2013-2014 Medical College of Wisconsin

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

im sorry you dont like that we cant sympathize with your first world problem.

its like you were saying, "finally got the new iphone, i hadnt gotten anything brand new and expensive for a week... needed some good news"

realize how bad it makes you sound when you say stuff like that, there are tons of people waiting on small pools and invites, and you sound like a spoiled child who always wants new toys

Members don't see this ad.

Its like you were saying, "finally got the new iphone, i hadnt gotten anything brand new and expensive for a week... Needed some good news"

realize how bad it makes you sound when you say stuff like that, there are tons of people waiting on small pools and invites, and you sound like a spoiled child who always wants new toys

+1

its like you were saying, "finally got the new iphone, i hadnt gotten anything brand new and expensive for a week... needed some good news"

Listen, I completely understand your point... Our thoughts are conditioned to our expectations, which is why I said what I said. It was more of an internal thought. But you're taking this personally and being unnecessarily antagonistic. Let's move on.

Members don't see this ad :)

Maybe you shouldn't take the internet so seriously. :confused:

The odd thing is look at the names here jw3600 and jk1006 . Funny how they comment on each others post with similar names. Serendipity or is it the same person?

Neither.

That is weird though.

So, to change the subject, let's start a new conversation! Anyone want to share why they chose to apply to MCW? What drew you to this school? It is your #1 choice or bottom of the list? Anyone chime in to redirect this forum back to why we are all here! :)

The odd thing is look at the names here jw3600 and jk1006 . Funny how they comment on each others post with similar names. Serendipity or is it the same person?

Suspicious. But we all know they're both really you, runningman. Don't try to hide it.

So, to change the subject, let's start a new conversation! Anyone want to share why they chose to apply to MCW? What drew you to this school? It is your #1 choice or bottom of the list? Anyone chime in to redirect this forum back to why we are all here! :)

I really like cheese and I hear Wisconsin has great cheese.

No, I first looked at MCW because it was a safer school on my stat range. Milwaukee is a great area, and would allow me to be close to my family. I've only heard good things about MCW.

Honestly, my motivation in applying here is because they are private, and in the past they have taken several student from my undergraduate school.

I would like to interview though because its hard to know what a school is like until you visit the campus, meet the faculty and the students. I believe the students attitude about the school can tell a lot about a school.

Suspicious. But we all know they're both really you, runningman. Don't try to hide it.

You are completely right, its me! I actually have 1,000 SDN accounts. You have found 3, now 997 more to find!

Yes, please, for the love of god, let's change the subject. I'm applying because I've worked with a couple docs at MCW through my research and they're just amazing! The school fits my numbers fairly well and the physicians I have collaborated with are amazing, down to earth, and just great people. This probably isn't my #1 choice, but it's far from the bottom of my list.

I thought I'd share, for those who are interested, the numbers we were told for this year's entering class has an average GPA of 3.7 and MCAT of PS:11 VR:10 and BS:11

apologies if this was already shared earlier in the thread....

I thought I'd share, for those who are interested, the numbers we were told for this year's entering class has an average GPA of 3.7 and MCAT of PS:11 VR:10 and BS:11

apologies if this was already shared earlier in the thread....

Interesting. Thanks!

Small pooled today via email. Complete 08/12. cGPA 3.88, sGPA 4.0, 31 MCAT (10/11/10).

Members don't see this ad :)
If we aren't small pooled, should we just assume we are in the large pool even though they didn't email us yet? I was complete 7/22 and haven't heard anything from MCW

If we aren't small pooled, should we just assume we are in the large pool even though they didn't email us yet? I was complete 7/22 and haven't heard anything from MCW

If you haven't heard anything, then yes you are in the "large pool" meaning you won't get an interview. Small pooling has been very random when compared to completion date. It doesn't necessarily mean you won't get small pooled if you have been "passed over". People are just reviewed in different orders.

If you haven't heard anything, then yes you are in the "large pool" meaning you won't get an interview. Small pooling has been very random when compared to completion date. It doesn't necessarily mean you won't get small pooled if you have been "passed over". People are just reviewed in different orders.

Just to be clear, no email till now = rejection. Is that what you are saying?

Just to be clear, no email till now = rejection. Is that what you are saying?

they're still small-pooling people here and there, so hold out for a small pool

what the consensus seems to be is that you need a small pool before an II, so if you dont get a small pool, chances are no invite.

they're still small-pooling people here and there, so hold out for a small pool

what the consensus seems to be is that you need a small pool before an II, so if you dont get a small pool, chances are no invite.

Ok, that's what I thought. Just wanted to confirm.

Ok, that's what I thought. Just wanted to confirm.

Yes, sorry if I was unclear. You can still be small pooled, even if people who were complete later than you were small pooled already. Not getting an email at this point is not a rejection. It may just be that they haven't looked at your file yet. It can take a month or two to be small pooled. But yes, small pooling is definitely a prerequisite to get an interview invite.

Anyone know about what percent of small-pooled applicants actually get interviews?

Still waiting in the pre-verification line to get into the pool. Anyone also waiting in line? :laugh:

Still just hanging out in the large pool... Hoping I'll get the invite to hop in the small pool before too long

I addressed that comment on the last page and the peanut gallery was displeased with the derailment. Just let it die.

Still waiting in the pre-verification line to get into the pool. Anyone also waiting in line? :laugh:

Yup, complete Aug 6th. UCSF gave me a secondary as an OOS applicant and one of my own state schools is reluctant to small pool me. You are bizarre MCW.

Last edited:
Small pooled today. Love this school, I hope it turns into an interview!!

CANNONBALL!!!

*splash*

Finally invited to the small pool. Feels good after the Boston rejection earlier today.

CANNONBALL!!!

*splash*

Finally invited to the small pool. Feels good after the Boston rejection earlier today.

when did you complete your secondary app and if you dont mind whats ur stats ?
thanks

I submitted in early July, but one of my letters was missing an official letterhead/signature. Took a few weeks to get the new letter, which I uploaded 7/17 to AMCAS. I think I was complete a few days after that, probably the 22nd.

yasah, click my MDApps profile under my name

I submitted in early July, but one of my letters was missing an official letterhead/signature. Took a few weeks to get the new letter, which I uploaded 7/17 to AMCAS. I think I was complete a few days after that, probably the 22nd.

yasah, click my MDApps profile under my name

Wasn't expecting it, but just got small-pooled today as well!
I was also missing a letter and got complete on 7/22. What are the chances? haha

My stats are pretty close to you also. Good luck to us both. :xf:

I just got small pool email too!

How many small pool applicants end up getting an interview? I'm gonna see if anything in last year's thread

Small pooled today. Complete 8/13. Stats: see MDapplicants profile

Anyone with an II care to comment on how much time passed between your small pool email and your II email?

Um. Is anyone NOT in the small pool?

Um. Is anyone NOT in the small pool?

im not either, i was getting hopeful cause lots of people who were complete 7/22 were getting small pooled and i was complete 7/30, but then navydoc is complete 8/13 and gets small pooled

pretty nerve wracking. i know that small pooling doesnt perfectly line up with completion time, but a man can hope

Only II's sent out to my knowledge are for EDP. I think regular II's should be coming out soon, though.

So for letters, do I have to do anything? It says not received (just submitted secondary today), and I obviously did the 5 letters through InterFolio on AMCAS. Will AMCAS submit the letters to MCW or do I have to do something outside of already having the letters delivered to AMCAS?

So for letters, do I have to do anything? It says not received (just submitted secondary today), and I obviously did the 5 letters through InterFolio on AMCAS. Will AMCAS submit the letters to MCW or do I have to do something outside of already having the letters delivered to AMCAS?

Just gotta wait. It takes them a few days to download and mark your letters as complete. These are humans, not computers.

Just gotta wait. It takes them a few days to download and mark your letters as complete. These are humans, not computers.

Thanks! I just wasn't sure if I had to submit them to MCW separately or not. How long did it take you guys to hear back after the letters had been verified or whatever? This is far and away my first choice for medical school.