2013-2014 Loyola University (Stritch) Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Why would it necessarily be a bad thing to have the hold status?

I kinda agree. Obviously the high stat people are going to get interviews right out of the gate and the rest of us will have to wait. Maybe I'm way off base but that's how I am assuming the whole process generally works.

Members don't see this ad.

Why would it necessarily be a bad thing to have the hold status?

i feel like if it were later in the cycle being on hold would foreshadow just never getting a response or getting a very late rejection. since its pretty early in the cycle i think that it is just that theyre picking the high stats out and leaving those with mid stats or so on hold

Members don't see this ad :)
i feel like if it were later in the cycle being on hold would foreshadow just never getting a response or getting a very late rejection. Since its pretty early in the cycle i think that it is just that theyre picking the high stats out and leaving those with mid stats or so on hold

+1

checked my status today and im back under review

hope thats good news

I just checked my status today and I have a new tab saying "supplemental application received" yesterday. Did anyone else have this and how many days afterwards did you guys receive notice of interview/hold/rejection?

Such a huge letdown: I just got a phone call from "IL, USA" and I thought "OMG OMG OMG OMG LOYOLA IS CALLING ME!!!!"....it was something completely different. Here's to hope. ::raises glass::

Such a huge letdown: I just got a phone call from "IL, USA" and I thought "OMG OMG OMG OMG LOYOLA IS CALLING ME!!!!"....it was something completely different. Here's to hope. ::raises glass::

:oops: In the same boat with you with every single school. Thinking it was an II from a school, I eagerly picked up a phone call from "Omaha, Nebraska" and it was a telemarketer from Omaha Steaks.

yesterday, my status changed to hold, now today its changed back to under review

Just checked mine and it changed. I am in the exact same situation... changed to "reviewed" yesterday and back to "under review" today. Can't imagine that is a bad thing, so I am happy! I really really want this school.

:luck:

yesterday, my status changed to hold, now today its changed back to under review

hmm I was on hold last night (your file has been reviewed), but your post prompted me to check again...and now it's under review again..

this might be a good sign..or maybe it's a glitch..I submitted my app about a week ago so idk.. :confused:

I really hope this will happen to me...I have the hold status...not sure if length of time being on hold plays a factor or not :/

Members don't see this ad :)
Now I never want to check back and live in blissful ignorance. Seeing the hold status was surprisingly hard on me yesterday.

Now I never want to check back and live in blissful ignorance. Seeing the hold status was surprisingly hard on me yesterday.

im the opposite, i keep checking it to make sure it wasnt a glitch or error

Hold status here as well. Arrrrgh.

im the opposite, i keep checking it to make sure it wasnt a glitch or error

LOL, really, Loyola is very diligent with their admissions process. Just keep your head up and hope you get re-reviewed.

Has anyone been straight up rejected?

Y'all have got me paranoid and obsessive compulsively checking my status, too!

Y'all have got me paranoid and obsessive compulsively checking my status, too!

+1

I was complete 7/22 but Ever since I saw "supplemental application received 8/7", I have been obsessively checking my status cause this probably means a decision will be made very soon.

+1

I was complete 7/22 but Ever since I saw "supplemental application received 8/7", I have been obsessively checking my status cause this probably means a decision will be made very soon.

Mine has said that since 7/08 so don't hold your breath ;)

I applied here last year. I was on hold forever. I think very few people get off of hold longer thank a week or two. I don't think they reject...

I applied here last year. I was on hold forever. I think very few people get off of hold longer thank a week or two. I don't think they reject...

Sorry, your phrasing is confusing me. Do you mean very few people who are on hold for longer than a week or two eventually get off of hold?

I'm not sure I understand. Are you saying if we are on hold for longer than a week or to, it is probably game over for our application to Loyola?

Sorry. If you are on hold for more than 2 weeks, I wouldn't count on an interview invite. They have tons of applicants. Check last years thread.

edit: this was on last years thread

"This is pretty interesting, and I hadn't even though about it until I read the posts about the various statuses. My status says: "Your file is complete and pending further review by our Committee on Admissions. If you are granted an interview you will be contacted by phone and/or email. Our interview season is September thru April and your file can be reviewed several times during this time."

I called the admissions office to see if they could add a little clarification to what this means, and the woman told me that my application has already been reviewed once and is now "set aside" to be re-reviewed later in the cycle. She wasn't very precise on when the second review happens, but she did mention it might not be considered again until later this winter/spring. As far as the "has been reviewed" statuses... I'm not exactly sure what that means. From browsing through last year's thread it looks as though it means that once the "has been reviewed" status appears, you are no longer under consideration for an interview invite from the committee. Obviously, SDN is a small sample size of the applicant pool, and that is just a bit of speculation. I thought those that have the same status as me would appreciate knowing what's going on with their application, though. Good luck through the rest of the cycle!"

they also said you have a better shot at getting an interview if you never get the hold status and it says your application is complete.

I know its not good news for some people, but I absolutely hated being on hold for 8 months

Last edited:
so if we are "under review" how long until we get moved to the "hold" or ii status typically?

Sorry. If you are on hold for more than 2 weeks, I wouldn't count on an interview invite. They have tons of applicants. Check last years thread.

"This is pretty interesting, and I hadn't even though about it until I read the posts about the various statuses. My status says: "Your file is complete and pending further review by our Committee on Admissions. If you are granted an interview you will be contacted by phone and/or email. Our interview season is September thru April and your file can be reviewed several times during this time."

I called the admissions office to see if they could add a little clarification to what this means, and the woman told me that my application has already been reviewed once and is now "set aside" to be re-reviewed later in the cycle. She wasn't very precise on when the second review happens, but she did mention it might not be considered again until later this winter/spring. As far as the "has been reviewed" statuses... I'm not exactly sure what that means. From browsing through last year's thread it looks as though it means that once the "has been reviewed" status appears, you are no longer under consideration for an interview invite from the committee. Obviously, SDN is a small sample size of the applicant pool, and that is just a bit of speculation. I thought those that have the same status as me would appreciate knowing what's going on with their application, though. Good luck through the rest of the cycle!"

they also said you have a better shot at getting an interview if you never get the hold status and it says your application is complete.

I know its not good news for some people, but I absolutely hated being on hold for 8 months

The problem with this is that so far people only have two statuses "under review" and "have been reviewed," last year they had three, the extra being the "pending further review"

unless SDN just doesnt have a sample size large enough, it could be possible that theyre only using two statuses now instead of the three

then having the "have been reviewed" could still mean further review

so if we are "under review" how long until we get moved to the "hold" or ii status typically?

you can go into the "hold" status anywhere from like a week to months it seemed, according to last years thread anyone who got an II was in the "under review" category and waited about a month after completion

you can go into the "hold" status anywhere from like a week to months it seemed, according to last years thread anyone who got an II was in the "under review" category and waited about a month after completion

I went into hold almost immediately after submitting my secondary. I submitted on a Sunday night were I instantly went into "under review" and then early the very next morning went on hold. This leads me to believe that a decision was made before even sending me the secondary, and that I have no chance here. However, I will not lose hope.

I went into hold almost immediately after submitting my secondary. I submitted on a Sunday night were I instantly went into "under review" and then early the very next morning went on hold. This leads me to believe that a decision was made before even sending me the secondary, and that I have no chance here. However, I will not lose hope.

Would you mind sharing stats?

Would you mind sharing stats?

I don't want to give numbers, but I am an older undergrad who has a few bad grades over 10 years old. My grades since being back at school the last four years have been exemplary. Without the old grades, I'd be sitting at 3.8+. It seems that Loyola does not give a holistic review, lol. MCAT score is 29.

I don't want to give numbers, but I am an older undergrad who has a few bad grades over 10 years old. My grades since being back at school the last four years have been exemplary. Without the old grades, I'd be sitting at 3.8+. It seems that Loyola does not give a holistic review, lol. MCAT score is 29.

Thank you for that, good luck.

After reading all of this I still don't know what to make of the fact the people (including myself) have gone from "reviewed" to "under review" in a days time.

If it truly isn't a glitch then that means the "reviewed" status is incorporating the third status from last year and it isn't a doomsday scenario.

After reading all of this I still don't know what to make of the fact the people (including myself) have gone from "reviewed" to "under review" in a days time.

If it truly isn't a glitch then that means the "reviewed" status is incorporating the third status from last year and it isn't a doomsday scenario.

How is being on hold a doomsday scenario?

Ah, this is what I was afraid of. Guess its best to monitor the hold status for a few weeks and see what happens.

How is being on hold a doomsday scenario?

The poster above was indicating the third type of hold (which is what we have been receiving) didn't turn out well for people and that the re review came from a hold worded another way.

The poster above was indicating the third type of hold (which is what we have been receiving) didn't turn out well for people and that the re review came from a hold worded another way.

Yeah but there are people here who "have been reviewed" and are getting interview invitations...so...

Yeah but there are people here who "have been reviewed" and are getting interview invitations...so...

I must have missed that! Thanks for pointing that out. Its hard to keep track when I pop in and out of threads while I am working.

I must have missed that! Thanks for pointing that out. Its hard to keep track when I pop in and out of threads while I am working.

Sorry, I mean people were on hold and then switched back to under review.***

[...]

Touche. I applied last cycle as well and had to call them in March because I hadn't heard anything... at. all. Only to be told over the phone I was rejected.

For this cycle, Im trying to spare my sanity and keep myself occupied with other things like work, family, and hobbies. Keep your chin up everyone and dont go nuts over things you cant control :)

Anyone have another status change after going back to "file under review.."? I was under review on 8/6, then "file has been reviewed" on 8/7, then back to under review on 8/8 and the status hasn't changed since. Not sure how to interpret the changes.

Anyone have another status change after going back to "file under review.."? I was under review on 8/6, then "file has been reviewed" on 8/7, then back to under review on 8/8 and the status hasn't changed since. Not sure how to interpret the changes.

Yes. Myself and a few others had the same thing happen. I think it may have even occurred at the same times as your changes did.

Submitted yesterday,
was holding onto the secondary for quite some time...

Under preliminary review now.

Interview invite! Huzzah! I am super duper excited!