2013-2014 Meharry MHS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Corps22

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I thought I'd create a forum for this year's MHS candidates to communicate on. Please post if you hear anything new, and good luck.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I was told that they start to make decisions and inform people around mid-May. Everyone know the details of the program itself or at least some stuff? I know a few things and praying that I get in as well as anyone else who really wants to continue to push towards obtaining their MD or DDS. Good luck to you all

Reactions: 1 users
Good luck to you to. Im praying I get in as well.

I called the office today and the admissions manager told me to look for an email by the end of this week. Soooooo hopefully it's coming soon!

Reactions: 1 users
Getting great news of acceptance in that email would literally make my year and it's not even halfway over yet. Thanks for the heads up

Aye gang... Im looking for a roommate.. Don't know where...if you'll need somebody. Let me know.

Aye gang... Im looking for a roommate.. Don't know where...if you'll need somebody. Let me know.
have you received acceptance for the MHS program or MD program?

Members don't see this ad :)
If we do get an e-mail, it will probably come around the time they close and leave the office....

From what I understand, they are still trying to fill the incoming medical school class as well as preparing for graduation which probably means that they won't even get to the MHS acceptances for another week or 2. Brace yourselves folks...

Thanks for creating this group. I am trying not to rush it but I'm anxious to know if I'm in or not.

Thanks for creating this group. I am trying not to rush it but I'm anxious to know if I'm in or not.
Understandable. I think we are all in the same boat. Praying for all of us.

Has anyone called admissions in the last 2 weeks about when they would be contacting people about acceptance into the MHS program?

I haven't. I was going to wait until after graduation this Saturday.

Congrats everyone!
I wonder if they are doing Pre-Med first. I am pre-dent and have not heard anything :lame:

Congrats everyone!
I wonder if they are doing Pre-Med first. I am pre-dent and have not heard anything :lame:

I am not sure if all predent mhs offer letters went out yet, but I received mine in the mail the first week of may. I would call the admissions office to check your status.

I am not sure if all predent mhs offer letters went out yet, but I received mine in the mail the first week of may. I would call the admissions office to check your status.

Yikes! I emailed them the first week in May and I was told that they didn't know when they would make a final decision. I will give them a call. Thanks

Hello everyone, congrats to all those who got into the MHS program! I also got into the program (med route) and I'm looking for an apartment and a female roommate. I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions about any apartments nearby Meharry and/or interested in having a roommate. I'm a non-traditional female student and I'm looking for someone who's clean, organized, focused, and basically got her undergrad years out of her system (lol). Please let me know if you're interested. Thanks.

Hi guys, I'm just finding this thread too! Going the dental route. Anyone doing the IDS program this summer?

Can anyone give me more details about this program. How to apply? etc

Hi guys, I'm just finding this thread too! Going the dental route. Anyone doing the IDS program this summer?

I think we all have to do that. It's in the requirements in the contract letter.

What is everyone doing about housing?

I think we all have to do that. It's in the requirements in the contract letter.

Housing's been pretty tough to find. I was looking at campus housing but they are exuberantly higher than off campus housing. I'm still looking, but if anyone's looking for a roommate PM me.

My friend said she stays in Royal Towers on campus. She likes it and it's only $650 a month

Wow, I wish I called them a little earlier. When I called last week the only availability left was a one bedroom + study for around $1080.

Ok. My stuff said it was optional and if I decided not to do it they hoped to see me in August. Still trying to decide if I want to do it or not.

Ok. My stuff said it was optional and if I decided not to do it they hoped to see me in August. Still trying to decide if I want to do it or not.

Hmm if I had an option, I'd probably opt out lol

On the brighter side, we will be getting paid to attend the summer program. :)

Congrats everybody! I am still looking for a place to stay, unfortunately, so if anyone is looking for a roommate pm me!

Has anyone received financial aid award letters for this program?

I'm doing IDS... I chose to stay on campus in the new apts., morena place. I'm still waiting on my financial aid award letter for the fall.

Hello everyone! Does anyone that is participating in the summer program know of a time and place for Monday? I have not received any info.

Hello everyone! Does anyone that is participating in the summer program know of a time and place for Monday? I have not received any info.

DM me your email address. I can forward you the agenda that they sent.

Same here. I called admissions and they sent me the email again but check your spam/ junk mail just incase it ended up there. I did and I ended up p finding like 4 emails from the school.

Just got accepted for the MHS program starting in August. Any advice on finding an apartment? Is anyone still looking for a roommate? Also is there a Facebook group?

Last edited:
Hello everyone, congrats to all those who got into the MHS program! I also got into the program (med route) and I'm looking for an apartment and a female roommate. I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions about any apartments nearby Meharry and/or interested in having a roommate. I'm a non-traditional female student and I'm looking for someone who's clean, organized, focused, and basically got her undergrad years out of her system (lol). Please let me know if you're interested. Thanks.

What is the mhs program?