2013-2014 Loma Linda University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just curious, has anyone requested for a fee waiver? I forwarded my FAP approval e-mail as a request, but no response for several days now.

Members don't see this ad.

just curious, has anyone requested for a fee waiver? I forwarded my fap approval e-mail as a request, but no response for several days now.

Last edited:
Hey guys, if a majority of the SDA students are interviewed first, does it make sense for others to be okay if they submit their app a bit later or will the apps still be reviewed on a "first come-first serve" basis. Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys, if a majority of the SDA students are interviewed first, does it make sense for others to be okay if they submit their app a bit later or will the apps still be reviewed on a "first come-first serve" basis. Thanks in advance!

Submit early. Always.

are the students subjected to regular drug testing after enrollment?

stupid question guys. do the character limits include spaces? (i assume so but just checking....)

Anyone know when Interview Invites usually start coming around?

Anyone know when Interview Invites usually start coming around?

I feel like they might be later than some because don't they not give out the first acceptance until December? IIRC, at least.

Members don't see this ad :)
super quick question, does anyone know if LLU screens prior to handing out secondaries? I'm still waiting for my amcas to be verified, and thought I'd try to get a start on those essays. Everything I've read and heard about LLU make me more excited, so hopefully things will work out!

super quick question, does anyone know if LLU screens prior to handing out secondaries? I'm still waiting for my amcas to be verified, and thought I'd try to get a start on those essays. Everything I've read and heard about LLU make me more excited, so hopefully things will work out!

No screening that I know of, everyone in past years, regardless of stats seems to have gotten a secondary! Obviously Loma Linda has unique secondary questions, but there is a lot of overlap with other schools on some questions, so get going anyways, and hopefully you can kill two (or more!) birds with one stone!

No screening that I know of, everyone in past years, regardless of stats seems to have gotten a secondary! Obviously Loma Linda has unique secondary questions, but there is a lot of overlap with other schools on some questions, so get going anyways, and hopefully you can kill two (or more!) birds with one stone!

this

I've been verified now for almost a week but I still haven't heard anything from Loma Linda. Does anyone know how long it usually takes after verification to receive a secondary?

I've been verified now for almost a week but I still haven't heard anything from Loma Linda. Does anyone know how long it usually takes after verification to receive a secondary?

I wouldn't worry. Things are about to get crazy for the freshman class this week, so the med school administration is a bit busy.

Just received e-mail saying they received my secondary and fee. No information yet about whether being complete.

Just received e-mail saying they received my secondary and fee. No information yet about whether being complete.

I got an email a couple weeks ago saying they received all my stuff...not necessariy a "complete" email. It just said I have turned everything in.

Hey Jonas586,

I went back and counted the number of days between being verified and getting my secondary. For me, I received my secondary in 6 days. This means that it should be coming soon! :soexcited:

Describe the extent and source of your knowledge of Loma Linda University School of Medicine?
is this question asking if we have any connection to LLUSM? can the extent of knowledge be limited to research about the school curriculum and programs?

Describe the extent and source of your knowledge of Loma Linda University School of Medicine?
is this question asking if we have any connection to LLUSM? can the extent of knowledge be limited to research about the school curriculum and programs?

I described how I was first introduced to Loma Linda, connected to it, and what impressed me about it.

Complete email today followed a few hours later by a thank you for your interest email. The thank you for your interest email also stated "describing the opportunities available to you at a faith-based academic healthcare complex brings us great joy." :oops:

Everyone else get these 2 emails?

Complete email today followed a few hours later by a thank you for your interest email. The thank you for your interest email also stated "describing the opportunities available to you at a faith-based academic healthcare complex brings us great joy." :oops:

Everyone else get these 2 emails?

I just got that second email too. Is that an everybody thing? I'm assuming so ...

So people mentioned that Loma Linda takes people who aren't necessarily religious, but what about people of other religions? I'm Muslim by the way so was wondering what type of experience I can expect. Thanks!

So people mentioned that Loma Linda takes people who aren't necessarily religious, but what about people of other religions? I'm Muslim by the way so was wondering what type of experience I can expect. Thanks!

You'll experience a warm loving community. That's what I really love about this area. As long as you're willing to abide by the lifestyle guidelines during enrollment, you'll have a great time.

I just got that second email too. Is that an everybody thing? I'm assuming so ...

Ya im getting all kinds of emails. I cant figure out how to exactly check the stauts, when i click application status it just shows dates and documents received, no where does it have a slot for interview. so Im not to sure.

Do they send interview invites via email?

Ya im getting all kinds of emails. I cant figure out how to exactly check the stauts, when i click application status it just shows dates and documents received, no where does it have a slot for interview. so Im not to sure.

Do they send interview invites via email?

I think LLUSM actually does IIs via snail mail.

Stupid question here, (please don't all attack this post) what do you mean II's? Do it mean interview invite?

No problem.

Yes you're correct:

II's = Interview Invite

Is it seriously only August? I feel like this app cycle has taken like a full year. Here's to hoping that they give IIs to non SDAs as early as last year. I still don't know how I'm gonna be able to wait until October.

Is it seriously only August? I feel like this app cycle has taken like a full year. Here's to hoping that they give IIs to non SDAs as early as last year. I still don't know how I'm gonna be able to wait until October.

When did they begin giving out IIs last year

When did they begin giving out IIs last year
I think the first one went out in mid to late October. I think the date was around the 24th. You can check last years thread for an exact date.

When last year did they give out II to non SDA?

I'm really bored at work, so I went back and looked at the exact date that non SDA IIs went out last year. It was Monday October 22.

I have heard that LLUSM has good board scores. Anyone know any details?

I have heard that LLUSM has good board scores. Anyone know any details?

This year, Step I's average has been 227 nationally. Right now, our class is sitting on an average of 234. Two classmates of mine got a 270. TWO!!! I thought that was impossible, makes my score look bad even though I did pretty good haha! I personally know one of them, and you'd think that someone getting a 270 would have to have something wrong with him/her or be completely socially inept, but no, this person is one of the nicest you can meet!

So yea, I guess you could say LLU students get good board scores ;)

And the funny thing is, LLU actually gives one of the shortest time spans between the end of MS2 and the start of MS3 to take boards. I've heard of other places giving 6-8 weeks off, but we only get 3-4 weeks off to take Step I. I think it just shows that the prep is good here.

Reactions: 1 user
I was wondering if anyone else is having trouble interpreting the difference between question 1 and 2 on the secondary:

1. Describe the extent and source of your knowledge of Loma Linda University School of Medicine (LLUSM). (750 characters max)

2. What makes LLUSM particularly attractive to you? (750 characters max)

I personally was thinking number 1 is asking how you hear about LLUSM (like from friend), and number 2 is the generic "why this school"

Any thoughts are appreciated :D

Submitted my secondary yesterday. I thought I submitted it two weeks ago, but apparently I forgot to press "complete my application". Blah. I'm not SDA, but I would love to go there.

Hey Jonas586,

I went back and counted the number of days between being verified and getting my secondary. For me, I received my secondary in 6 days. This means that it should be coming soon! :soexcited:

Thanks, wonder. I just submitted my secondary today. Here's to hoping.

Submitted my secondary yesterday. I thought I submitted it two weeks ago, but apparently I forgot to press "complete my application". Blah. I'm not SDA, but I would love to go there.

Oh man, glad you figured it out!

If I'm waiting on a letter from a religious leader, should I go ahead and submit and then send the letter when it's ready or wait?

I know early is always better so not sure how to proceed...

If I'm waiting on a letter from a religious leader, should I go ahead and submit and then send the letter when it's ready or wait?

I know early is always better so not sure how to proceed...

Any idea how long it will take to get your letter from him/her?

gah, loma linda is such a tease with all these "You are receiving this email because you have indicated an interest in learning more about Loma Linda University" emails....