2013-2014 Loyola University (Stritch) Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I submitted my secondary back in August, and I was checking the status site today and noticed that my "picture upload" section makes it look like I didn't upload one--in which case I feel like an idiot, but I am wondering if the uploaded photo disappeared just like the secondary. Can someone else who uploaded a photo check what their page looks like? Does it show a record of the photo you uploaded?
Mine looks like this...
View attachment 25572
I originally had trouble uploading my picture (wouldn't take JPG, thought about using GIF but application PDF said not to while email said it was okay) so I called the office to clarify. They said that if you can see the picture once you hit the "Print My Application" tab then they got it, otherwise you should contact them and send a picture.

Members don't see this ad.

I think the consensus is that phrasing indicates a "hold" rather than a "small pool".
Yeah. And they probably tell everyone its a "small pool" so they'll relax. They told me that was a hold that is a "small pool" of folks who will be looked at later. Without my amcas id or name. Soooo

So the committee is meeting tomorrow!! Crossing my fingers for some good news :xf:

Members don't see this ad :)
So the committee is meeting tomorrow!! Crossing my fingers for some good news :xf:

Me too!! I interviewed the day after the committee met last time (interview was Oct the 19th), so it's been a long anxious month for me lol.

Good luck to everyone else waiting to hear back too! :)

Sending out good vibes for you all! Buena suerte!

Yes good luck everybody and keep us updated!

The suspense is killing me. Has anyone heard anything? I interviewed here a few weeks ago and was told I would hear on the 18th.

Nope, but from the past few committee cycles, it looks like they call after 6PM CT. So hopefully starting in an hour!

Glad I'm not the only one impatiently checking my phone and this thread! ahhhhhh!

I interviewed there a couple of weeks ago as well and am still waiting too! So nervous!

I can't stop checking my phone....really hoping for good news tonight. Good luck to everyone else waiting!

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got the call!!!!!!! Ecstatic!!! !!

I also just got the call...really really happy but so torn...it's so much more expensive than my state school!! Ohh how do I make this decision!

Accepted!!! This doesn't feel real!! Just got the call about 10mins ago, just when I was beginning to think they forgot about me!

First MD acceptance, too!!

Reactions: 1 user
Just got the call! So happy and excited. Crossing my fingers for the rest of you all!

Just got the call! So happy and excited. Crossing my fingers for the rest of you all!
For all you folks who just got accepted today, what specific day did you interview? Thanks and congrats!!

ACCEPTED!!!! So excited :) I interviewed in late October. Congrats to everyone who got accepted, and good luck to those still waiting!

For all you folks who just got accepted today, what specific day did you interview? Thanks and congrats!!
Just got the call one minute after posting this question--accepted! Totally stoked!

If you want to, can you let us know when you interviewed?

Last edited:
Just got the call! :soexcited: I interviewed the 1st week of Nov.

Congrats and good luck everyone!

First acceptance! Now I have a voicemail to keep because I was on a plane :D

Interviewed 10-19, the day after the last committee meeting lol. Thought my interviews went really well; so happy! :)

Congrats to everyone! I interview 12/6, so just if anyone knows, are the committee meetings like every 18th of the month? Will I find out December 18th, then?

Congrats to everyone! I interview 12/6, so just if anyone knows, are the committee meetings like every 18th of the month? Will I find out December 18th, then?

They will tell you on the day of your interview when the committee meeting will be. Good luck with your interview!

EDIT: upon looking at a couple pages back in this thread right now, no idea where I got the 18th date from. Must've been thinking about the 15th. Idk.

Last edited:
Wow a lot of acceptances today. Feeling amazing right now, congrats to everybody!

Are these committee meetings also when they decide to whom they will send II's?

Congrats to all those accepted! **virtual hugs**

so I've been complete for over 3 months with no II or hold status... does anyone know if no news is better or worse than a hold status?

so I've been complete for over 3 months with no II or hold status... does anyone know if no news is better or worse than a hold status?
In the same situation and I've been wondering as well.

Congrats to everyone who got accepted this week!!

just interviewed here on Wednesday and really liked it. next decisions come out 12/9 - good luck to everyone in this batch!

I received an II yesterday and scheduled my interview right away. The earliest date that they had available was mid-February.

"Your file has been reviewed by the Committee on Admissions. The review process is continuous from now until the conclusion of our interview season in April. If you are granted an interview, you will be contacted by phone and/or e-mail."
Is this essentially a hold status? Most likely rejected?

"Your file has been reviewed by the Committee on Admissions. The review process is continuous from now until the conclusion of our interview season in April. If you are granted an interview, you will be contacted by phone and/or e-mail."
Is this essentially a hold status? Most likely rejected?

Yes. My status changed to this immediately after I was complete. Holistic review my ass, lol!