2013-2014 Boston University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
This is not true . I have a friend who got off of waitlist late July last year and is now MS1 at BU.
Maybe my memory is failing me, but I am sure that he said something like this as well as that they're seeing an increasing percentage of people accepting their offers. He also said that because of these circumstances, they're trying to cut down the number of acceptances to make sure they are not overfilling their class again this year. He said that they were doing better for last year compared to 2/3 years ago. Maybe that's why they accepted your friend off WL last year?
Maybe someone who had the same interview day (in Feb) can confirm this. I am quite sure that he said these things because I was really worried that the acceptance rate is going to drop this year.
On a brighter note, if they indeed cut down the number of acceptances this year, people on the WL (including myself) may stand a better chance.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Maybe my memory is failing me, but I am sure that he said something like this as well as that they're seeing an increasing percentage of people accepting their offers. He also said that because of these circumstances, they're trying to cut down the number of acceptances to make sure they are not overfilling their class again this year. He said that they were doing better for last year compared to 2/3 years ago. Maybe that's why they accepted your friend off WL last year?
Maybe someone who had the same interview day (in Feb) can confirm this. I am quite sure that he said these things because I was really worried that the acceptance rate is going to drop this year.
On a brighter note, if they indeed cut down the number of acceptances this year, people on the WL (including myself) may stand a better chance.

I also remember this being said

Rejected:( Well that's all folks, my application season is officially over. Now I can look for somewhere to live next year. Good luck to everyone else ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
+6... Wow this is depressing. I have gotten WL at every oos school I've interviewed at. +pity+

This seems like a very "small" group of WL ..... /s

Reactions: 5 users
Kind of confused. Rejected today, October interview, 3.6/40, sent an update letter reiterating my interest. Guess I'm changing my zip code

Kind of confused. Rejected today, October interview, 3.6/40, sent an update letter reiterating my interest. Guess I'm changing my zip code
Same deal. But, "C'est La vie." Im as confused as you are, but i'm at peace and overjoyed with where I'll end up. Best of luck to ya :)

Same deal. But, "C'est La vie." Im as confused as you are, but i'm at peace and overjoyed with where I'll end up. Best of luck to ya :)

Thank you. Truth is, I am accepted to a great school and it would've been a tough choice between it and BU. still would have loved to have to make that choice!

Thank you. Truth is, I am accepted to a great school and it would've been a tough choice between it and BU. still would have loved to have to make that choice!
Right there with you again! But hey, everything works for our good in the end and we ultimately end up exactly where we were meant to be. Let's make the best of it!

Peace :)

Members don't see this ad :)
WL.... It just doesn't make any sense to stay on this list and hope for an acceptance when I could be looking for places to live elsewhere. It's all a big game to this school.

waitlisted. Kinda bummed, but I'm holding other acceptances so I'm not going to sit on the waitlist. Good luck to all you guys!

Has anyone received a fiancial aid award? I read through the past two years' BU threads and the earliest mention was in late April.

Has anyone received a fiancial aid award? I read through the past two years' BU threads and the earliest mention was in late April.

It will be sometime after April 15 if I remember correctly.

Is anyone able to find the place to RSVP for accepted students day in their myapplication? Also I think we're allowed to bring guests- anyone planning on bringing parents?

Is anyone able to find the place to RSVP for accepted students day in their myapplication? Also I think we're allowed to bring guests- anyone planning on bringing parents?

I don't think that they have asked for RSVPs yet as they haven't given out any information about Second Look other than the date.

I'll be bringing my parents, because they're really interested in seeing the campus.

They sent an email out to RSVP saying it would be on MyApplication under action items but I've yet to see it :/

I'll also be bringing a parent interested in seeing the campus.

Ah, my mistake. I just saw that email. I don't have the Alert Box either.

Hi all, I just withdrew my acceptance! I hope that this means movement for someone soon! Good luck all!

I believe we should be getting financial aid letters soon according to the 2012-2013 thread. Probably sometime next week?

FYI for those waiting on financial aid, I live in Connecticut and got it via snail mail yesterday. Miniscule scholarship and a bunch of loans. Guess I am not going here :(

I live in NYC and got my aid letter yesterday via snail mail as well. Excited to say I will be matriculating here!

Do we have to do anything to accept our aid packages? The letter didn't really specify...

Do we have to do anything to accept our aid packages? The letter didn't really specify...
Bumppppppppppp

Do we need to call the financial aid office to accept our aid?

Posted using SDN Mobile

Withdrew my acceptance. GL all.

Reactions: 1 user
Withdrew last night. Tough choice... Hoping it goes to one of y'all still waiting!

Reactions: 1 users
Silence ... expected. lol

I assume the first offer will probably go out next week... hopefully there will be a lot of offers this year. :xf:

Reactions: 3 users
Silence ... expected. lol

I assume the first offer will probably go out next week... hopefully there will be a lot of offers this year. :xf:

Rooting for you Joonage. :)

Reactions: 2 users
How many SDNers still waiting on BU? Any one know if they are over-filled again this year?

Looking at last years thread, looks like waitlist began to move the last week of May. I hope we get some good news. My guess is the AdCom is meeting this week to make some sort of rank list out of the remaining waitlistees and then will begin contacting us next week. Goodluck!

The waitlist must be massive for only very few spots.

For those interested, I called BU yesterday and they said that there's still no movement on the waitlist. Lets keep hoping that someone drops. Good luck to everyone still waiting :)

For those interested, I called BU yesterday and they said that there's still no movement on the waitlist. Lets keep hoping that someone drops. Good luck to everyone still waiting :)
:( ... Not many people must have dropped this year ...

If I don't hear back from here this week, I'm reapplying. This place is my last hope.

Official email from BU that class is fully subscribed. :/

I feel chances aren't great this year ............. :(

Official email from BU that class is fully subscribed. :/

I feel chances aren't great this year ............. :(

Yeah, though my heart skipped a beat for a second when I saw BUSM in my inbox. It is the first time I've gotten an email from a school in a few months now.

Reactions: 1 user