2013 - 2014 Psychology PhD/PsyD Interview Invite thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anybody else have an interview Feb.18th at Adler School of Professional Psychology?What time is your interview? I have an interview that day, but I don't know what time my interview is, my confirmation email only specifies the date.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi all. Anyone here also interviewing at University of Utah on 2/20-2/21? If so, have you heard back about student housing yet? I know it's an extremely complicated process to arrange housing for all applicants but I'm getting a little worried that I haven't heard back about this...

Hi all. Anyone here also interviewing at University of Utah on 2/20-2/21? If so, have you heard back about student housing yet? I know it's an extremely complicated process to arrange housing for all applicants but I'm getting a little worried that I haven't heard back about this...

I was just about to ask this! I'm interviewing the following weekend and haven't heard anything either. I asked last week again and was told that they're working on it. Best of luck to you!:)

I contacted Utah wrt housing and they informed me it was settled and they would have details for me shortly. So I'm guessing Monday/Tuesday this week they'll tell us all?

I was just about to ask this! I'm interviewing the following weekend and haven't heard anything either. I asked last week again and was told that they're working on it. Best of luck to you!:)
I contacted Utah wrt housing and they informed me it was settled and they would have details for me shortly. So I'm guessing Monday/Tuesday this week they'll tell us all?
Thanks for the info! And best of luck to the both of you!

Teachers college emailed back: "The Clinical PhD program is continuing to review applications and interview invitations will go out through the end of this week. Interview invitations will be sent directly from the program. "

Did anyone on here get an invite this week? I didn't see anything on TGC either. Only Counseling.

Here's a question: if you're not invited to interview, is there any possibility of making waitlist?
(esp. for clinical programs)

Here's a question: if you're not invited to interview, is there any possibility of making waitlist?
(esp. for clinical programs)
I'd have to say nothing is impossible. With that said, this is highly unlikely. There is the slight chance that of the 4-8 highly qualified candidates that are invited for an interview, all of them aren't what the professor is looking for. If that happens, someone who wasn't initially rejected may be invited to come to the program (to interview with another round of applicants), or a phone/skype interview may follow.

The waitlist comes after an interview of some sort, so you'd most likely be in contact with your POI prior to rejoining the waiting game. If the program conducts interviews (some don't) for the most part it is a necessary step in entering the program.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
School Name: Teachers College- Columbia U.
Date Interview Invite Received: 2/17/2014
Degree: PhD
Type: Clinical
Notified via: Email
Interview Date: 2/25/2014
Additional Info:

Reactions: 3 users
School Name: Teachers College- Columbia U.
Date Interview Invite Received: 2/17/2014
Degree: PhD
Type: Clinical
Notified via: Email
Interview Date: 2/25/2014
Additional Info:
Who is your POI? Congrats!

Reactions: 1 users
Has anybody heard from Boston University...either clinical or counseling???

Hi there! Is anyone willing to claim the PGSP-Stanford Consortium acceptance? I would so appreciate if you could PM me or post with the details of how they contacted you and what your interview date was. Thank you :)

Hi there! Is anyone willing to claim the PGSP-Stanford Consortium acceptance? I would so appreciate if you could PM me or post with the details of how they contacted you and what your interview date was. Thank you :)

If you're out there, I'm also curious! And congratulations!!!

Does anybody know if all the Columbia TC interview invitations were sent now? :cryi:

Does anybody know if all the Columbia TC interview invitations were sent now? :cryi:

I'm wondering the same thing! I didn't get an invite today :(
I'm hopeful that we'll be invited to a second interview day! It's actually unusual that the invites are being sent out a week before the actual interview day.

I'm wondering the same thing! I didn't get an invite today :(
I'm hopeful that we'll be invited to a second interview day! It's actually unusual that the invites are being sent out a week before the actual interview day.
All invites are sent out and there is no second interview day. Good luck.

Anyone hear from Rosalind Franklin last week besides monday? Interview date is supposedly in two Fridays and no word yet...

Can anyone who has been accepted to the University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa PM their POI?

I know several applicants have received their decision but I'm still in the dark about mine. Congrats to everyone who got the news that they were hoping for!

Has anybody heard from Boston University...either clinical or counseling???
I received a package in the mail saying I was not accepted for the Counseling Psychology Ph.D program but that they were offering me entrance for their MA program.

Really??? I have not even heard anything and I sent an email and they said to keep checking my email....

but congrats! I guess if that is what you are good with!?!
!

Really??? I have not even heard anything and I sent an email and they said to keep checking my email....
Haha, thank you. For what I heard, their MA program is pretty good. I did receive an acceptance for a Ph.D program (and still waiting to interview and hear back from others), so I don't think I will be accepting the offer.
Are you waiting to hear back from Boston after interviewing?

I received a package in the mail saying I was not accepted for the Counseling Psychology Ph.D program but that they were offering me entrance for their MA program.

Just to clarify, are you talking about Boston College or Boston University? I received the same package for BC but I know tink789 is asking about BU.

On another note, isn't it very short notice for Teachers college to have an interview day on the 25? I know it's going to be very difficult for me to make it there...there's definitely no alternate date?

Haha, thank you. For what I heard, their MA program is pretty good. I did receive an acceptance for a Ph.D program (and still waiting to interview and hear back from others), so I don't think I will be accepting the offer.
Are you waiting to hear back from Boston after interviewing?
oh really that is sooo awesome!!! which phD program if you don't mind me asking?

Just to clarify, are you talking about Boston College or Boston University? I received the same package for BC but I know tink789 is asking about BU.

On another note, isn't it very short notice for Teachers college to have an interview day on the 25? I know it's going to be very difficult for me to make it there...there's definitely no alternate date?
Opps! Thanks for noting that! I meant Boston College.

Regarding TC, I'm going to the interview for Counseling Psych (2/27). The email didn't mention alternatives to the original interview, so I'm guessing they do not favor that, but you could ask. Since I have another interview the following day, I had to pay a flight change fee in order to add a flight to NY :/

I've not heard anything official from BU's counseling psych either way and really wouldn't mind a little communication from them. Thanks for posting the update about checking the email Tink - it's appreciated!

~AB

I've not heard anything official from BU's counseling psych either way and really wouldn't mind a little communication from them. Thanks for posting the update about checking the email Tink - it's appreciated!

~AB
No problem .... I know what you mean!

Reactions: 1 user
If anyone was wondering to hear from Pace, I just got an interview invite this morning. Only problem is, the interview is scheduled for this Friday...

well i assume they have other days, but based on the email, i feel like this is their main one. the email talked about not being able to make the times on that day, and didn't mention other days. i'm just going to go for this one, even though it might be a bit of a hassle.

I know Rutgers sent out a previous round of invites on the 5th (friend of mine got it), so it seems like they're sending them out in waves. Furthermore, someone on TGC said the website listed them as rejected, so if the website still says "no decision," as mine does, it would seem you're still in contention.

I learned my lesson after assuming PGSP-Stanford had rejected me and then finally getting the invite a couple days ago. :)

Has your rutgers psyd status changed on the website yet? I keep checking mine and it still says no decision. But I'm getting nervous because interview day is Monday! Input from anyone else would be helpful too!

Has your rutgers psyd status changed on the website yet? I keep checking mine and it still says no decision. But I'm getting nervous because interview day is Monday! Input from anyone else would be helpful too!
Hey! I also am going to the interview this Monday- I am assuming it still says "no decision" because they want to interview us before deciding! (There prob isn't an "interview" decision, just accepted, waitlisted or declined)

See you soon!

Mine still says no decision too. So frustrating!

I called them this morning and they said they'll be sending invites throughout the week so maybe they have multiple interview days?

I'm hoping they do because I already committed to another interview that day across the country...

Hey! I also am going to the interview this Monday- I am assuming it still says "no decision" because they want to interview us before deciding! (There prob isn't an "interview" decision, just accepted, waitlisted or declined)

See you soon!

Did you receive an email from them though? I haven't received anything. But it also doesn't say declined. So strange! Anyone else with this situation?

Still "no decision." :p if anyone calls to ask them for an update can you post the response here?

Has anyone from Illinois gotten a Roosevelt U PsyD interview invite?