2013-2014 Loma Linda University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Not yet, did you? I think they said they were gonna send a snail mail confirmation. Did you schedule for 12/5 also?

No, I didn't. I think when I called to schedule the date (which is the same as yours), I think she said they would send an email confirmation, but could have misheard. I imagine it will come in one way or another, just wanted to make sure I wasn't alone. Cheers.

Members don't see this ad :)
Ughhh I've been complete since 8/19 and still nothing... Anyone else in the same boat? I'm OOS and SDA with slightly below average GPA and average MCAT.

Ughhh I've been complete since 8/19 and still nothing... Anyone else in the same boat? I'm OOS and SDA with slightly below average GPA and average MCAT.

Still waiting...same here..but IS and slightly more competitive #s.

Any current students could talk about what kind of community service do LLU students do? Does LLU have free clinic?

Wooo Hooo. just received a II. received 2ndry 8/21. submitted 2ndry 10/14. complete 10/16. Interview invite 10/17 :)!

Members don't see this ad :)
Have many non-SDA invites gone out? I know there has been a few...

Reactions: 1 user
Just got my II! Non-SDA, but Methodist and IS. Secondary submitted 8/24, they gave me a January 7 interview.

Stupid question: I just realized my app says "summer 2014" under "Start term." Is this loma linda's equivalent of fall 2014, or did I select the wrong term?

Stupid question: I just realized my app says "summer 2014" under "Start term." Is this loma linda's equivalent of fall 2014, or did I select the wrong term?

You actually start halfway through summer term. You're fine.

Interview invite today! Beyond excited!
Verified: 9/27/13
Secondary invite: 10/06/13
Complete: 10/31/13
IS, SDA
27/3.73

Last edited:
Wooo Hooo. just received a II. received 2ndry 8/21. submitted 2ndry 10/14. complete 10/16. Interview invite 10/17 :)!
Hi,
Could you please share your interview experience?
I'm very nervous about the whole thing...

Thank you

Interview invite today! Beyond excited!
Verified: 9/27/13
Secondary invite: 10/06/13
Complete: 10/31/13
IS, SDA
27/3.73
Congrats!!! Did the invite come through snail mail? What did the envelope look like? Was it delivered by an owl?

Interview Invite via email.

Nothing yet :( I got the official "your file is complete" email Oct 16th.

I got an "update" email regarding my file but never the "complete" email. Anyways, my secondary was submitted in early August and I am anxiously awaiting for an II!!

its been extremely quite here. Will out status be reflected on the secondary app site? Any recent interviews?

anyone successful in re-scheduling interview date?

If you're interviewing, make sure you leave early due to possible traffic. They are doing some construction around campus.

Sooo... I've been complete since 8/19 and heard nada. I'm OOS, SDA, average MCAT, slightly sub-average GPA, excellent EC's, and awesome LOR's from SDA docs and SDA university faculty. Anyone have any insight? Do they do silent rejections?

Sooo... I've been complete since 8/19 and heard nada. I'm OOS, SDA, average MCAT, slightly sub-average GPA, excellent EC's, and awesome LOR's from SDA docs and SDA university faculty. Anyone have any insight? Do they do silent rejections?

Have you been interviewed yet?

To my knowledge, they don't do silent rejections.

Anybody who has interviewed know when they would start sending out acceptances? Last year, it seams the first round went out sometime around now.

Anybody who has interviewed know when they would start sending out acceptances? Last year, it seams the first round went out sometime around now.

The grapevine says that they meet the third Thursday of every month.

Where do most LLU graduates do their residencies? In California?

How many do residencies associated with Loma Linda University Medical Center?

I called to schedule my interview, it was kind of informal, so i hope they scheduled me correctly on their end =)

Uh...missed a phone call from Loma Linda this evening!!! Ugh, I picked it up on the last ring, too. Got a voice mail from Dr. Roddy, I believe, asking me to call back. Have to call back tomorrow...

Just for info's sake:
MCAT: 31 (PS 12, BS 11, V 8)
3.76 cGPA
3.72 sGPA

Complete 8/26/13
II 10/9
Interviewed 11/26
Adventist and OOS

I told my boyfriend and my sister, and I SOO want to tell my mom about the missed phone call, but both my bf and sis told me not to until I know for sure what the missed call was about. But I couldn't contain it, so I'm telling SDN. :)

Edit: and just FYI, I got the phone call around 8:44-ish Maryland time. I'm just adding that in there because I was searching last year's thread and I couldn't find the time ANYWHERE. :(

Just posting to confirm that acceptance decisions were made today. I recieved a call from Dr. Roddy letting me know I was accepted just after 8:00pm EST.

They are right on schedule based on previous years.

Congrats on acceptances!
I also interviewed on 11/26 but didn't receive a call yet:(
Oh well, hope to get some love from UCLA and UCSD

Congrats on acceptances!
I also interviewed on 11/26 but didn't receive a call yet:(
Oh well, hope to get some love from UCLA and UCSD
About the same for me. They'll probably continue to call today, so let's wait and see. Good luck on your other post-interview decisions!