2013-2014 Drexel University College of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For those working on or have completed the secondary, i have a quick question about the letters of rec section.

I have submitted more than 3 letters of rec through the AMCAS Service. On my "drexel" secondary app status home page It indicates that all of my letters have been received, However when i proceed to fill out the secondary, there are only 3 possible slots for choosing the names of your letter writers.

Does this mean they will only review a maximum of 3 individual letters of recommendation?

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Still haven't received a secondary :(

+1

they've sent out secondaries to those who were verifed up until 7/18 i think according to comments

im a 7/26 myself, so hopefully the next batch for me
oh well at least everyone is equally behind on this secondary

+1

they've sent out secondaries to those who were verifed up until 7/18 i think according to comments

I was verified 06/10 :/

Is anyone complete here? I am very confused as to how we go about checking our status on this secondary.

Is anyone complete here? I am very confused as to how we go about checking our status on this secondary.

I am currently complete. I also got waitlisted here last year. Their status check is really weird. You login then click status up at the top. Then it opens a new tab. You'll have to hit status again and that's where you'll see it. Right now mine says there is no information to display (prob cuz they haven't marked me as complete but it's all submitted).

I am currently complete. I also got waitlisted here last year. Their status check is really weird. You login then click status up at the top. Then it opens a new tab. You'll have to hit status again and that's where you'll see it. Right now mine says there is no information to display (prob cuz they haven't marked me as complete but it's all submitted).

Ok great. Yeah mine says that I am verified and that there is no information to display. I'm assuming our statuses will change soon to under review or whatever.

Members don't see this ad :)
+1

Negative - verified before that and have not received anything.

they seem to be very inconsistent
oh well, lets hope for monday

I submitted my secondary and after looking back on my submission, it asks on one part to fill in each academic institution that you attended in chronological order, starting with the most recent.

I started with the earliest, and ended with the most recent. Sigh #problemswith20+secondaryapplications

Last edited:
Just got a secondary, verified 7/13

Verified 7/22, received secondary.

Didn't have my secondary when ^ these last 4 posted, but I got it about 5 minutes ago and I am about to work on it. No essays guy! Quick submit!

Finally received it. Kind of weird how they have the forum you use to submit your secondary, then they have another login page to actually view it.

Didn't have my secondary when ^ these last 4 posted, but I got it about 5 minutes ago and I am about to work on it. No essays guy! Quick submit!

well in that case.. maybe me posting here will get them to send my secondary already?

worth the shot..

just submitted, kinda of a weird app, the status page reminds me of jeffersons, so i assume you have to wait a day for the status to be complete? bc i paid and im still marked as incomplete.

thoughts? happy to have finally received this one.

just submitted, kinda of a weird app, the status page reminds me of jeffersons, so i assume you have to wait a day for the status to be complete? bc i paid and im still marked as incomplete.

Received and submitted the secondary today too. I'm still marked as incomplete as well, assuming it will update tomorrow when the office is open.

Just submitted today too. Kinda bugged out a bit because I only have health related WORK experience that I get paid for, not volunteering. So that whole section was blank. Woops. Plenty of other volunteering though.

Just submitted today too. Kinda bugged out a bit because I only have health related WORK experience that I get paid for, not volunteering. So that whole section was blank. Woops. Plenty of other volunteering though.

Did anyone put research under this category? I volunteer in a stem cell lab that is characterizing novel therapies for the treatment of metabolic syndrome; 10 hours a week for a year, not insignificant, but it's unpaid.

Did anyone put research under this category? I volunteer in a stem cell lab that is characterizing novel therapies for the treatment of metabolic syndrome; 10 hours a week for a year, not insignificant, but it's unpaid.

i put my research down, i didnt get paid for it, so its kinda volunteering.

still no secondary for me
last one

at this point im so meh about it
when i get it ill submit it
and thatll be that

Secondary finally received, but with a few interviews at peer institutions I'm more inclined to not submit. Drexel dropping the ball - they'd have gotten my application fee if they didn't send a secondary 3-4 weeks after all the other schools on my list did.

Received and submitted my secondary yesterday. For those who have emailed the school, which email address have you used? I need to send an update regarding clinical contacts... Thanks!

Secondary finally received, but with a few interviews at peer institutions I'm more inclined to not submit. Drexel dropping the ball - they'd have gotten my application fee if they didn't send a secondary 3-4 weeks after all the other schools on my list did.

__HighHorse.jpg

I'll be announcing my intentions to stop performing and pursue a medical career shortly..

yall jealous of my ECs?

:laugh:

If you do that, the medical schools will call you....maybe

Reactions: 1 user
Sorry to break up the Call Me Maybe fun but how are we supposed to know if we are complete? It states that everything is marked as received (Lors, application fee, etc...) but nowhere on the secondary does it state "complete." Anyone know what the deal is?

Sorry to break up the Call Me Maybe fun but how are we supposed to know if we are complete? It states that everything is marked as received (Lors, application fee, etc...) but nowhere on the secondary does it state "complete." Anyone know what the deal is?

After the second login screen it says application status. It should say complete. At the bottom of the same list it will say when they received your application fee, recommendations, and supplemental application. If you see your "decision" you've gone too far.

for those submitted, has anyone been marked complete?

I'm not yet - I got the secondary on the 8th and submitted it early on the 9th, though, so they probably just haven't updated my status on the official "View Status/ Decision" page yet, because on the intial login page it says they have everything.

I also got waitlisted here last year.

If you don't mind my asking, what were your stats like/ when were you complete last year? Thanks!

After the second login screen it says application status. It should say complete. At the bottom of the same list it will say when they received your application fee, recommendations, and supplemental application. If you see your "decision" you've gone too far.

Great I found it. Thanks for the prompt response!