2013-2014 Jefferson Medical College of Thomas Jefferson University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
if it is a privacy thing they sure dont care about me, my ssn shows up

WTF?! Now Im paranoid that I forgot to enter it.......

Members don't see this ad.

Alright, so I'm having some serious issues with the secondary application web form.

I hit "submit" and for some reason I got some error that said "invalid character", please try to reenter your secondary...or something like that. (I DID NOT copy/paste my essays)

I log out and try to hit the "complete medical college secondary application" link and it says this! "Our records indicate that you have already submitted a secondary application to Jefferson Medical College. This denies you access to the Activation form. If this is a mistake, please notify JMC Admissions immediately."

When I go back to check "Display Secondary Application Status", it says that the secondary has not been received and my SSN says "none".

On the homepage, it says this under submitted application:
Pre-Fall 2014Medical CollegeNot enteredMEDICINE

Wtf!? Did anyone else have the same problems!?

I got the exact same error when I submitted. And the display showed the same thing too, no SSN and not received -___- emailed Jefferson, will call today to inquire

I got the exact same error when I submitted. And the display showed the same thing too, no SSN and not received -___- emailed Jefferson, will call today to inquire

i had the same error and everything, it all cleared up in a couple of days
just takes them time to process your secondary

so only start freaking out if you submitted a while ago and theres been no change

Members don't see this ad :)
For me, it lists the following: name, address, admission term, date created....

I would call them this morning if I were you.

Okay, thanks! Mine says the same thing. I thought summary of web application data showed everything you entered in the form, including essays and such, but I guess not. Maybe it was submitted anyway despite the error message. I'll wait a couple days and see if the "Jefferson Secondary Application Received?" status changes to Yes.

i had the same error and everything, it all cleared up in a couple of days
just takes them time to process your secondary

so only start freaking out if you submitted a while ago and theres been no change

Thanks jk1006! I guess I ll give them a couple days to sort it out.

Also I emailed their tech people with this email:
"I am getting this error after I submitted:

*ERROR* Invalid characters found. Please contact the site administrator or re-enter your information.

I can no longer go back and access the application however"

and got back this response:

"We are aware of the error, and it is not affecting the transmission of your application. Call the Admissions office to make sure they received the entire application."

hopefully that eases your worries some more

Also I emailed their tech people with this email:
"I am getting this error after I submitted:

*ERROR* Invalid characters found. Please contact the site administrator or re-enter your information.

I can no longer go back and access the application however"

and got back this response:

"We are aware of the error, and it is not affecting the transmission of your application. Call the Admissions office to make sure they received the entire application."

hopefully that eases your worries some more

Didn't need to call. Received an email saying that everything went through and that they are aware of the error

Awesome, thanks for checking!

Hey guys,

Is there an option to say "No" for the Have you previously applied question? I tried opening with internet explorer and firefox and don't see it. Same for the relatives question.

Also, can someone clarify where they wrote who they should be expecting letters from? Do we have to say why we weren't able to get letters from professors in particular fields like chemistry/physics or should we just say, "You can expect letters from two bio professors, a research adviser, and volunteer coordinator?"

thanks guys!

any help is appreciated

Thinking if I should send an in the area email here for mid-October. LM of around 70-74. Would it be worth it? And more importantly, does anyone know if JMC is or isn't receptive to such requests?

Still no secondary from these guys...do they screen? Should I email them?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hmmm...my stats are a 31 (10/11/10), and cGPA 3.88/sGPA 4.0. I want this secondary!

Thanks for the quick responses.

Received Secondary today.

OOS 3.87/29 MCAT, no ties, non-URM
AMCAS verified 6/27, but didn't have an MCAT score until 8/6.

Having the same technical issue as everyone else with the secondary submission.

I got an email from Jefferson after letting them know that I will be retaking the MCAT and they said:

Dear Applicant,

The Committee on Admissions at Jefferson Medical College would
like to see a score of at least "9" in each sub-test of the MCAT, and looks for a science gpa above 3.1

For additional information on the demographics of the class,
please visit our web-site @www.jefferson.edu/jmc.admissions

Thank you for your interest in Jefferson Medical College.

Office of Admissions
Jefferson Medical College

I got an email from Jefferson after letting them know that I will be retaking the MCAT and they said:

Dear Applicant,

like to see a score of at least "9" in each sub-test of the MCAT, and looks for a science gpa above 3.1

Office of Admissions

:( I made an 8 in one of mine. (11/10/8)

Did anyone receive a complete email? or do we just have to check the status of our secondary application ourselves. Thanks!

Did anyone receive a complete email? or do we just have to check the status of our secondary application ourselves. Thanks!

I never got a confirmation e-mail. Just checked the status online and it says "Yes" next to secondary received. "Decision pending"

Dear Applicant,

Office of Admissions

I have yet to receive this email, but I am worried I might soon due to having an 8 in a subscore on my MCAT. My sGPA is 3.75 though, so hopefully that helps. The "would like to see" part makes me think it is not required and can be overlooked if they desire. Here's to wishful thinking. :shrug:

I have yet to receive this email, but I am worried I might soon due to having an 8 in a subscore on my MCAT. My sGPA is 3.75 though, so hopefully that helps. The "would like to see" part makes me think it is not required and can be overlooked if they desire. Here's to wishful thinking. :shrug:

I did not receive that email either don't worry you are fine. all mine are above 9 my GPA is quite good too.

Don't worry, the only reason I got that email was because I emailed them first letting them know I was re-writting the MCAT and kind of as an FYI they sent that to me as an attachment.

Don't worry, the only reason I got that email was because I emailed them first letting them know I was re-writting the MCAT and kind of as an FYI they sent that to me as an attachment.

This helps calm my nerves... slightly lol. Thanks for the reply I appreciate it!

Is there an essay for the secondary? I've read that some of you have received the secondary - could you please post the essay prompt? Best of luck.

Cheers,

Is there any disadvantage in not listing SAT or ACT scores? I forgot my scores and I don't have them on file..:oops:

I had to order a high school transcript for a residency form with one of my other applications and my SAT and ACT scores were listed on it. Maybe try that if possible? High school transcripts are typically free and can be obtained same day as request.

Verified 8/13 and still no secondary. Should I call, or give it til the end of the week? I meet the MCAT and sGPA criteria.
This is one of my top choice schools, so I really want to get it in!

Has anyone received any information about student hosting yet? They said it would be out by the third week of August but I haven't heard anything yet. Thanks!

For anyone who saw a change from "decision pending" to "interview to be scheduled"- how long did it take to get an email with your interview date?

Thanks doc. How are you liking Jefferson?

It's the third week, and our first exam/practical is Friday. Overall, I'm pretty satisfied with Jefferson as a community and learning institution. There are a few minor points of the latter that I could do without, but it's not a big deal. Such is life. The pace and volume is very manageable for me, although I may be a little biased since I've got a background in pharmacology and went to undergrad at a pharmacy school (read: high stress, very academic environment).

I guess another point to highlight is that the class size is huge. We've got 265. It's surprisingly not as "diverse" as you would think. In any case, you'll meet classmates at bars and such before and during orientation week and will probably never talk to them again. People clique up pretty quickly, but that's pretty much universal across the board. I feel like I see someone I've never seen before in lecture everyday.

Not to say that the other Philly schools aren't fine institutions, but Jefferson is certainly the best location-wise. If you like living smack in the middle of the city, then you'll likely love Jeff.

If any of you are interviewing and would like to meet up and talk, send me a PM. I'd be happy to try and fit you into my schedule. I'm also signing up to be a student interviewer, so I might see some of you whether you like it or not.

I guess another point to highlight is that the class size is huge. We've got 265. It's surprisingly not as "diverse" as you would think. In any case, you'll meet classmates at bars and such before and during orientation week and will probably never talk to them again. People clique up pretty quickly, but that's pretty much universal across the board. I feel like I see someone I've never seen before in lecture.

It's a big class, but after 3rd and 4th years, almost everyone knows each other. I rarely attended social events and classes during pre-clinical years, and I don't have any trouble with meeting almost everyone.

Last edited:
It's the third week, and our first exam/practical is Friday. Overall, I'm pretty satisfied with Jefferson as a community and learning institution. There are a few minor points of the latter that I could do without, but it's not a big deal. Such is life. The pace and volume is very manageable for me, although I may be a little biased since I've got a background in pharmacology and went to undergrad at a pharmacy school (read: high stress, very academic environment).

I guess another point to highlight is that the class size is huge. We've got 265. It's surprisingly not as "diverse" as you would think. In any case, you'll meet classmates at bars and such before and during orientation week and will probably never talk to them again. People clique up pretty quickly, but that's pretty much universal across the board. I feel like I see someone I've never seen before in lecture everyday.

Not to say that the other Philly schools aren't fine institutions, but Jefferson is certainly the best location-wise. If you like living smack in the middle of the city, then you'll likely love Jeff.

If any of you are interviewing and would like to meet up and talk, send me a PM. I'd be happy to try and fit you into my schedule. I'm also signing up to be a student interviewer, so I might see some of you whether you like it or not.

Philly seems like an awesome place to live for four years (I love philly cheesesteaks). Thanks for the descriptions and thanks for the offer! I'll be sure to do that if I get an interview :thumbup:

Philly seems like an awesome place to live for four years (I love philly cheesesteaks). Thanks for the descriptions and thanks for the offer! I'll be sure to do that if I get an interview :thumbup:

Yeah, the area around Jefferson is convenient for pretty much anything you can imagine: bars, restaurants, grocery shopping, etc. A lot of the places even offer discounts if you have your Jeff ID.

Also, Jim's on South Street has the best cheesesteaks. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Yeah, the area around Jefferson is convenient for pretty much anything you can imagine: bars, restaurants, grocery shopping, etc. A lot of the places even offer discounts if you have your Jeff ID.

Also, Jim's on South Street has the best cheesesteaks. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

I LOVE JIM'S. Better than Pat's or Genos!!

My status changed to "Interview to be scheduled" from "Decision Pending"!!! (Complete 7/29)

I love Philly and Jefferson seems perfectly suited for me!

P.S. I am also obsessed with skylines/architecture and let me tell you....Comcast Center is amazing and the balance of the skyline is perfect :)

anyone going to be emailing about student hosts, or just wait until next week? I am OOS and need to figure this out soon and they were supposed to send out the list already...

does jefferson let you pick an interview date? or is it assigned to you?

i haven't got an email yet but when I log on, it tells me when my interview is (with the status "Interview offered").

was complete around the first of the month FYI

does jefferson let you pick an interview date? or is it assigned to you?

i haven't got an email yet but when I log on, it tells me when my interview is (with the status "Interview offered").

was complete around the first of the month FYI

They assign a date but you can call to change. Reading through the thread would have answered your question.

They assign a date but you can call to change. Reading through the thread would have answered your question.

Or I could not hunt for an answer in 6 pages of posts and just use this topic as its intended..

thanks for the answer.. I will await an email confirming my date since I haven't gotten one yet

anyone going to be emailing about student hosts, or just wait until next week? I am OOS and need to figure this out soon and they were supposed to send out the list already...

Got the host list today. It was in my spam box

also a M1 here (and buddies with Doc Strange) definitely feel free to PM me too if you want to meet up if you get to interview - I signed up to host so I may end up meeting some of you anyways

for the record I also love Jefferson so far (despite the looming written and practical tomorrow...)

also a M1 here (and buddies with Doc Strange) definitely feel free to PM me too if you want to meet up if you get to interview - I signed up to host so I may end up meeting some of you anyways

for the record I also love Jefferson so far (despite the looming written and practical tomorrow...)

My SDN identity is public knowledge apparently, but you're going to have to fill me in on who your are. Lol. PM me!

EDIT: Just kidding, I know who you are. Lol.