2013-2014 Rosalind Franklin University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Can anyone direct me to the 2014 Match List? I cannot seem to find it on the website. Also, does anyone know any information on the USMLE pass rates/scores for this past year?

Definitely something to e-mail the admissions office about. [email protected] .

Members don't see this ad.

I just got in, 2:30 EST on 6/6. 30 (9/10/11), 3.40 sGPA, 3.47 overall, non-trad w/PhD.

Can someone tell me all about when we're going there and forms and OMG.

Congratulations!

Also got accepted today! Interviewed 1/8. MCAT 29 (9/10/10) 3.52 science, 3.6 total. Only acceptance. Good luck everyone. There's still a chance!

And to you too!

I was put on the waiting list on May 9th. Again today, I just received a waiting list email....!!!!! I don't know if it is a mistake or they are just reminding me that I am on the waiting list. Did anybody receive the waiting list email again?

Members don't see this ad :)
I was put on the waiting list on May 9th. Again today, I just received a waiting list email....!!!!! I don't know if it is a mistake or they are just reminding me that I am on the waiting list. Did anybody receive the waiting list email again?

I received the wait list email too again today. So, I do think that it was a mass email to all those waitlisted. The dream lives on :D

Reactions: 1 user
I received the wait list email too again today. So, I do think that it was a mass email to all those waitlisted. The dream lives on :D

My heart skipped a beat when I saw the subject... I guess they probably just send a monthly status email to let us know we're still on the waitlist

My heart skipped a beat when I saw the subject... I guess they probably just send a monthly status email to let us know we're still on the waitlist

HAHAHAHA SAME HERE!!! I almost had a heart attack…thought I got a seat….LOL

Just received a follow up email for the waitlist email yesterday which was nice of them. Historically 10-15% of the the final class comes from the waitlist and according to the email it's a relatively small list. Keeping the hope alive although I just got booted from USC's waitlist

Reactions: 1 users
Just received a follow up email for the waitlist email yesterday which was nice of them. Historically 10-15% of the the final class comes from the waitlist and according to the email it's a relatively small list. Keeping the hope alive although I just got booted from USC's waitlist
me tooo

No waitlist movement?? If anyone is withdrwaing their acceptance from CMS, I'd highly appreciate if they could let us know here so the waitlist people can get the idea of when the waitlist movement will occur. Also if anyone gets an acceptance off the waitlist, could you please let us know here? I'm hoping to get off the waitlist and any information would help me a lot. Thank you!!

Not that it'll really change anything, but do you guys think that the waitlist update email means... They accept 10-15% of the final matriculants off the waitlist (~20) or 10-15% of the waitlist (which I'd imagine is a lot smaller than the total class size). It sounds like the former to me but an earlier year's thread mentioned that it was 10% of the waitlist.

"Historically we have needed to take up to 10-15% of the final matriculants from this list during the months of June, July and early August."

Not that it'll really change anything, but do you guys think that the waitlist update email means... They accept 10-15% of the final matriculants off the waitlist (~20) or 10-15% of the waitlist (which I'd imagine is a lot smaller than the total class size). It sounds like the former to me but an earlier year's thread mentioned that it was 10% of the waitlist.

"Historically we have needed to take up to 10-15% of the final matriculants from this list during the months of June, July and early August."
Confirmed with Dr.Knott that it means 10 to 15% of the final marticulants (so out of total class size of 190, 20 to 30). He even mentioned it means (historically) 20 to 30 people during June, July, and August.

Members don't see this ad :)
-

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Hopefully there will be some movement this week....

I hope so too... this waiting is killing me softly...

Just got accepted guys... I almost passed out!!!!!

Reactions: 6 users
Just got accepted guys... I almost passed out!!!!!
Can you also give us ur skool background and where you are residing at? Asking this question since RFU said they want to balance out the applicants background when deciding waitlist admission….so just want to see if you have similar background info as me…thanks in advance and congrats…I have 1 month left until i run out of hope for myself.. :)

I received the acceptance email at 5:05 PM today on 6/26/2014. My stats are: GPA 3.89, MCAT 27- non traditional. I currently reside in Ohio, I went to college in Ohio. DHO209, hang in there... there is definitely hope.... I hope I gave you guys all you asked. I am super excited... FYI I am an international student... so there is hope... hang in there

Last edited:
Hi guys, anybody applying for private loans? kindly give me some tips.

I received the acceptance email at 5:05 PM today on 6/26/2014. My stats are: GPA 3.89, MCAT 27- non traditional. I currently reside in Ohio, I went to college in Ohio. DHO209, hang in there... there is definitely hope.... I hope I gave you guys all you asked. I am super excited... FYI I am an international student... so there is hope... hang in there

Thanks for the info and congrats again! I hope there will be a lot more movement, and we all know soon!

Hi guys, anybody applying for private loans? kindly give me some tips.

You should look at Sallie Mae (5.75% fixed), Discover (5.94% fixed), or Wells Fargo (6.24% fixed), all of which have no origination/loan fees unlike the Federal Graduate Loans (6.21% unsubsidized & 7.21% GradPlus) which have additional origination/loan fees (1.073% for unsubsidized + 4.292% for GradPlus).

I just withdrew my acceptance today. I really loved the school, but I was recently accepted to my top choice school. I hope my spot goes to one of you guys!

Reactions: 2 users
Hi guys,
I got off the waitlist recently and would appreciate any recommendations for housing. Ive checked craigslist and the housing forum and have requested to join the facebook group. Thanks!

Hi guys,
I got off the waitlist recently and would appreciate any recommendations for housing. Ive checked craigslist and the housing forum and have requested to join the facebook group. Thanks!

Hey @nice_eagle777 , can you let us know when did you get off the waitlist? Thanks.

Hi, I'm looking for a roommate at Woodlands. They said they still have 2Bd/1Bth apartments available. Please message me if you are also looking for a roommate. Male, very clean and don't own a pet and don't smoke. Thanks!

Hi guys, for the international students... did any of you able to obtain private loans without a cosigner? from which company? please advice, this loan thing is killing me...

Hi guys, for the international students... did any of you able to obtain private loans without a cosigner? from which company? please advice, this loan thing is killing me...

Unfortunately, for international students, it's hard to get private loans unless one has a cosigner who is a credit-worthy US citizen. This is one of the major haul international students (like myself) have to deal with when applying to medical schools.

The only other way of securing a loan is through your government. This works best for those in Canada. The worst case scenario is that one could defer and figure all that out in the gap year. However, the institution has to approve that reason for deferment. It's sad the current "status-quo" when it comes to international students and finance.

I wish you all the best with all your endeavor and that it all works out.

Don't think anyone really checks this anymore but anyone else still looking for a roommate? Can't get access to the FB group since I think the person in charge in on vacation

Unfortunately, for international students, it's hard to get private loans unless one has a cosigner who is a credit-worthy US citizen. This is one of the major haul international students (like myself) have to deal with when applying to medical schools.

The only other way of securing a loan is through your government. This works best for those in Canada. The worst case scenario is that one could defer and figure all that out in the gap year. However, the institution has to approve that reason for deferment. It's sad the current "status-quo" when it comes to international students and finance.

I wish you all the best with all your endeavor and that it all works out.
Thank you so much... I hope for the best too... My government is too poor to provide for her citizens... and too corrupt...to help the deserving... have tried... I guess I am on my own...I don't know if I should laugh or cry.. or do both... LOL

just declined my acceptance...hope it goes out to one of you guys :)

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone else still on the waitlist get the updated email from Dr. Knott? Looks like there isn't much hope for those of us still left. Just praying for good news any day now. :(

Anyone else still on the waitlist get the updated email from Dr. Knott? Looks like there isn't much hope for those of us still left. Just praying for good news any day now. :(

A BMS student I know just got in off the waitlist a few days ago I think. So all hope isn't gone just yet!

A BMS student I know just got in off the waitlist a few days ago I think. So all hope isn't gone just yet!

Thanks! Former BMS student here as well. All I can do now is hope for best.

Finally just got my acceptance email at 3:49PM CST! This a lifelong dream come true!!!! I'm in total shock and tears right now! :DD

Last edited:
Finally just got my acceptance email at 3:49PM CST! This a lifelong dream come true!!!! I'm in total shock and tears right now! :DD

Down to the wire! Feel free to send a PM if you need any last minute advice on the school or area; it can be overwhelming to get in late, so feel free to lean on your fellow students a little.