2012 post interview contact/love

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Qed274

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Where has everybody started to hear from? So far yale and UVA here...

Members don't see this ad.

UVA as well. Also Loyola, Texas A&M, and Ochsner recently.

Members don't see this ad :)
George Washington
Louisville
Loyola
MUSC
Ochsner
Penn State
Rush
Texas A&M
U Chicago
UI
UVA
Yale

On a related note, are you guys responding to these emails?

George Washington
Louisville
Loyola
MUSC
Ochsner
Penn State
Rush
Texas A&M
U Chicago
UI
UVA
Yale

On a related note, are you guys responding to these emails?

Could you guys clarify if it was an ERAS generated email or a personalized email from the PD? For example, I received very generic post-interview emails from Penn State(not even 20 min after leaving Hershey), UT Houston (by mail), and UTSW- eras.

George Washington
Louisville - email, letter PD
Loyola - letter PD
MUSC - email PD
Ochsner - letter chair
Penn State - generic ERAS
Rush - email PD
Texas A&M - Christmas card, letter PD
U Chicago
UI
UVA - letter chair
Yale

Add Kansas, Oklahoma, UIC, Wayne State - DMC, and Kentucky to the list.

Kentucky contacted you? Their program director said to my entire interview group that he would never contact the applicants, that it was against their policy.

The Kentucky one wasn't personal - it was an ERAS form letter "thanks for coming" thingy from the coordinator about a week after the interview - but the rest were. KU and Oklahoma actually sent notes via mail. UIC and DMC were email.

George Washington
Loyola - letter PD
MUSC - email PD
Northwestern- letter
Ochsner - letter chair
Penn State - generic ERAS
Rush - email PD
U Chicago
UI
UVA - letter chair
Yale

I agree with you.
g.php

Members don't see this ad :)
George Washington
Loyola - letter PD
MUSC - email PD
Northwestern- letter
Ochsner - letter chair
Rush - email PD
U Chicago
UI
UPMC - call PD
UVA - letter chair
Yale

George Washington - email PD
Jefferson - email PD
Loyola - letter PD
MUSC - email PD
Northwestern- letter
Ochsner - letter chair
Rush - email PD
U Chicago
UI
UPMC - call PD
UVA - letter chair
Yale

Are you guys sending letters/emails back to the programs in response to their letters? Do they expect a reply?

Are you guys sending letters/emails back to the programs in response to their letters? Do they expect a reply?

Yeah wondering the same. Snail mail letters I don't think I will, but emails is up in the air...

Curious about the content of these letters. Do PD's specifically state that they are ranking you high or are they more general "it was nice interviewing with you, you seem nice" emails?

I received generic post-interview letters from UIC and Penn state PD's and a letter from Buffalo stating that they ranked me high.

To what extent this form of communication means anything; ::shrugs::

I'm going with the mentality that it's better than to have NOT received anything at all, but that it doesn't mean it's a lock.

anyone get a call from any programs? just curious...

Dartmouth - letter committee chair
Hopkins - email PD
Jefferson - email PD
Loyola - letter PD
Maryland - letter chair
MUSC - email PD
Northwestern- letter
Ochsner - letter chair
Rush - email PD
Tufts - letter PD
U Chicago
UI
UPMC - call PD
UVA - letter chair
Yale

For those who interviewed at Stanford - hear anything? was wondering if i should put any significance into it

Perhaps I should have been more specific....I don't think letters sent out immediately after your interview thanking you for coming or thank you's to your thank you's count. (Dartmouth and Tufts both sent me (and I think everybody) letters immediately after the interview, for example. Did you guys get anything more recent?) I was thinking more of contact that seems to be semi-personalized or allude to your ranking, and to that end, that were probably sent at the end of January or now in February.

Anyway, I haven't heard a peep from most of my programs yet....wonder if its still early or there is a trend toward less post-interview contact recently?

Hopkins - email PD
Jefferson - email PD
Loyola - letter PD
Maryland - letter chair
MUSC - email PD
Northwestern- letter
Ochsner - letter chair
Rush - email PD
Tufts - letter PD
U Chicago
UI
UPMC - call PD
UVA - letter chair
Yale

Perhaps I should have been more specific....I don't think letters sent out immediately after your interview thanking you for coming or thank you's to your thank you's count. (Dartmouth and Tufts both sent me (and I think everybody) letters immediately after the interview, for example. Did you guys get anything more recent?) I was thinking more of contact that seems to be semi-personalized or allude to your ranking, and to that end, that were probably sent at the end of January or now in February.

Anyway, I haven't heard a peep from most of my programs yet....wonder if its still early or there is a trend toward less post-interview contact recently?

Haha well I then I think most of these can be discounted. From the places listed so far that I interviewed at, I think the post-interview emails and letters are also sent to everyone (including the Yale and UVa) with the exception of maybe a few.

Just curious - in terms of post interview feedback at this point, is anyone changing their rank list because of these letters? I know there is no incentive to change one's list, but maybe some people like being liked enough to modify their rank list?

Personally, I've been contacted by one west coast program and one east coast program and neither really shifted my perspective or changed my rank list.

Wondering if any residents could comment on the following: did you match at a program that did not respond to your letter of intent? -or worse, responded with a generic,"it was nice to meet you too, good luck in the match."

Did anyone else get a message/phone call from Dr. Kulig at Baystate?

With the programs' rank lists being due this week, I'm thinking now until Wednesday would be the time we'd be receiving emails/phone calls for last minute sales pitches. Keeping my fingers crossed....

Hopkins - email PD
Jefferson - email PD
Loyola - letter PD
Maryland - letter chair
MUSC - email PD
Northwestern- letter
Ochsner - letter chair
Rush - email PD
Tufts - letter PD
UAB- email PD
U Chicago
UI
UPMC - call PD
UVA - letter chair
Yale

Seems like post interview contact is somewhat lower this year compared to prior years. Has anyone heard anything this week?

Seems like post interview contact is somewhat lower this year compared to prior years. Has anyone heard anything this week?

Got a bunch of phone calls/emails the past few days from some solid programs. Some were "you're a cool person" with no other details (UPMC, Columbia, UCSF) and others were "you're ranked to match, if you want to come, you can." Forgive me if I don't want to say exactly where. Not putting too much weight on it, but it's nice to hear.

did anybody else hear from UPMC? Wondering how many people the contact went out to...I didn't get it

Got a bunch of phone calls/emails the past few days from some solid programs. Some were "you're a cool person" with no other details (UPMC, Columbia, UCSF) and others were "you're ranked to match, if you want to come, you can." Forgive me if I don't want to say exactly where. Not putting too much weight on it, but it's nice to hear.

also curious if anybody has heard from WUSTL or UW recently?

Anyone else get UCSF love besides its1louder?

The personalized responses I've gotten have been a phone call from Louisville, letters (sent via email--some were handwritten and scanned) from 3 of my interviewers (including the PD) from Knoxville, and an email from the PD at MUSC. The only one this week was MUSC.

Anyone heard anything from Mayo at Jacksonville? That's one I'd really like to hear from.

The personalized responses I've gotten have been a phone call from Louisville, letters (sent via email--some were handwritten and scanned) from 3 of my interviewers (including the PD) from Knoxville, and an email from the PD at MUSC. The only one this week was MUSC.

Anyone heard anything from Mayo at Jacksonville? That's one I'd really like to hear from.

Just wondering, did you get any letters from Louisville in addition to the phone call? Thanks

Just curious if anyone has heard from Brigham, Beth Israel, or MGH since interview season ended (other than the Brigham post-interview 'rank you accordingly' letter and the MGH 'thank you' postcard). Based on posts from previous years, it looks like BWH and MGH have called people in the past...

I feel like I recall the PD @ BIDMC saying that they 'respect the match' and wouldn't contact anyone, but you never know - they also said they wouldn't extend interviews until November 1st and numerous people started hearing back in Mid-October! :p

Has anyone heard anything from Stanford?

Has anyone heard anything from Stanford?

chairman wrote me a pretty nice/personalized email following my interview and couple weeks later got a call from the PD saying that he likes to "give our favorite applicants a phone call" and also to tell me the categorical spots were now 8. like i said before, dont know how much stock to put in these overtures

Baystate--Chair letter, Assist PD phone call
Buffalo--PD letter (eerily specific)
Hopkins - email PD
Jefferson - email PD
Loyola - letter PD
Maryland - letter chair
MUSC - email PD
Northwestern- letter
Ochsner - letter chair
Rush - email PD
Tufts - letter PD
UAB- email PD
U Chicago
UI
UPMC - call PD
UVA - letter chair
Yale

Did anyone hear anything from Mayo-rochester before the deadline?