2013-2014 Drexel University College of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thanks! I was complete the same day as you... maybe I'll get some good news soon

+1, would love to go to Drexel, very exciting curriculum :)

Members don't see this ad.

I never got a complete email and my status just simply says "no decision is available at this time"... but I have all the components marked as received.

Was I supposed to get an email? not sure where I can see if I was marked complete

I never got a complete email and my status just simply says "no decision is available at this time"... but I have all the components marked as received.

Was I supposed to get an email? not sure where I can see if I was marked complete
It took me a few days to get the complete email, even after they marked all my stuff as received. You should get the email and status change soon.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone who is verified not received a secondary yet?

My AMCAS was verified on 8/18 and I haven't received any email from Drexel yet.

I didn't receive the secondary until a month after I was verified.

I didn't receive the secondary until a month after I was verified.

Really? If I don't receive a secondary until mid-September that'll be really late to submit!
C'mon Drexel, hurry up!

I was verified 7/26, got the secondary 08/17

Really? If I don't receive a secondary until mid-September that'll be really late to submit!
C'mon Drexel, hurry up!

I think they usually do not give out secondaries until beginning of August. Least that was what I got from previous cycles. So many of the students who submitted their primary at the very beginning had to wait much longer. I think their turn around is much faster now that they are releasing secondaries.

I added Drexel around 8/8 and finally got the secondary about 2 weeks later. A few days before receiving the secondary, I called the admissions office and was told I would receive it 4 weeks after adding the school through Amcas... I'm glad it was faster than 4 weeks!

II this morning. Secondary completed Aug 12, Complete email last Monday

My status page says I have been invited for an interview, although they haven't sent me an e-mail yet.

I hope this isn't a glitch because Drexel is one of my top choices. **** yeah.

3.8/29, non-URM, IS. Secondary submitted 8/11.

Same! I just checked mine and saw that I got an II without receiving the II email. The website also says we can schedule our interviews without receiving the email, so hopefully it's not a glitch. I also scheduled for a date and got an interview confirmation email.

Check your statuses through the complete email link guys!

Members don't see this ad :)
My status page says I have been invited for an interview, although they haven't sent me an e-mail yet.

I hope this isn't a glitch because Drexel is one of my top choices. **** yeah.

3.8/29, non-URM, IS. Secondary submitted 8/11.

Wow, I have the same message. woot woot!

Checked my status and had an interview to schedule! 3.38/34 MCAT/URM, OOS

Ahhhhh you guys are making me so anxious! Received on the 8th, submitted early (like 1am) on the 9th, and also got the complete email on the 20th... though I'm a non-URM, OOS, with fairly average stats but great ECs/LoRs.

Last edited:
ahhhhh you guys are making me so anxious! Submitted on the 9th, also got the complete email on the 20th... Though i'm a non-urm, oos, with fairly average stats but great ecs/lors.

+1

Complete 8/20, Just checked now, and i can select and interview date! But no official email received yet.

Nothing here either... Maybe it'll change for me later today.

Has anyone gone from complete, to under review, to complete again or know what that would mean?

Does anyone know if the area that says "Requirements" on the Application Summary page (the page right before you see you are complete and under review) changes when they begin reviewing and see that you have their required materials? Mine has a received date, but no not or status

edit: sorry if that's confusing, but hopefully someone knows the section I'm talking about

Are those with no II still seeing "Your file is complete will be reviewed" on the status page?

So my status page has been changed to "No decision is currently available. Please continue checking this website for updates." Should I wait or is that the signal to send a LOI?

So my status page has been changed to "No decision is currently available. Please continue checking this website for updates." Should I wait or is that the signal to send a LOI?

my status has been that since the very beginning... so thats odd
what was yours before the status change?

I think that's just a complete message...

Before that my status was "Your application is complete and is ready for review" or something along those lines....or maybe i'm starting to trip after checking all the status websites everyday @@

Are there no secondary essays this year?

I logged into the system and the message goes:

Thank you for your application. Your file has been reviewed by a member of our Admissions Committee. While we have decided not invite you for an interview at this time, we would like to re-evaluate your application again in the spring should interview spots remain. We have many completed applications to review and wish to hold on a final decision on your application until later in the cycle. Again, thank you for your interest in Drexel College of Medicine.

...so, limboed. I take it as an euphonious way of rejection. Good luck to you all.

Sorry to hear that :( do you mind sharing stats?

Non-trad OOS. 3.47/32. Secondary completed on 8/20.
I know my stats are on the lower side and I have kind of anticipated rejections here and there.
It hurts, still.

oh god those are just like mine

woops sorry about the double post; don't really know my way around SDN too much

i was complete at 9 am on 8/20 as well but my status still says no decision has been made. Getting kind of concerned i have a 3.9/32 OOS anybody else in the same boat?

i was complete at 9 am on 8/20 as well but my status still says no decision has been made. Getting kind of concerned i have a 3.9/32 OOS anybody else in the same boat?

Exact same but with 31. I wouldn't be that worried considering some people have gotten holds. No news is good news I guess.