST - CLINICAL PSYCHOLOGY
APPIC Member? Yes

EAGAN
MINNEAPOLIS/ST.PAUL METRO CONSRT
216012 - FRASER CHILD & FAMILY CENTER
216014 - RELATE COUNSELING CENTER
APPIC Member? Yes

HIBBING

RANGE MENTAL HEALTH CENTER INC.
215311 - PSYCHOLOGY INTERNSHIP
APPIC Member? Yes

MINNEAPOLIS

MINNEAPOLIS INTERNSHIP CONSORT
216111 - PARK AVENUE CENTER
APPIC Member? Yes

NEW BRIGHTON

NYSTROM AND ASSOCIATES, LTD.
214411 - PSYCHOLOGY INTERNSHIP
APPIC Member? NO

SAINT PAUL

NATALIS COUNSEL & PSYCH SOLUTION
218511 - PSYCHOLOGY INTERNSHIP
APPIC Member? Yes

MISSOURI

FULTON

FULTON STATE HOSPITAL
178311 - PSYCHOLOGY INTERNSHIP
APPIC Member? Yes

SPRINGFIELD

HEART OF AMERICA PSYCH CONSORT
192512 - ROYAL OAKS HOSPITAL
192517 - GREENE COUNTY JAIL
192519 - PATHWAYS COMM BEHAV HLTHCARE INC
192520 - FAMILY PSYCHOLOGICAL CENTER
192522 - GREATER OZARKS RURAL PSYCH, LLC
APPIC Member? Yes

ST. JOHN'S HEALTH SYS/MARIAN CTR
216211 - PSYCHOLOGY INTERNSHIP
APPIC Member? Yes

Phase II sites cont.

NEBRASKA

LINCOLN

PREMIER PSYCHIATRIC GROUP LLC
219111 - PSYCHOLOGY INTERNSHIP
APPIC Member? NO

NEW JERSEY

NEWARK

THE NEWARK PUBLIC SCHOOLS
209911 - PSYCHOLOGY INTERNSHIP
APPIC Member? Yes

WOODBRIDGE

WOODBRIDGE DEVELOPMENTAL CENTER
199311 - PSYCHOLOGY INTERNSHIP
APPIC Member? Yes

NEW MEXICO

LAS CRUCES

NEW MEXICO STATE UNIVERSITY
143811 - PSYCHOLOGY INTERNSHIP
APPIC Member? Yes

NEW YORK

NEW YORK

HAMILTON-MADISON HOUSE, INC.
215711 - PSYCH INT-CHINESE SPEAKING REQD
APPIC Member? Yes

THE SCHOOL AT COLUMBIA UNIV/CST
202211 - PSYCHOLOGY INTERNSHIP
APPIC Member Yes

ROCHESTER

UNIV OF ROCHESTER – COUNSELING
149112 - PSYCHOLOGY INTERN (PART TIME)
APPIC Member? Yes

YONKERS

ANDRUS CHILDREN'S CENTER
149812 - CHILD DAY TREATMENT/RESIDENTIAL
APPIC Member? Yes

NORTH CAROLINA
CHAPEL HILL
U N.CAROLINA-CHAPEL HILL/COUNSEL
APPIC Member? Yes

206311 - PSYCHOLOGY INTERNSHIP

DURHAM
DUKE UNIV MED - DEPT PSYCHIATRY
APPIC Member? Yes

141320 - CHILD PSYCH - PEDIATRICS TRACK

NORTH DAKOTA

FARGO

SOUTHEAST HUMAN SERVICE CENTER
178911 - PSYCHOLOGY INTERNSHIP
APPIC Member? Yes

OHIO

AKRON

OHIO PSYCHOLOGY INTERNSHIP
150015 - FORENSIC TRACK
APPIC Member? Yes

BEREA

BEREA CHILDREN'S HOME & FAM SVS
205411 - ECMH & SCHOOL SERVICES
205416 - LORAIN & OPC
APPIC Member? Yes

CLEVELAND

DAILY BEHAVIORAL HEALTH
211811 - PSYCHOLOGY INTERNSHIP
APPIC Member? Yes

WRIGHT-PATTERSON

WRIGHT-PATTERSON USAF MED CENTER
151411 - PSYCHOLOGY INTERNSHIP
APPIC Member? Yes

OREGON

NEWBERG

GEORGE FOX UNIVERSITY
219711 - PSYCHOLOGY INTERNSHIP
APPIC Member? Yes

PENNSYLVANIA

EAST PETERSBURG

PENNSYLVANIA COUNSELING SERVICES
191313 - RENAISSANCE CROSSROADS TRACK
APPIC Member? Yes

HARRISBURG

KEYSTONE CHILDREN & FAMILY SVS
219411 - PSYCHOLOGY INTERNSHIP
APPIC Member? NO

PHILADELPHIA

ASSESSMENT & TREATMENT ALTERNAT.
208211 - PSYCHOLOGY INTERNSHIP
APPIC Member? Yes

CHESTNUT HILL COLLEGE INT CONSRT
218114 - GIRARD INPATIENT OUTPATIENT
218117 - NHS COMMUNITY MENTAL HEALTH
APPIC Member? Yes

FRIENDS HOSPITAL
153511 - PSYCHOLOGY INTERNSHIP
APPIC Member? Yes

TORRANCE

TORRANCE STATE HOSPITAL
154611 - PSYCHOLOGY INTERNSHIP
APPIC Member? Yes

VILLANOVA

DEVEREUX FOUNDATION
154815 - ADULT SERVICES
APPIC Member? Yes

RHODE ISLAND

PROVIDENCE

ALPERT MED SCHOOL OF BROWN UNIV
155120 - MIDAS PROJECT CLINICAL/RESEARCH
APPIC Member? Yes

SOUTH CAROLINA

COLUMBIA

W.J.B. DORN VA MEDICAL CENTER
217411 - PSYCHOLOGY INTERNSHIP
APPIC Member? Yes

TEXAS

AUSTIN

TRAVIS COUNTY JUVENILE PROB DEPT
202911 - PSYCHOLOGY INTERNSHIP
APPIC Member? NO

EDINBURG

LONE STAR PSYCH RES CONSORTIUM
215914 - STATE HSP, SMI, ADULT, DBT
APPIC Member? Yes

FARMERS BRANCH

GREATER SOUTHWEST CONSORTIUM
210711 - PSYCHOLOGY INTERNSHIP
APPIC Member? Yes

HOUSTON

BAYLOR COLL MED-PSYCH & BHAV SCI
157721 - GERIATRIC MENT HLTH CARE/RSRCH
Yes

UNIVERSITY OF HOUSTON-CLEAR LAKE
218811 - PSYCHOLOGY INTERNSHIP
APPIC Member? NO

MEXIA

TEXAS DEPT AGING & DISABIL SVS
216711 - PSYCHOLOGY INTERNSHIP
APPIC Member? Yes

SAN ANTONIO

BEXAR COUNTY JUVENILE PROBATION
194611 - PSYCHOLOGY INTERNSHIP
APPIC Member? Yes

UTAH

CEDAR CITY

SOUTHERN UTAH UNIVERSITY
215411 - PSYCHOLOGY INTERNSHIP
APPIC Member? Yes

VERMONT

BENNINGTON

SOUTHWESTERN VERMONT PSY CONSORT
201411 - NEURO FOCUS/GERONTOLOGY FOCUS
APPIC Member? Yes

WHITE RIVER JCT.

VA MED CTR-WHITE RIVER JUNCTION
174111 - PSYCHOLOGY INTERNSHIP
APPIC Member? Yes

VIRGINIA

ARLINGTON

MID-ATLANTIC INTERNSHIP CONSORT
201812 - LOUDOUN COUNTY MHC
201813 - WILLIAMSVILLE WELLNESS
201814 - ASSOCIATED CLINICAL SERVICES
201822 - INTERDYNAMICS
201828 - PRINCE WILLIAM FAMILY COUNSELING
APPIC Member? Yes

HARRISONBURG

JAMES MADISON UNIV - COUNSELING
164911 - PSYCHOLOGY INTERNSHIP
APPIC Member? Yes

JARRATT

GREENSVILLE CORRECTIONAL CENTER
221811 - PSYCHOLOGY INTERNSHIP
APPIC Member? NO

SPOTSYLVANIA

RAPPAHANNOCK AREA COMM SERV BRD
176211 - PSYCHOLOGY INTERNSHIP
APPIC Member? Yes

VIRGINIA BEACH

CHRISTIAN PSYCHOTHERAPY SERVICES
139211 - PSYCHOLOGY INTERNSHIP
APPIC Member? Yes

WASHINGTON

REDMOND

UNITED BACK CARE, INC.
221611 - PSYCHOLOGY INTERNSHIP
APPIC Member? NO

WENATCHEE

COLUMBIA VALLEY COMMUNITY HEALTH
212511 - PSYCHOLOGY INTERNSHIP
APPIC Member? Yes

WEST VIRGINIA

BRUCETON MILLS

USP HAZELTON/FCI MORGANTOWN
212811 - PSYCHOLOGY INTERNSHIP
APPIC Member? Yes

HUNTINGTON

MARSHALL UNIV/APPALACHIAN CONSRT
219914 - COMMUNITY MENTAL HEALTH
APPIC Member? NO

WISCONSIN

WEST ALLIS

ROGERS MEMORIAL HOSPITAL
215111 - CADT/INPATIENT
APPIC Member? Yes

WYOMING

SHERIDAN

SHERIDAN VA MEDICAL CENTER
221411 - PSYCHOLOGY INTERNSHIP
APPIC Member? NO

CANADA

HAMILTON

HAMILTON HEALTH SCIENCES
183014 - CHILD PSYCHOLOGY (AUTISM)
APPIC Member? Yes
CPA:Yes

KINGSTON

CORRECTIONAL SERVICE CANADA
185811 - PSYCHOLOGY INTERNSHIP
APPIC Member? NO

QUEEN'S UNIVERSITY
184811 - PSYCHOLOGY INTERNSHIP
APPIC Member? NO

LONDON

LONDON CLINICAL PSYCH RES CONSRT
181517 - COUNSELING TRACK
APPIC Member? Yes

OTTAWA

UNIV OF OTTAWA-CTR FOR PSYCH SER
182717 - ADULT CLINICAL/SYSTEM
APPIC Member? Yes

ST. JOHN'S

EASTERN HEALTH
186013 - CHILD AND ADOLESCENT STREAM
APPIC Member? NO

TORONTO

UNIVERSITY OF TORONTO
185711 - PSYCHOLOGY INTERNSHIP
APPIC Member? NO

I didn't match, 2nd year in a row. I'll see what's available in Phase II, talk to the director of my program about my options, and maybe withdraw from school (not going through the internship application process again!).

Quynh, I'm shocked that you didn't match. Good luck with Phase II and beyond.

Don't give up; at least there is a match II

What a bold and unselfish move to make! Kudos to you :highfive:

I matched and am so relieved to finally be done with this process, as this was my 2nd time applying. I'm also thrilled about my site and location, Utah Valley University, in Orem, UT.

Congratulations to everybody who matched; I hope your internship year is productive and rewarding! To those who didn't match, I wish you the best in Match 2, or, any other goals you decide to pursue :luck:

I matched to my 5th choice, but I feel like this was actually the best place for me...strange.

I'm also relived to be moving forward in my second year of applying...congratulations to everyone who matched! I wish everyone in Phase 2 the best of luck. I hope we can all do something to fix this system.

Thanks, Romy, for posting that. It'll be very helpful for people next year. Good luck with CAPIC next week!

Don't give up; at least there is a match II

Thanks but I'm pretty sick of this. :p I called the state licensing board and discovered that I could probably get licensed as a non-psychologist with my MA in Clinical Psychology, with 2 years of full time supervised work, and by passing the test. If I had known that when I finished classes - or if I'd even known who to call to check - I could be licensed now. :smack: (Not to mention 30-60k richer, as those jobs pay unlike practica.)(Not that I've attempted to get hours for this licensure, since finding out about the option.)

I'm probably applying to 3 programs (one adult oriented APA accredited program that I applied to in Phase I this year, one child/family APPIC member site that I applied to in Phase II last year but wasn't allowed to rank *insert virulent curses against my program's faculty here*, and one child/family APPIC member site near my husband's office that I haven't applied to before). If I get no interviews, that would be great. Clear signal that it is time to move on. If I get 1-3 interviews and the sites are okay, I still don't know if I'd be allowed to rank the 2 APPIC ones. If my program's faculty have a change of heart and allow me to "make my own" internship, that might be workable for me... But overall, I don't think I want to do this anymore.

I didn't get into psychology to be anyone's hero, for the glamourous lifestyle, or for the fame and riches but I did think I would, at some point, get some kind of positive recognition of my hard work for the field from someone I'm not related to. Hasn't happened. Haven't been paid for the majority of the services I've provided (most were practica). And even when I was paid and helped kids deal with trauma from sexual abuse, helped parents develop healthy relationships with their kids, or helped kids disclose suicidal ideation and/or hallucinations to their parents, I wasn't even paid half the hourly rate that my computer programming friends get for their freelance work setting up websites for companies, in their pajamas on their couches at home. Not a fan of psychologists right now.

*grumble grumble grumble*

How many sites are people who didn't match planning to apply to, if you've gotten that far yet?

Thanks, Romy, for posting that. It'll be very helpful for people next year. Good luck with CAPIC next week!

Thanks but I'm pretty sick of this. :p I called the state licensing board and discovered that I could probably get licensed as a non-psychologist with my MA in Clinical Psychology, with 2 years of full time supervised work, and by passing the test. If I had known that when I finished classes - or if I'd even known who to call to check - I could be licensed now. :smack: (Not to mention 30-60k richer, as those jobs pay unlike practica.)(Not that I've attempted to get hours for this licensure, since finding out about the option.)

I'm probably applying to 3 programs (one adult oriented APA accredited program that I applied to in Phase I this year, one child/family APPIC member site that I applied to in Phase II last year but wasn't allowed to rank *insert virulent curses against my program's faculty here*, and one child/family APPIC member site near my husband's office that I haven't applied to before). If I get no interviews, that would be great. Clear signal that it is time to move on. If I get 1-3 interviews and the sites are okay, I still don't know if I'd be allowed to rank the 2 APPIC ones. If my program's faculty have a change of heart and allow me to "make my own" internship, that might be workable for me... But overall, I don't think I want to do this anymore.

I didn't get into psychology to be anyone's hero, for the glamourous lifestyle, or for the fame and riches but I did think I would, at some point, get some kind of positive recognition of my hard work for the field from someone I'm not related to. Hasn't happened. Haven't been paid for the majority of the services I've provided (most were practica). And even when I was paid and helped kids deal with trauma from sexual abuse, helped parents develop healthy relationships with their kids, or helped kids disclose suicidal ideation and/or hallucinations to their parents, I wasn't even paid half the hourly rate that my computer programming friends get for their freelance work setting up websites for companies, in their pajamas on their couches at home. Not a fan of psychologists right now.

*grumble grumble grumble*

How many sites are people who didn't match planning to apply to, if you've gotten that far yet?

I definitely feel you right now. I remember getting to a point after I didn't match two years ago where I wanted to scream about how much work I'd done, how much money I'd lost, how many times I'd moved, how much sleep I'd lost, how much positive feedback I'd gotten-- and I still couldn't prove to the powers that be that I deserved to be a real psychologist.

I really hope your program cuts you some slack this year, especially after the stunt they pulled last year. Perhaps if they hear this is your last real push before you take a different route, they'll be more receptive.

But, seriously, it kills me that our profession pushes out good people this way. I don't blame you for thinking of different options at this point. It just frustrates me to no end that the system fails so hard that people do have to make decisions like this.

I definitely feel you right now. I remember getting to a point after I didn't match two years ago where I wanted to scream about how much work I'd done, how much money I'd lost, how many times I'd moved, how much sleep I'd lost, how much positive feedback I'd gotten-- and I still couldn't prove to the powers that be that I deserved to be a real psychologist.

I really hope your program cuts you some slack this year, especially after the stunt they pulled last year. Perhaps if they hear this is your last real push before you take a different route, they'll be more receptive.

But, seriously, it kills me that our profession pushes out good people this way. I don't blame you for thinking of different options at this point. It just frustrates me to no end that the system fails so hard that people do have to make decisions like this.

Yay, empathy! :D (Other fields may have money, fame, and appreciation but psychology has a good lead when it comes to empathy.)

Thanks, I already dropped the "I'm considering withdrawal" bomb on the program today. I think, though, that there is a serious case of groupthink going on with the faculty, so I don't believe my plans will have any kind of impact favorable to me. :thumbdown: (I could be wrong. I mean, I expected there would be no problem with me ranking an APPIC site last year, so I've been wrong about their reasoning/logic/interests before.)

I wouldn't be a great/historical psychologist but I could help lots of people. I will help people some other way, is what it's looking like. Fine with me (I'll almost certainly make more money, :rolleyes: haha), sucks for the field/profession.

Chocolate covered fruit has been a great comfort to me thus far today and I am looking forward to Chinese food picking up the comfort slack tonight. :p

It's tough to really consider walking away (I'm visualizing a totally different/new path in the woods :p). I'll apply to these sites - probably tomorrow afternoon - and see what happens. I would like it to be out of my hands, I think...