2013-2014 PhD Acceptance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Quick question: Are schools required to give you their decision on April 1st (especially if it a place where you interviewed)? Thank you!

To the best of my knowledge, no. April first is the deadline for initial offers; that is, I don't believe there is anything mandating they tell you your application status (e.g. waitlisted, rejected, etc.).

However, you can reasonably assume after today that you haven't been given an initial offer. So you are either waitlisted or rejected.

Members don't see this ad.

To the best of my knowledge, no. April first is the deadline for initial offers; that is, I don't believe there is anything mandating they tell you your application status (e.g. waitlisted, rejected, etc.).

However, you can reasonably assume after today that you haven't been given an initial offer. So you are either waitlisted or rejected.

Okay great, thank you!

Members don't see this ad :)
I was notified that I was admitted to the Master's program at Columbia TC via the website this morning - I had NO contact with them after submitting my application and had assumed I was rejected, so I was pleasantly surprised to see the acceptance! Not sure what to do with it, as I'm waitlisted at two other PhD programs. I just want April 15th to be here!
The TC Masters program is a great stepping stone. Same experience (with the acceptance to the MA, etc) when I got mine too, 4 years ago!

Better late than never!
Accepted for Clinical PhD at University of South Florida :)

Reactions: 2 users