2013-2014 Baylor College of Medicine Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Complete: 7/21
Interview Invite: 8/07

Members don't see this ad.

It could mean that they just haven't decided to interview us yet, but it may mean we were rejected.

I am not too bummed out even if I did. It was a reach school anyway.

II! OOS and complete on 7/25

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
AMCAS is absolutely ridiculous....my application has been waiting to get verified for over a month and a half now.

Judging by the dates of the IIs this might be blowing my shot at BCM since my stats were barely enough to squeak me in.

I'll keep praying though...miracles do happen.

How long did it take you guys from completion to is being reviewed back to has been reviewed? I'm obsessively checking my status everyday... lol

How long did it take you guys from completion to is being reviewed back to has been reviewed? I'm obsessively checking my status everyday... lol

completed day 1
is being reviewed day 3
has been reviewed day 5
is being reviewed day 8.

My status went from "is being reviewed" on August 6th to "has been reviewed" today. I'm basically typing this with my crossed fingers :)

Don't hold your breath, I've been on has being reviewed for 5 days now.
It's OK, as long as I get an interview :) No rush: because of my job, I have to space my interviews anyway.

Hmm. I switched to "is being reviewed" today and then went to this link http://www.bcm.edu/admissions/invitation/index.cfm and logged in and like others it had a day listed as my interview day. Waiting to confirm until I get something official though.

what day did you get?

Mine switched from that screen with the date to
"You are not in a valid status for this application."

Anybody else get that?

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
For those of you who got an invite, could you share your stats? And how long AMCAS took to process you application?

what day did you get?

Mine switched from that screen with the date to
"You are not in a valid status for this application."

Anybody else get that?
Same thing happened to me today. I just checked and the interview confirmation page changed from a 9/13 interview to that message.

Does anyone know what this means?

Sounds like maybe you guys got punked. Has anybody who had an interview confirmation on that page actually gotten an interview in their email yet?

Same thing happened to me today. I just checked and the interview confirmation page changed from a 9/13 interview to that message.

Does anyone know what this means?

Sounds like maybe you guys got punked. Has anybody who had an interview confirmation on that page actually gotten an interview in their email yet?

My status still 'is being reviewed'.

I think they figured out that students were accessing that website and probably closed it down for people until they get the official interview invite.

II just now! I had been able to access the 'interview confirmation' page since Friday with the date scheduled, and the date I was given is the same as the one I originally saw

Also just got a II, was the same date as I was able to see on the interview confirmation page beforehand!

Also just got a II, was the same date as I was able to see on the interview confirmation page beforehand!
What dates are y'all's interviews? (PM me if you're uncomfortable posting.) thnx

Interview Invite. I was able to access the page with the date for about a week and just got the email.

II just now! I had been able to access the 'interview confirmation' page since Friday with the date scheduled, and the date I was given is the same as the one I originally saw

Interview Invite. I was able to access the page with the date for about a week and just got the email.

I guess that throws my theory out the window.

Just submitted my secondary today! :)

Good luck to everyone applying!

Can someone post the questions from the secondary?

Thanks

Can someone post the questions from the secondary?

Thanks
Special Experiences
Indicate any special experiences, unusual factors or other information you feel would be helpful in evaluating you, including, but not limited to, education, employment, extracurricular activities, prevailing over adversity. You may expand upon but not repeat AMCAS application information. 2000 character limit.

Hey guys, OOS II for 9/13, (3.9/ 39). I was wondering how those of you invited to interview were sending in your photo (if at all since it is optional). It said to email a 2"x2 and 1/2" photo. Just put it on a word document so that if it were printed it would be those dimensions? Guess I'm not that tech savy. Thanks

Hey guys, OOS II for 9/13, (3.9/ 39). I was wondering how those of you invited to interview were sending in your photo (if at all since it is optional). It said to email a 2"x2 and 1/2" photo. Just put it on a word document so that if it were printed it would be those dimensions? Guess I'm not that tech savy. Thanks

I just resized my pic in Photoshop.

If photoshop is too expensive for anyone, I highly recommend GIMP. It's a free online tool that's just as good.
In fact, there are quite a few free resize tools on the Internet - just google it.

If photoshop is too expensive for anyone, I highly recommend GIMP. It's a free online tool that's just as good.

Yep, I used that for a while back in the day (Like 2005, I'm old. :laugh:). It gets the job done just fine!

Also, if you have access to your UG computer labs, they should have design suites.

For those who got the second "in review" phase, how long were you in the "has been reviewed" phase?

Yep, I used that for a while back in the day (Like 2005, I'm old. :laugh:). It gets the job done just fine!

Also, if you have access to your UG computer labs, they should have design suites.

Gimp is great, I still use it!

Has anyone that's received an II gotten the "Your app has been reviewed. We will let you know something as soon as we can" status?

Hey y'all!

As I see plenty of people fretting over the status changes just like I was last year, thought I'd throw in my two cents as a MS1 at BCM and just put myself out there if anyone has questions

Status Changes: Everyone has great theories on them, I can see the scientists in y'all finding patterns. But to be honest, I don't think they matter much. I think the only thing you can say with much certain is if you status changed, they did something with your app. It might have been opening it to review, it might have been someone moving files, who know?

Those without II yet: Please don't worry! They keep sending them out! If there is one thing I learned from my app cycle last year it was that you either learn a great deal of patience OR start pre-mature balding from worrying about it so much. The choice my still lusciously-locked friends, is yours

Otherwise, Very excited to see everyone on interview days and best of luck with the rest of the cycle! BCM is an amazing place full of amazing people at an amazingly low cost. I could not be more thrilled to be a student here.

PM with any questions!

Hey y'all!

As I see plenty of people fretting over the status changes just like I was last year, thought I'd throw in my two cents as a MS1 at BCM and just put myself out there if anyone has questions

Status Changes: Everyone has great theories on them, I can see the scientists in y'all finding patterns. But to be honest, I don't think they matter much. I think the only thing you can say with much certain is if you status changed, they did something with your app. It might have been opening it to review, it might have been someone moving files, who know?

Those without II yet: Please don't worry! They keep sending them out! If there is one thing I learned from my app cycle last year it was that you either learn a great deal of patience OR start pre-mature balding from worrying about it so much. The choice my still lusciously-locked friends, is yours

Otherwise, Very excited to see everyone on interview days and best of luck with the rest of the cycle! BCM is an amazing place full of amazing people at an amazingly low cost. I could not be more thrilled to be a student here.

PM with any questions!

Thanks for the input. I am OOS waiting for an invite. BCM is one of my top choices and would love the opportunity to interview!

I just switched to "has been reviewed" today. I've been trying to login to the website since before I was being reviewed and it has always said "there was a problem retrieving your record", and it's still saying that. Anyone get that same message?

I just switched to "has been reviewed" today. I've been trying to login to the website since before I was being reviewed and it has always said "there was a problem retrieving your record", and it's still saying that. Anyone get that same message?

Likely means no II right now.... I've had the same status.

Ah ok. Well hopefully mine's goes back to the "is being reviewed" status next week. Keep hope alive lol

I checked my status today and it changed from "has been reviewed" to "is being reviewed."

So I checked the link to interview confirmation like other people did (earlier in the thread) and it had me registered for an interview on September 27th.

I went ahead and confirmed and got a confirmation email. But I never got an email for the intial invite.

It might be a mistake because my stats are low for this school (3.57 gpa/ 35 MCAT). But you never know! I might get lucky.