2012 UTMB and TWU Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aggieOT

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I wanted to start a thread for those applying to TWU (Dallas or Houston) and UTMB in Galveston. Has anyone heard anything back from those two schools? I got an interview at UTMB for sure and am waiting for TWU (Dallas). I understand they will start sending emails after Oct 15th

Members don't see this ad.

Hi aggieOT,

I have applied to both UTMB and TWU as well. When did you hear from UTMB for interview? Was the invitation sent via email? I have had trouble getting all of my documents in on time for the early acceptance, one of my recommenders tried several times to submit the online recommendation but had trouble with the link. I have been going back and forth with enrollment services for about 3 weeks now and feel my chances to be considered for early acceptance are slim at this point =/ Please do let me know when you hear from TWU.

Hi aggieOT,

I have applied to both UTMB and TWU as well. When did you hear from UTMB for interview? Was the invitation sent via email? I have had trouble getting all of my documents in on time for the early acceptance, one of my recommenders tried several times to submit the online recommendation but had trouble with the link. I have been going back and forth with enrollment services for about 3 weeks now and feel my chances to be considered for early acceptance are slim at this point =/ Please do let me know when you hear from TWU.

I got an email from UTMB on Oct 5th. In the Email it said that there knew people were having problems with the recommendation emails and stuff, but it would not hurt them right now, as long as it all was submitted by the time of the interview. I also had to call and make sure the emails got to my OTs who were writing my recommendations. They had 3 possible interview dates to pick from, one the end of Oct, one in Nov and one in Dec.

I read that last year, TWU send out letters of interview invites around Nove 5th or so.

Good Luck

Members don't see this ad :)
I got an email from UTMB on Oct 5th. In the Email it said that there knew people were having problems with the recommendation emails and stuff, but it would not hurt them right now, as long as it all was submitted by the time of the interview. I also had to call and make sure the emails got to my OTs who were writing my recommendations. They had 3 possible interview dates to pick from, one the end of Oct, one in Nov and one in Dec.

I read that last year, TWU send out letters of interview invites around Nove 5th or so.

Good Luck

Thanks so much for the info, good luck to you too!!

I applied to TWU for fall 2012 as well. TWU is the only school that I applied to since I live in Dallas. So I am a little nervous that I don't have any back up schools. Good luck to everyone. You never know maybe we will be meeting each other soon.

I also applied for TWU fall 2012. I missed the deadline for early consideration for UTMB but I'm going to go ahead and submit my application anyway. I'm also applying for UNM and ASH. Good luck to everyone.

I applied to TWU in Dallas as well. I believe invites go out in November.

Did you get an email, a phone call or an actual letter about the UTMB interviews? I know they began sending out invites October 15th. I had all of my stuff in early..and good grades...so I was just wondering about my odds.

UTMB sent the interview invitations via email. They also said that an applicant will not be penalized if letters are not in at the time of the interview but they must have them by December to be considered for early acceptance.

Wondering if anyone applied early decision TWU MOT from the east coast???
Are residents of Texas given preference over students applying from other states?

I'm currently in my first year at TWU Houston, so if anyone has any specific questions feel free to ask. I don't check in here too often so I'll apologize now if it takes me a while to respond.

Hey,
do you know when in November you are notified about interview decision??

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm currently in my first year at TWU Houston, so if anyone has any specific questions feel free to ask. I don't check in here too often so I'll apologize now if it takes me a while to respond.

Hi! I applied to TWU Houston campus. It is the only school I applied to. I am crossing my fingers that I get invited for an interview. Assuming I do, can you explain what the writing sample is like. Can you offer any tips for a successful interview? Thanks!

Just got an invite from texas tech. Was not expecting that until after the first of the year. Interview Nov 19th. does anyone have any info on what they do for interviews? Email says only lasts 2.5 hours.

Hello, I also applied to TWU for Fall 2012. I was hoping the interview letter/email would come out this week but it looks like more towards thanksgiving. I applied for the Houston campus. I know their cut off interview GPA last year was 3.5 for last 60 and 3.0 for pre-reqs. I only was able to do 40 observation hours. Many sites were not allowing students to observe. I don't think observation weighs over GPA and interview anyway and nor should it.

I stand corrected. After looking at the previous years post, it looks like people started getting invite letters/emails on NOV 1st. So I hope to hear something soon.

Just got an invite from texas tech. Was not expecting that until after the first of the year. Interview Nov 19th. does anyone have any info on what they do for interviews? Email says only lasts 2.5 hours.

When did you submit your application? Also, if you don't mind, what are your stats?

I stand corrected. After looking at the previous years post, it looks like people started getting invite letters/emails on NOV 1st. So I hope to hear something soon.

I applied last year for the Houston campus, we won't hear back about interview until Thanksgiving time, that week. The interviews are the first couple of weeks in Dec. We should know by the end of February. Good Luck.

I too applied for TWU MOT 2012. I have not heard from them. Have you?

I applied last year for the Houston campus, we won't hear back about interview until Thanksgiving time, that week. The interviews are the first couple of weeks in Dec. We should know by the end of February. Good Luck.

Good to know. Thanks. Waiting is the worst! lol I wonder why Dallas invites are sent out first.

Last edited:
Waiting on my invite, did you get your email from houston or dallas campus??

Ugh :( not me... do you think they sent them all at the same time? Now I'm bummed!!

They may stagger them, I do not know. What are your stats? I think the cutoff for interviews is a 3.5 Prereq GPA, but I am not certain. Don't fret yet, it may be just the first round - it seems early, last year we didn't get them until closer to Thanksgiving. I applied super early this year, that may be why. :luck:

They may stagger them, I do not know. What are your stats? I think the cutoff for interviews is a 3.5 Prereq GPA, but I am not certain. Don't fret yet, it may be just the first round - it seems early, last year we didn't get them until closer to Thanksgiving. I applied super early this year, that may be why. :luck:

Ok, Thanks. I'm super worried!! My stats were all fine. I assume this is your 2nd year applying?? This is my 2nd year as well, 1st time to TWU though. GL at your interview!

I just received my interview invitation for TWU Dallas! It is for December 2nd. I spoke with Luci yesterday, and she did state that the first rounds are going out, so don't fret yet if you haven't received one (I cannot comment on Houston).

Good luck! :xf:

I just received my interview invitation for TWU Dallas! It is for December 2nd. I spoke with Luci yesterday, and she did state that the first rounds are going out, so don't fret yet if you haven't received one (I cannot comment on Houston).

Thanks, Im totally bummed right now, but I did apply really late. I have been corresponding with a lady from the houston campus and she said that my application is being considered and she was reveiwing it as of last Friday. So maybe ill just get invited later?? Ugh, I am so worried :scared:

I am so excited! I received my interview offer for the Houston campus today. The interview is also scheduled for Dec 2.

Thanks, Im totally bummed right now, but I did apply really late. I have been corresponding with a lady from the houston campus and she said that my application is being considered and she was reveiwing it as of last Friday. So maybe ill just get invited later?? Ugh, I am so worried :scared:

When did you get your application in? Mine was in around the first week of July. I didn't get an invite email yet either. From what I know, it shouldn't matter anyway. October 15th was the deadline and it is not a rolling admission. So as long as you got the application in by Oct 15th, I wouldn't worry about it. The only thing I have worried about are things like GPA miscalculation, etc. I think my stats are OK. I wish they were a bit better though, especially the "last 60".

Pre-req 3.85
Last 60 3.73

Last edited:

I don't really know about the Houston campus. Are they rolling admissions? Don't get discouraged and don't worry too much yet; they are on their first rounds! This was my 2nd time to apply...

I am really not sure how they make their selections for interviews. I do know GPA is important, but if they have to select between applicants, maybe they are looking at other factors like our recommendation letters or personal statement. My understanding is that if there are applicants that cannot make the interview or decide against accepting the interview, they will invite alternate applicants. We are supposed to RSVP by Nov 17. I hope this helps. Good luck.

Hi, I just talk to TWU, Houston, and they have received the first list of recommendations from Denton, and I am assuming those are the individuals who have received an invite. They are waiting on one more list of recommendations but from what the secretary told me the second list will contain 25 more applicants. I have yet to receive one and I feel like I am going to BARF!

My stats:
3.45 Undergrad
3.75 Pre-req
60+ hours observation
100+ observation hours PT (I dont know if this matters)
3 letters of recommendation
Do I have a shot?

Hi, I just talk to TWU, Houston, and they have received the first list of recommendations from Denton, and I am assuming those are the individuals who have received an invite. They are waiting on one more list of recommendations but from what the secretary told me the second list will contain 25 more applicants. I have yet to receive one and I feel like I am going to BARF!

My stats:
3.45 Undergrad
3.75 Pre-req
60+ hours observation
100+ observation hours PT (I dont know if this matters)
3 letters of recommendation
Do I have a shot?

Your stats look good. They use the "last 60 GPA" and not the entire undergrad GPA though. Have you calculated your last 60 undergrad? Your observation looks good too, but like I mentioned before I'm not sure how heavily this weighs; if anything. 25 more doesn't sound like a lot but I know they only interview around 60 and then 42 make it in. Something like that. I wonder how many invites they have already sent out?

Taylor, what were you stats?

Yes, I agree. I just spoke with a lady at the MOT Dallas campus and I was told that emails for the Dallas campus will be send out by the end of next week. So, I guess that means the remainder of the emails....?

I applied 4 places: Tech, where I have an interview Nov 17, UTMB where I have finished my interview, TWU Dallas and UTHSC SA. I found out late that I needed one additional Humanities class for UTHSC. They require 2 I guess, vs the others. So, I do not think I will get an interview there. So, I am holding my breath for that TWU email. Actually on paper I would be more competitive at TWU as they base the GPA on last 60 (mine is like 3.9) so I hope I get my e-mail next week as they really are my #1 choice!

If anyone happens to get one of the second round emails from TWU Houston let us know! I heard they may be sending out more invites!