2013-2014 PhD Acceptance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
When making decisions on programs to attend, be sure to look at the program's match rate and EPPP passing rate. This information is incredibly useful, and one of the only benchmarks we have to compare programs (US News is mostly a joke). APPIC website has this information easily available.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Verbal statement of acceptance. Following the advice above from FionaGoode and not saying where so I can actually keep posting on here. Pretty much certain I am going to accept. I can hardly believe it.

Reactions: 1 users
Same here! Verbal offer today at first choice. I'm accepting. Finally done! Two years of stress. Heading for a beer. Best to all!!!

Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Got into Wash U - St. Louis yesterday!

Reactions: 4 users
Just got a call from Fairleigh Dickinson's Clinical Psych PhD program. They said I would be getting a letter with details about additional funding.

Planning to turn it down unless it is fully funded.

Congratulations on the acceptance! Would you happen to know who is doing the calls? Just trying to measure up if I can still expect an acceptance, or have to get used to the idea of having been rejected there... Much appreciated!

Congratulations on the acceptance! Would you happen to know who is doing the calls? Just trying to measure up if I can still expect an acceptance, or have to get used to the idea of having been rejected there... Much appreciated!

Dr. Loeb. I am most likely going to turn down mine (unless the funding is more than the average package). Hopefully I hear soon and maybe you can get my offer!

If the person who posted the Drexel TGC acceptance this morning could PM me I would be very grateful!

Has anyone heard from Northwestern's Clinical Psych PhD program yet???? I know they had interviews last week

Columbia, TC PhD Clinical psych: verbal offer of acceptance from poi 2/27 (yay!!)
Adelphi PhD clinical psych: accepted 2/27
FDU: (clinical psych) Waitlisted 2/26
Cornell Social psych PhD: Accepted 2/26 (yay!!!)
PM me if you want more info on any.

Reactions: 1 user
Can anyone one here claim the Auburn Clinical PhD acceptance on TGC?

Bowling Green State University
Clinical Psychology 2/28/2014!

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone heard from Northwestern Feinberg PhD Clinical Psych?
They have sent out a few offers, and I see a wait list on gradcafe. I think they said in an email that they might still send out offers after this week, though I'm not sure if the email was only for those who interviewed on the 17th

Received PsyD acceptance from:

Wheaton College
Regent University

Also, I was waitlisted at University of Indianapolis, so I am guessing they have extended offers as well.

Anyone willing to claim the UT-Knoxville post on grad cafe? Just wondering who your poi is!

Can anyone claim the wait-list from Southern Miss on TGC? I'm interested in who your POI is

Just got into VCU!! So thrilled. Will be accepting

Just got accepted to Roosevelt University PsyD! So excited!! Now decision time gets super serious!

Accepted to St. John's PsyD in School Psychology! :)

Does anyone know if all Columbia TC clinical psych phd acceptances have gone out? Or has anyone heard about a waitlist?

Can anyone claim the Grad Cafe post about UMSL? Staring at my phone in anticipation of my POI calling doesn't seem to be working as well as I'd hoped.

Congrats to everyone with an offer!

If you want to shave a year off your program, I have some words of wisdom - Delete Facebook and buy a heavy-duty stapler.

Reactions: 5 users
Just got accepted to Roosevelt University PsyD! So excited!! Now decision time gets super serious!
Out of curiosity, did your application status change online? Mine still says pending and the uncertainty is killing me!

Out of curiosity, did your application status change online? Mine still says pending and the uncertainty is killing me!

Yes, it still says: "Pending (Ready for Decision)"

In case anyone is interested - I emailed the graduate assistant at Drexel and I was told we would hear about our admission status in the next few days if we haven't already.

Has anyone heard back from City University Of New York (City College)? Interviewed about a month ago and was told the admissions committee would decide this week.

Anyone willing to claim the acceptance Yeshiva/Ferkauf PhD posts on TGC?

Last edited:
University of Tennessee (Clinical Psychology, PhD)
Accepted on 3/2/14

I will be attending! Anyone else attending this school?

Has anyone heard from George Mason post interview?

Can anyone claim the Yeshiva PsyD acceptance on grad cafe? When did you interview??

Can anyone claim the Yeshiva PsyD acceptance on grad cafe? When did you interview??

That's not my post, but I interviewed there for the school/clinical psyD on Friday 02/20, and got an offer on Monday, 02/24. Hope that helps and good luck to you!

George Fox University Clinical Psychology Psy.D. - Acceptance Offer!
How: Phone
Date: 3/6/2014

Can someone claim the Saint Louis University acceptance on TGC? If so can you message me your POI please?

I got two acceptances and took one offer (not bothering to hear back from the last school I interviewed with). I was accepted by Antioch New England's Psy D program and accepted the offer to University of Indianapolis's Psy D program :) UIndy was a perfect fit, and I fell in love with the people there!

My gpa was only 3.3, but I applied with a year of experience working at an inpatient unit, and several months of experience being a TSS. My psych GRE was 720, and my regulars were: VR- 160, QR- 151, and writing- 4.5.
I'm really happy that some schools saw past my low GPA! I would say the most important factor was the year+ of clinical experience I had.

If anyone has any questions, feel free to send me a PM!

Got accepted to my top choice with funding!

In case anyone is reading all these posts and hasn't yet received an offer(or one they're excited about), taking a year and trying again is not the worst thing that can happen. This is my second go around after receiving nothing but rejections/waitlists last year and I contemplated just giving up. Eventually though, I decided to take that year to better myself and my application profile. In that time I've been able to refocus my research interests, improve my GRE scores, and gain valuable work experience that vastly improved my standing relative to my previous profile.

Don't give up kids!