2012 I matched thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GuzzyRon

Son of the Son of Man
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, who else got the good news that he or she matched today? :D

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I did! Congrats to all who matched and good luck to those doing SOAP. I can't wait to see where I'll be this Friday! :)

Matched Wyckoff Heights Medical Center in Brooklyn! Congrats to all that matched. We are now colleagues.

Matched Wyckoff Heights Medical Center in Brooklyn! Congrats to all that matched. We are now colleagues.

Congrats! I'm assuming you already know where you're going either because you accepted a position outside the match or because you participated in SOAP. If it was the latter, how did that process go for you? Again, congrats!

I did too! To one of my top three.... since I only ranked three programs. Monday was a stressful day but ended with a good outcome!

I did too! To one of my top three.... since I only ranked three programs. Monday was a stressful day but ended with a good outcome!

What?! :eek: You only ranked 3 programs?! :eek: :scared:

You, sir/ma'am, are very brave! :D Glad it worked out!

Wow, I can't even imagine! I ranked 18 programs, and I was still sick all morning until that email came.

Congrats! I'm assuming you already know where you're going either because you accepted a position outside the match or because you participated in SOAP. If it was the latter, how did that process go for you? Again, congrats!

Thank you, I did receive an offer outside of the match however I graciously declined. I am an osteopathic student and it turned out my number 1 rank was an osteo program. I ranked 1 osteo program and matched. If i would not have matched, I would have ranked 5 allopathic programs. The osteo match was 1 month ago so I have known now for a little while.

Hope everyone else matches their top choices!!!

I interviewed at 4 programs but decided in the end I would not be happy at one of them. This was not intentional or any sort of overconfidence by me, believe me. I applied to a narrow range of programs (as in the type, only University based programs in the midwest) and ended up getting fewer interviews than I expected. I have a couple of theories as to why which will be confirmed or not on Friday. The few days leading up to Monday were very terrifying for me particularly when people told me I was crazy for only ranking three but somehow I managed to survive the anxiety and near panic attacks. The nice thing about only having ranked three is that I won't be as surprised with my match because the numbers just aren't there.

Congrats to everyone, and good luck to those going through SOAP.

Up until Sunday, I had been avoiding thinking about matching on Monday morning. Part of me felt like I would be OK, the other just wanted to avoid the dreaded thought of not matching. It wasn't until Sunday night that it really hit me... anything is possible in this process. I do believe that its not random, but at the end of the day you're hoping the program understands/likes you and your application! They can say one thing, but do another.... and nothing is guaranteed until you have an official match contract. I think those were the words I was thinking as I fell into a fitful night of sleep Sunday night :eek:.

Thankfully, Monday morning I received the wonderful news that I did match :soexcited: . Having some of those realizations has made me feel much more grateful about receiving a match. Again, good luck to everyone out there still in SOAP! anddddd good luck :luck: to everyone tomorrow, I'm so excited to find out where I am going to be for the next 4 years.