2013-2014 PhD Acceptance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone else get this email from Widener about applying for the scholarship? I practically crapped myself thinking it was an acceptance! But I'm pretty sure it's just info for applying in case you get in. :p

Members don't see this ad.

has anyone heard anything from UNC Chapel Hill post-interview?????

If the person who posted their Drexel acceptance on gradcafe yesterday can PM me their PI I would be really grateful!

Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted to Widener PsyD program.
Trying not to feel pressured to start making decisions as I'm not through with interviews yet...But, yay!

If the person who posted their Drexel acceptance on gradcafe yesterday can PM me their PI I would be really grateful!
I hate to echo the last two commenters, but could the person also PM me their POI as well?

To echo all of the other posters about this, I'd love to hear who your POI at Drexel is, as well. Congrats on your acceptance!

I just got an acceptance offer to Texas A&M's clinical psych program! Super excited!
Email from POI on 2/20 and follow-up phone call 2/21

Reactions: 1 user
I saw on gradcafe that Wright State School of Professional Psychology has extended all offers and contacted those on the wait-list. If you haven't heard anything than you're rejected. Can anyone confirm or deny this? I do not see anywhere on here or gradcafe about any offers/wait-listed, so I don't know where they're seeing that people have received information about that.

Accepted to Washington State University Counseling Psychology program according to the webpage!

Reactions: 1 users
Trying not to feel pressured to start making decisions as I'm not through with interviews yet...But, yay!

I also got accepted to Widener today and am strongly considering going!

Also got accepted to Widener today and I'm serrriously tempted to skip my next 4 (!?) interviews and just accept. Sigh. :) They shouldn't tempt us like this!!

Psych GPA: 4.0; GRE: Q: 158 V: 157 A: 4.0

So far, other than Widener, I've interviewed at Indiana University of Pennsylvania and Wright State. Got wait-listed at Wright. Still have interviews at Roosevelt, FIT, Ferkauf, and LaSalle. My brain might just turn to mush by the end of all of this! At least I'm keeping Air BNB in business. :)

Rejected from U. of Denver, Baylor, Indiana State, and Loyola.

I can deal.

Members don't see this ad :)
Also got accepted to Widener today and I'm serrriously tempted to skip my next 4 (!?) interviews and just accept. Sigh. :) They shouldn't tempt us like this!!

Psych GPA: 4.0; GRE: Q: 158 V: 157 A: 4.0

So far, other than Widener, I've interviewed at Indiana University of Pennsylvania and Wright State. Got wait-listed at Wright. Still have interviews at Roosevelt, FIT, Ferkauf, and LaSalle. My brain might just turn to mush by the end of all of this! At least I'm keeping Air BNB in business. :)

Rejected from U. of Denver, Baylor, Indiana State, and Loyola.

I can deal.
Congrats! I too want to cancel last interview because I am pretty sure I know my first choice but have to have an open mind! I am tired of traveling! I am holding two offers but have no paperwork yet. Turned down all wait lists and two other offers.

Anyone else doing this process while married? On the one hand, having the support is amazing, but now that it's becoming decision time, everything is a joint decision which makes this a little trickier I think, than it would be if I were still single.

Anyone else doing this process while married? On the one hand, having the support is amazing, but now that it's becoming decision time, everything is a joint decision which makes this a little trickier I think, than it would be if I were still single.

I am. It makes it SO hard! Feel free to PM me if you want to vent

I'm married too! I still haven't received offers, but it's driving me crazy thinking about everything that I have to consider! I feel for you.

I'm married too! I still haven't received offers, but it's driving me crazy thinking about everything that I have to consider! I feel for you.
Same here! It's double crazy being married!

I just accepted an offer from Oklahoma State's Counseling Psychology PhD post MA track. It was my #1 based on research so I'm super pumped!!

Psych GPA: 4.0 (undergrad and Masters)
GRE: V 550, Q 680, W 4.0

I cancelled interviews to Univ of Montana and KU so they could invite others/not waste time, and turned down UNT and OU so hopefully that helps out others on the waiting side. Good Luck to everyone!!

Reactions: 3 users
I've seen some people talking about emailing/calling the program to check on the status of their applications. Just wondering, who exactly are you supposed to contact post-interview if you want to check on your status? POI, DCT, someone in an administrative position?

I've seen some people talking about emailing/calling the program to check on the status of their applications. Just wondering, who exactly are you supposed to contact post-interview if you want to check on your status? POI, DCT, someone in an administrative position?
I wouldn't contact anyone post interview. They will certainly be letting you know. Did they give you a tine frame? It's hard waiting but I'd recommend it. If you must, be sure it's your POI.

I wouldn't contact anyone post interview. They will certainly be letting you know. Did they give you a tine frame? It's hard waiting but I'd recommend it. If you must, be sure it's your POI.
I unfortunately forgot to ask about time frame. It's been about 3 weeks. At this point some people have heard back with acceptances and some with rejections, so I feel I may be on the waitlist--and I've heard that politely re-stating your interest in the program is the only thing you can do to improve your chances. I'll wait another half week and send something polite to the POI--I'm also asking because I'm going to be out of town/without internet service for 2 weeks in March.

Can anyone here claim the Northern Illinois University offer on TGC? Would you mind PMing me your POI? Thanks!!

Received an offer for admission from Northern Illinois University on 2/21.
GPA: 4.0 Verbal: 160 Quant: 157 W: 5.0

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users

For those who have been accepted to Widener already, what was your interview date? Thanks!

Wait-list etiquette question... I've been wait-listed at my two top choice programs. I responded to the initial wait-list notification (almost two weeks ago), basically saying "yes, I'd like a spot on the wait-list, please let me know if I can provide further information, etc etc." Can/should I be following up with the POIs or DCT who informed me? I don't want to harass them, but will continuing to assert my interest make a difference? Thoughts/opinions? Thanks and congrats to everyone who has been accepted!!

I accepted an offer from Miami University of Ohio this morning! I am so excited!

Reactions: 4 users
Acceptance to LIU Post by phone on 2/22

Totally tempted to skip La Salle interview at this point...Open mind, open mind.

Has anyone heard back from Catholic University's clinical PhD program?

Hey all, I'd be careful about disclosing where you are headed/where you got offers on this website (particularly if you intend to continue following/using this board/if you've said anything you wouldn't want the program to see/your future program would be displeased about). Probably the best advice you can get right now. Let's just say this is not my first username, as I preferred greater anonymity later into my academic career.

yeah but you can always just get a new account when you move on to grad school

I saw on gradcafe that Wright State School of Professional Psychology has extended all offers and contacted those on the wait-list. If you haven't heard anything than you're rejected. Can anyone confirm or deny this? I do not see anywhere on here or gradcafe about any offers/wait-listed, so I don't know where they're seeing that people have received information about that.

You're not the only one who hasn't heard anything back from Wright State...I'm emailing them tomorrow to find out.

Can anyone claim the post(s) on grad cafe about being accepted to hartford's psyd program? What was your interview date?

I got into University of Hartford. Interviewed 21 and notified 23. Id love any perspective I can get from this school. I'm not sure how I feel about it now but it was my first pick prior to the interview. I'm put off that it doesn't have any on site clinic for that kind of faculty supervised training.

yeah but you can always just get a new account when you move on to grad school
True, but the program will still know it was you :) I've seen people post questionable comments (while applying for my program), which was cause for concern. It's just a friendly reminder, not something you have to follow. But what do I know.. I'm just a 5th year.

Hey all, I'd be careful about disclosing where you are headed/where you got offers on this website (particularly if you intend to continue following/using this board/if you've said anything you wouldn't want the program to see/your future program would be displeased about). Probably the best advice you can get right now. Let's just say this is not my first username, as I preferred greater anonymity later into my academic career.

Last edited:
If you are one of the two people who posted USC acceptances, would you mind PM-ing me with some info? Where was the email from and, if willing, who is your POI?

Thanks, it's my top choice!

Just got a call from Fairleigh Dickinson's Clinical Psych PhD program. They said I would be getting a letter with details about additional funding.

Planning to turn it down unless it is fully funded.

Hi all, does anyone have info on the UCSD/SDSU JDP selection process? I know some applicants in the neuropsychology track heard already but wondering if you know when the other tracks plan to meet/notify? thanks!! :)

Can anyone here claim the Southern Mississippi University Clinical Psychology offer on TGC? Would you mind messaging me your POI? Thanks!