2013-2014 Boston University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did everyone's invite come around the same time?

Members don't see this ad.

complete on 7/6 and I wrote an optional essay. good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad :)
7/16 complete. 4.0/37 stats. Wrote optional essay. II today. Scheduled interview for mid-October. Good luck everyone.

Going to be there October 1-3! First time visiting Boston in forever.
Good Luck everyone :)

Does anyone have any data on # of interviews/# of acceptances? I see matriculated on MSAR.. but that only allows for an estimate of acceptances.

It seems like they're doing big GPA invites. Also seems like it all went out at the same time.
you have a fairly small sample size to make such a claim?

II here as well w/ 35 super scored MCAT and 3.9+ GPA

edit: complete 7/15 and wrote optional essay

Last edited:
Does anyone have any data on # of interviews/# of acceptances? I see matriculated on MSAR.. but that only allows for an estimate of acceptances.

i think its like 12% get ii, and of those about 40% get acceptances

you have a fairly small sample size to make such a claim?

II here as well w/ 35 super scored MCAT and 3.9+ GPA

Hah I agree on the small size, I apologize if that was seen as inappropriate. Congrats on the II

Congratulations everyone! Good luck on the interview!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
The hotel a block away is in such high demand that they refuse to allow reservations unless its for 3 nights :( Best Western, here I come.
And don't give up hope! I was a 3.7, not a 3.9+ :)

Last edited:
When I visited Rice, Best Western was actually pretty close to Baylor/Rice. I don't think you need to worry (although Houston August is kinda hot, and walking from Best Western to Baylor might make you sweat)

When I visited Rice, Best Western was actually pretty close to Baylor/Rice. I don't think you need to worry (although Houston August is kinda hot, and walking from Best Western to Baylor might make you sweat)

Wrong school :p Boston =/= Baylor?

II this morning! First one too!

Complete 7/12. Also 3.68/3.60/34 so they're looking at more than GPA heavy hitters right now so have hope! :)

II this morning! First one too!

Complete 7/12. Also 3.68/3.60/34 so they're looking at more than GPA heavy hitters right now so have hope! :)

This gives me hope! I have almost identical stats as you but I was complete 7/25 so ill patiently wait my turn :)

It seems like they're doing big GPA invites. Also seems like it all went out at the same time.

Like others said, probably not. I'm a non-trad reapplicant and my GPA is not stellar. They're definitely looking at the whole package.

Last edited:
Interview invitation! OOS, stats on MDApps. Good luck to everyone!

II today! First one. Scheduled for 10/16. Complete 7/17.

IS 3.89/4.0/36 reapplicant/non-trad

Last edited:
Congrats! When were you all complete?

Complete: 7/17
Interview Invite: 8/09

Interview Invite 8/9/13
No supplemental essay

II complete 7/19
3.62 GPA
40 MCAT

Can we send updates in the section of the secondary for additional information?

My complete date has been passed :( should I be concerned?!

Me too :/

Isn't it possible they just invite high stat people first? I don't think it's as simple as just chronological order. At least I hope not (complete here 7/18)

Isn't it possible they just invite high stat people first? I don't think it's as simple as just chronological order. At least I hope not (complete here 7/18)

I'm hoping that for all of my schools right now haha. With my stats, I never expected to be the first to get an interview. I went to a forum of admissions committee members from a bunch of schools once and they said they usually organize applications into "piles" based on stats and go through them one at a time offering interviews. So high stats get the first ones and then low stats that they still think offer something would get the last ones. That's why at a lot of schools high stat people who have only been complete for a day get an interview, they get sorted into the "invite right away" pile. Obviously that's not going to be true for all schools, but it seems popular.

I hope so. Thou with my 3.8/34, it seems like many people with those stats are receiving IIs. I completed before 7/10 but I am a reapplicant, so many they take a longer time to evaluate reapps? I really want an II here!

I was complete on 7/10 and haven't heard back yet either :(

Stats 3.76/32

It happens guys. Some may be returned to throughout the cycle, some may not. The interview rate at most private schools is at or below 15%. A lot more people are not getting interviewed at BU than those that are. Hopefully, if you have a good app, you will make it into that 15% at some schools. A lot of you guys seem to have that, so hopefully you'll do well. I know this doesn't help a ton, but it's a perspective I've come to find important.

Has anyone with below a 31 MCAT received an II?

Hey guys, I interviewed here last year and was ultimately accepted. I wrote about the experience here, if anyone is interested. Good luck to you all!

Thank you! I just made reservations at the Best Western so this was very helpful! :)

Glad to be of service! Best Western was a good place to stay for that interview.