2012 applicants: where were you when you received 1st acceptance?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

boopitybop

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
after almost a year of my heart skipping a beat every time my phone notified me i had an email, there is no better feeling in the world than seeing "Congratulations!" in the subject line. i was in a work meeting with my bosses and checked the email under the table on my phone. i couldnt stop smiling the rest of the day.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I had just come home from school and saw my acceptance letter on the dinner table, I was so happy

At school working as a tutor in mid-October when I got an email with the subject line, "Saint Louis University Acceptance" appeared on my phone. I kept working but I let a few friends who were there know.... It was awesome.

Members don't see this ad :)
late Sunday night watching Dexter

I checked my email on my phone right before I went into another interview and saw the acceptance! Took the pressure off..

At home. My mom called me to say she received a letter from UVa (my mail still goes to her house). I had her open it for me before making the 5-minute drive to her house to retrieve it, because I couldn't wait that long, lol.

On a plane using In-flight Wifi service while returning home from an interview.

I was taking an English course at a local CC to finish my English pre-req back in October. I decided to check my email during a break and saw I'd been accepted. Awesome feeling.

I just finished my interview day at another school when I called my mom and she gave me the good news.

got an email at 1am on a Friday - i thought it was a joke until i confirmed it on the school's status page :D then i proceeded to wake up my roommate and my parents

Walking on 6th Avenue when I got a call. Couldn't wipe that smile off of my face for hours.

Walked into my parents house after work and they both gave me a hug.

The letter came to their house earlier in the day. What a huge relief

At the Lusty Leopard.

My smile was for another reason than the acceptance.

Members don't see this ad :)
Oct 17 at like 10 am. Was studying at the library.

Was at work and received a missed call from a Philadelphia area code (I am from California). Dean had left a voice mail.

:)

I kept working but I let a few friends who were there know
9.jpg

I kept working but I let a few friends who were there know
9.jpg
Hahaha, I was at work but EVERYONE knew. I was running around screaming and slipped on pile of scrubs and got a huge bruise for like a month, but it reminded me of getting in so it was okay.

at work freaking out because i didn't have good reception anywhere in the building and was literally running around to various parts of the building so i could call the admissions office back

In the office of the Dean of Admissions

I was at work, I had to walk a couple laps around the building before I was able able to come back and be serious :D Ah man, fun thinking about that moment

Studying for a Histology exam in the lab with my teacher. She gave me a hug and congratulated me. :laugh:

I'd just gotten back from class and got an email. I wasn't expecting one since the school had said they only mailed decisions. I said "yay" to myself and then took a nap. LOL I got excited after I got some sleep.

I was walking to the library to study for an exam I had the following day. Needless to say, once I got the email, I walked right back to my apartment and celebrated with friends.

Mine was on October 17th, I went to work without having received a call from one of my top choices in the morning. Other people on SDN were contacted already, so I was convinced that I was put on the waitlist or (even worse) rejected. Got the call about an hour into work. I answered the phone as soon as it rang, it didn't even register with me that I was in the middle of a conversation with my PI haha (whoops!). One of the happiest days of my life :).

Last edited:
At work just before lunch. Couldn't eat because I was so excited. Just like the time I received my MCAT score expecting 5 points lower, was expecting A decision 2 months later.

Great feeling.

I received my first interview invite while as a participant in an overnight medical testing experiment (had to pay for all those apps somehow) and I got my first acceptance while at a Brazilian nightclub.

In bed.. we got the email at midnight! Proceeded to send a mass text to all my friends and my parents. :D

At work where I proceeded to yell out "Yes!" amongst the staff and patients. All the docs and nurses just looked at me strangely but this was quickly followed by hugs and celebration. Needless to say, I was fairly useless for the rest of the day at work. :oops:

I honestly don't remember. Does that make me a terrible person?

At the airport, coming back from another school's interview. I started screaming and the people sitting next to me in the waiting area, began to move (one at a time). I didn't care. Kept screaming "Yes, I did it" Lol!