2013-2014 Drexel University College of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
It does :) got my fee waived

Thanks! Did you have to email them or anything? Got my secondary yesterday and under application fee it says not submitted online. Do I just ignore that?

Members don't see this ad.

Thanks! Did you have to email them or anything? Got my secondary yesterday and under application fee it says not submitted online. Do I just ignore that?

Also got my sec yesterday and submitted the same day.

I didn't have to call-- but I believe that fee status should change when you finalize/submit. Under application fee, my status now says "you received a fee waiver from AMCAS"

But make sure you do click on the "amcas fee waiver" towards the bottom where it asks you for the form of payment

Also got my sec yesterday and submitted the same day.

I didn't have to call-- but I believe that fee status should change when you finalize/submit. Under application fee, my status now says "you received a fee waiver from AMCAS"

But make sure you do click on the "amcas fee waiver" towards the bottom where it asks you for the form of payment

Thank you! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone have any status updates? I hate this waiting -.-

Just got a complete email from
Drexel. I submitted a few weeks ago and assumed I was complete. I saw the email header and my heart jumped thinking it was an II.

Drexel. I submitted a few weeks ago and assumed I was complete. I saw the email header and my heart jumped thinking it was an II.

+1 Hahaha....The waiting game continues. :)

hahaahahha me too!! well at least we are complete?
It looks like last year the II's went out pretty fast for some people after receiving the "heart attack" email. It also looks like one either gets an invite or put on hold for rereview...so here's to hoping for some good luck in the next week or so!

Members don't see this ad :)
It looks like last year the II's went out pretty fast for some people after receiving the "heart attack" email. It also looks like one either gets an invite or put on hold for rereview...so here's to hoping for some good luck in the next week or so!

Yea why in the world did they send the heart-attack email to tell me I was complete like two weeks after I finished? That's just rude.

Yea why in the world did they send the heart-attack email to tell me I was complete like two weeks after I finished? That's just rude.

Because it means they've started reviewing them. IIs possibly this week.

First interview slot is September 16th.

He's a medical student, probably the school. So he knows when the first interview is.

HA oops my bad. I replied on my phone and it doesn't show whether someone is a medical student or premed. I assumed it was just a indirect way of saying "I got an II". Really specific info...I guess I wouldnt even have thought a med student there would have known that.

STILL no secondary. Argh. Anyone else not receive one after being verified early August?

They advertise for student interviewers. The interview is student interview followed by a faculty one.

I got the email too but just submitted this past weekend.

I submitted on Saturday, complete this morning.

Anyone know if this school allows you to substitute the non-science letter of recommendation with another science or employer letter?

i called about substituting and employer letter for the non-science letter and they said it was fine - just denote it on your secondary where it asks.

How is this school about merit aid? Not so sure about sending in the secondary but if they're known for giving people money I'd be a lot more inclined to submit.

Just got the complete email - secondary received and submitted on August 11th.

I was verified before July 1, added Drexel to my school list on 8/8, and received and submitted the secondary today.

I know, it's such a life saver! Too bad we are still poor... Lol

I am so jealous of those with FAP...I am struggling to keep up with rent due to all these fees. I wish I could apply to every school that I want to but money is just to much of an issue. I just paid my tuition so I am done sending secondaries until my next pay check...hopefully they will be patient!

submitted my secondary 8/12.. received a "complete" email today

Complete! The email was sent really late. Very impressed with the sheer dedication of the admissions office if this was not automated XD!

I am so jealous of those with FAP...I am struggling to keep up with rent due to all these fees. I wish I could apply to every school that I want to but money is just to much of an issue. I just paid my tuition so I am done sending secondaries until my next pay check...hopefully they will be patient!

I'm in the same boat. I wasn't eligible because my mom makes higher than the cutoff, even though I make far less and have been living independently for ten years. It's really frustrating that the program is tied to parents' salaries in addition to your own. My credit card debt is going through the roof with all these apps.

I'm in the same boat. I wasn't eligible because my mom makes higher than the cutoff, even though I make far less and have been living independently for ten years. It's really frustrating that the program is tied to parents' salaries in addition to your own. My credit card debt is going through the roof with all these apps.

I agree. I am *almost* completely independent from my parents except I am on their health insurance. Because of this I get no aid for school or my application. However, I am lucky enough to not have any credit card debt but I do have some school loans. The apps are way too expensive though. I hate that some schools make you pay just to open the secondary.

I submitted Tuesday night and received the complete email Wednesday afternoon. The speedy turnaround prevented the "OMG interview?!" reaction. I feel bad for those of you not getting the complete email until a few weeks later :laugh: that's just mean.

interview!!! 31, 3.86

+1 :)

no email, just checked my status page and it said to schedule my interview.

OOS, Lizzy M of 70-72. complete 8/20.

good luck to everyone applying!!

Last edited:
+1 :)

no email, just checked my status page and it said to schedule my interview.

OOS, Lizzy M of 70-72. complete 8/20.

good luck to everyone applying!!
Congrats! Where on the page does it say about the interview?

Congrats! Where on the page does it say about the interview?

After you click the link that says "view status/decision" and re-input your login info. The next page had a blue link that said schedule your interview.

After you click the link that says "view status/decision" and re-input your login info. The next page had a blue link that said schedule your interview.
Thanks! I was complete the same day as you... maybe I'll get some good news soon