2013-2014 PhD Acceptance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I was just accepted to UMKC for the Counseling Psychology, Ph.D program as a post-Bachelors . My POI called me. Message me if interested in who is my POI.

I also interviewed with UCSB, OSU, and TC (all Counseling Psychology, Ph.D). Was also accepted at OSU and I'm waiting to hear back from them UCSB and TC.

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone heard from Palo Alto Stanford consortium psyD program post interview?

Has anyone heard from Palo Alto Stanford consortium psyD program post interview?

Yes, I heard back with an acceptance via a phone call on Wednesday, and am strongly considering attending.

Is anyone else accepting or thinking of going?

Members don't see this ad :)
Wichita State University
Clinical Psychology
Notification date: 3/8/2014
DCT called

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone here heard from Auburn (Clinical Psych) post interview? Can anyone claim the TGC post from Feb 27th? Thanks.

Reactions: 1 user
Rosalind Franklin University
Clinical Psychology PhD
Notification date: 3/9/14
POI Contacted

I'm so excited I could cry! It only takes one and it was a great fit. I'm so humbled.

I emailed Fordham and they said they will have decisions by the end of this week/beginning of next week if anyone's interested - please PM me if know anything else about Fordham!

Has anyone here heard from Auburn (Clinical Psych) post interview? Can anyone claim the TGC post from Feb 27th? Thanks.
I haven't heard from them post interview. It has been so long!

It has been long! I was there for the initial interview on Feb 15th and I know they were rescheduling other interviews for those who couldn't make it, but still, I thought by now I would at least hear something. Good to know I'm not the only one waiting

Sam Houston State University Clinical Psych Ph.D. program. DCT called this morning with admissions offer and stipend. I will most likely be accepting the offer because I loved the program! If anyone else has heard from them, feel free to PM me so we can chat! Good luck everyone! Oh, my GPA is 3.8 UG and 4.0 Grad. and GRE was not that great, 157v and 151q; 720 psych with a little over a year of research experience that I think helped me out.
I was wait-listed at Sam Houston, but am crossing my fingers still since this was my top choice! Hopefully Ill have an acceptance to add on here soon ;)

Accepted to Louisiana State University.
Clinical Psychology PhD.
E-mail from POI on 3/10/14.
This is my top choice and I am accepting!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted to university of Denver (DU) psyD
Email
3/11/14
So ecstatic right now!!!!!
Anyone else accepted and going to DU?

Last edited:
Can anyone claim or clarify the post on gradcafe saying that some initial offers for Catholic have been sent out?

I did not post it there but I did get a call from my POI on Monday. I was told that some professors have extended offers since they had ongoing funding. Some are waiting on additional funding packages. They should make rest of the decisions by late next week. You should reach out to your POI if they have not contacted you for updates yet.

Thanks for the speedy reply. Okay, my PI did get in contact with me for an update a little while ago so I guess I'll just hold tight with my fingers crossed.

Accepted by University of Cincinnati for Clinical PhD.

Really excited!!

Can anyone claim the Loyola University acceptances or waitlists on GC? Please PM me your POI if so! Thanks.

Was just offered early acceptance to the Wright Institute PsyD, but I will be turning it down.

Considering their match and pass rates, definitely a good move.

Yeah. It was very nice, and I really liked my interviewer, but between the match and pass rates and astronomical cohort size, it just isn't the best option for me.

Is the Curry school finished extending invitations? Saw a post on TGC...

Accepted to Hofstra School-Community Psy.D! Possibly accepting.

If anyone has heard back from Miami University or Ohio University for their Clinical Psychology Ph.D. could you please PM your POI and whether or not you plan to accept. Thanks, and congrats to all those accepted.

So... I don't want to further bum out all the people still waiting, but is this a good space to announce our decisions and maybe connect with other future members of our cohorts? Or should I start a new thread? (Relatedly: is anyone else interested in that idea?)

So... I don't want to further bum out all the people still waiting, but is this a good space to announce our decisions and maybe connect with other future members of our cohorts? Or should I start a new thread? (Relatedly: is anyone else interested in that idea?)

I would be interested. I think a fresh thread would be the way to go.

Hopefully enough people will be willing to post as it seems everyone is growing conservative with what they reveal...

Below is the link for the new thread, for those that are interested. Best of luck to everyone still waiting or agonizing over their decision; see you in a few years as we all tear our hair out over internships!

2014 PhD/PsyD New Cohort Thread

Anyone get wait listed or rejected post-interview at LIU Brooklyn? I saw on TGC that acceptances went out but no word on wait list or rejected status- and my online application still says "under departmental review"

thank you!

I hadn't heard anything from them until Friday when I called them. I was told that I wasn't admitted into the program. She was surprised that I hadn't received the letter in the mail. I'd call them if I were you. I hope you hear better news than I did :)

Quick question--When should you contact a program regarding status? Its been one month since interview. Is contacting the DCT before April 1st appropriate or should I wait it out and assume I've been wailtisted/rejected? I recieved an offer from another university, but, the school I'm waiting to hear from is my first choice. Thanks.

Quick question--When should you contact a program regarding status? Its been one month since interview. Is contacting the DCT before April 1st appropriate or should I wait it out and assume I've been wailtisted/rejected? I recieved an offer from another university, but, the school I'm waiting to hear from is my first choice. Thanks.

I've contacted DCTs or POIs and they've been very understanding. If it's been a month I think you're clear to send an email.

If you're wait listed for a program, is there an appropriate way to email the university to touch base? Or is this just considered taboo...

FDUphd , accepted off of waitlist....
LIUphd just got waitlisted..

To the individual with the acceptance from Indiana...Is this Indiana Bloomington? If so any chance you would be willing to PM your POI?

I also got wait listed at LIU today :wideyed: one of my top choices! I hope there is a possibility of acceptance

When I was waitlisted years ago, I got a call from my DCT on April 6th that I had a spot. I had long accepted that I wouldn't get in that year and had started planning accordingly, so that call was a rather pleasant surprise. So while I don't want to get your hopes up too high, there is still a possibility of acceptance. Good luck!

Can anyone claim the gradcafe acceptances to Catholic and either post or pm me their POI?

I was accepted to LIU Post PsyD on 2/20. It's a good second choice for me. I've interviewed at Wright State and Rutgers GSAPP as well. Rejected by Wright, wait listed for Rutgers. They're my top choice, so being on the regular wait list bums me out. I wonder what my chances are.

164 verbal, 155 math, 6.0 writing

740 Psych GRE.

3.6 GPA, 3.9 subject GPA.

Two years of child psychiatry research with conduct disorder, suicide phone counseling as well. Been working in a psychiatric emergency room for almost two years now. I work in Jersey, so Rutgers would also be very convenient.

Trying to keep my hopes up.

I was accepted into the Pacific University PsyD program. It was my first choice and I will be attending the program in Fall 2014.

Last edited:
I will probably be attending Nova Southeastern for their PhD program - the mentor that I will have there is someone who's work I have cited a lot in my current thesis work (undergrad), and we seriously hit it off during interviews! If anyone else is going for this program feel free to contact me! It might be nice to get to know each other before classes start :D

Good luck to everyone!

If you're wait listed for a program, is there an appropriate way to email the university to touch base? Or is this just considered taboo...
I'm not sure for waitlist - as long as you're not pestering, I suppose an email every 2-3 weeks is ok?

I reached the point, post-interview, where I didn't care - I just wanted to know if I was rejected or on an unofficial waitlist...so I emailed them. It was so liberating!

Does anyone know if all Columbia TC clinical psych phd acceptances have gone out? Or has anyone heard about a waitlist?

I havent heard back from them at all so I am assuming that I am rejected but waiting for the official rejection. Do you (or anyone else) know when they will be sending out rejection letters?

I havent heard back from them at all so I am assuming that I am rejected but waiting for the official rejection. Do you (or anyone else) know when they will be sending out rejection letters?
I was notified that I was admitted to the Master's program at Columbia TC via the website this morning - I had NO contact with them after submitting my application and had assumed I was rejected, so I was pleasantly surprised to see the acceptance! Not sure what to do with it, as I'm waitlisted at two other PhD programs. I just want April 15th to be here!

I will probably be attending Nova Southeastern for their PhD program - the mentor that I will have there is someone who's work I have cited a lot in my current thesis work (undergrad), and we seriously hit it off during interviews! If anyone else is going for this program feel free to contact me! It might be nice to get to know each other before classes start :D

Good luck to everyone!

Congratulations on your acceptance to Nova's PhD program! I also attended their interview day back in February but I am waiting to hear back. They have already accepted me into their PsyD, which I will accept if I don't make it into their PhD program. I just want to receive a letter in the mail so I know for sure. I'm in limbo right now. :confused:

Quick question: Are schools required to give you their decision on April 1st (especially if it a place where you interviewed)? Thank you!