2013-2014 Loma Linda University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congratulations! I'll be the first to ask: if you don't mind sharing, when was your interview?

And I guess they're not doing it on the third Thursday this month? If not, that makes me more anxious; I'm waiting on a decision from last month, and I may have just been passed over for this month's batch. Though I suppose they could send out more calls later this month if they're not following the previous trend in order to prepare for the March 30 traffic day.

I wish the best for everyone else waiting to hear back!

I interview on February 19.

Sent from my phone.

Members don't see this ad.

Also, to current MS-- is LLU helpful with the financial situation? It's pretty overwhelming.

Also, to current MS-- is LLU helpful with the financial situation? It's pretty overwhelming.

Yes. If you have any questions, speak with Frank Rendel in the financial aid office. He's the guy you need to talk to regarding these matters.

Members don't see this ad :)
Regarding the "incomplete financial aid app" emails... If we haven't gotten in yet should we still submit the forms?

If you have the information all ready to go, it wouldn't hurt to submit those forms. I submitted mine already around the time that I was filling out my FAFSA. During the interview orientation, I believe they said the sooner the better even before you're accepted, although I'm not sure how the priority funding deadlines come into play for those not accepted yet.

Just for further information, they marked my FAFSA as received but not reviewed; I assume they will not review it unless/until I am accepted.

If you have the information all ready to go, it wouldn't hurt to submit those forms. I submitted mine already around the time that I was filling out my FAFSA. During the interview orientation, I believe they said the sooner the better even before you're accepted, although I'm not sure how the priority funding deadlines come into play for those not accepted yet.

Just for further information, they marked my FAFSA as received but not reviewed; I assume they will not review it unless/until I am accepted.

Regarding financials - the sooner the better

Speaking of the financial aid deadline, I don't know if anyone has any insider information, but I am hopeful that there will be another batch this week for the following reasons:
Of course, maybe those deadlines are why they moved the March batch up a week. We'll have to wait to see what happens, but it would be great to have some good news this week!

Oh, and it would be the best, most memorable early birthday present. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I interviewed on February 20 but I am currently out of the country without phone access. Could you please share if you received any emails, letters, or any other sort of contact other than the phone call?
They sent me an email version of the acceptance letter a few days after I got the call. They also sent an admissions packet in the mail. After that they sent a bunch of emails with details about financial aid, transcript, immunization etc. Also of your accepted your admissions portal will be updated (at the top). As such, as long as you have access to your email, you'll know if your accepted. Have fun wherever you are and I hope you get accepted soon. All the best

Any movement so far today? I believe it's the third Thursday of the month right?

I interviewed on February 20 but I am currently out of the country without phone access. Could you please share if you received any emails, letters, or any other sort of contact other than the phone call?

I got a phone call and a letter packet but no email.

The paper quality is really nice. :)

I got my acceptance call on Feb. 13th and received an email on Feb. 18th. The official letter on fancy paper arrived maybe a week or so after that. :D

I got my acceptance call on Feb. 13th and received an email on Feb. 18th. The official letter on fancy paper arrived maybe a week or so after that. :D

Congratulations!

It's looking like they really did just completely move the call day forward a week and nothing went out on the third Thursday. That's too bad. Time to try to stay away from SDN for another month and focus on other things.

wow got a real fancy rejection letter from linda today. I saw how nice the letter looked thought to myself this looks good, then I read the letter and was like:

images

"why would they do that?..."

peace and good luck to u all

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Speaking of the financial aid deadline, I don't know if anyone has any insider information, but I am hopeful that there will be another batch this week for the following reasons:

We can still hold multiple acceptances until May 15 right?

We can still hold multiple acceptances until May 15 right?

Yep, so if you're still waiting on or negotiating financial aid packages (especially if that aid will swing your favor more toward one school), hang on to a couple of schools that you can see yourself attending.

Hello!

Interviews are still happening.

The next adcom meeting is the third week in april.

got rejected via snail mail today. goodluck to everyone.

Does LLU website (application page) get updated at all with the status changes?

Last edited:
Can someone please post what it says exactly in the rejection mail. I threw mine away out of frustration and now my parents want to see what the letter said. -______-

Last edited:
Anybody know if there have been any post-interview rejections yet?

Has anyone heard back recently? I interviewed Feb 3rd and still haven't heard a word from them.

The next batch of calls should go out next Thursday. Hang in there.

Well then, I stand corrected again! I guess they have completely ditched the third-Thursday trend at this point?

Congratulations!

Well then, I stand corrected again! I guess they have completely ditched the third-Thursday trend at this point?

Congratulations!
No Idea. I had interviewed the last week in November, didn't fill out FinAid stuff completely till last week. I'm wondering if that was holding up my acceptance.

I emailed an update letter a few weeks ago and I received an email back saying that it had been added to my file so you should be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How many weeks did it take for them to reply back to you? I sent them a letter of intent ~3 week ago and still haven't got any reply. I'm planning on calling them this coming Monday to confirm that it's at least in their inbox or in queue to be added. I'd hate for it to have been in their spam this whole time.

Waitlisted this morning. Kinda early in the month to be waitlisted, isn't it?

Sorry I'll clarify; I haven't received any official notification (calls, emails, snail mail) , but when I went to my llu login this morning it was updated by saying I was on the alternate list. I found it really strange that it changed between a friday night and a saturday morning. Anyone know what gives?

Last edited:
Does anyone know if LLU have any scholarship available or grants?

Sent from my phone.

Has anybody else been waitlisted or post-interview rejected? I interviewed last week of January and haven't received anything. Afraid that I was rejected after seeing that someone has already been waitlisted and I haven't received any notification

waitlisted today. Found out by checking my online profile.

Waitlisted as well. Might be time for me to prepare for a possible reapplication.

Does alternate list mean wait-list for LLU? Or is it another separate list?

How do I check my online profile to check my status? Is it a different website than the one we used to apply?

Waitlisted as well. Would have never known had I not checked SDN about the updates. Last school I was waiting on post-interview :( Anyone know about the waitlist movement at LLU?

Does anyone know if LLU have any scholarship available or grants?

Sent from my phone.

Yes, once you've been accepted, you'll get information in a letter from financial aid.

Waitlisted as well. Would have never known had I not checked SDN about the updates. Last school I was waiting on post-interview :( Anyone know about the waitlist movement at LLU?

Things will start moving fast in the next month

Hey so anybody get a letter asking them to apply to the Biomedical certificate program?