2013-2014 Saint Louis University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Accepted today!!! Second time applicant. Was waitlisted last cycle. Received a call 09/09 saying that I didn't have to interview this cycle based on my interview last cycle. After one cycle of heartache I'm finally in!

Great to hear! Congrats!

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone interviewed with Dr.Perman? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks! (You can PM me)

Members don't see this ad :)
Is there anyone else with an early interview who hasn't heard anything yet?

Is there anyone else with an early interview who hasn't heard anything yet?

Does 9/17 count as early? I thought my interview went very well, but maybe there's some other aspect of my application SLU isn't too excited about. There's still plenty of time for an acceptance, though.

Accepted today!!! Second time applicant. Was waitlisted last cycle. Received a call 09/09 saying that I didn't have to interview this cycle based on my interview last cycle. After one cycle of heartache I'm finally in!

Exact same thing happened to me! Feels amazing!

Congrats!!! When were you complete?

Last edited:
Congrats!!! When where you complete?

My application was certified 9/26, so I think that is also the "Complete" date but I never received an email saying I was officially complete so I'm gonna go with that date haha

Just scheduled my interview! What's the scoop on the interview? What should I expect and how should I prepare? Super excited to be considered by this awesome school :)

Members don't see this ad :)
4.0/34 IS

Complete: 9/23
II: 10/17
IA: 10/29

:love:

4.0/34 IS

Complete: 9/23
II: 10/17
IA: 10/29

:love:

Dang it! I guess I didn't make it this II batch. Congrats everyone! Let us know what interview dates you were assigned/selected.

Did you guys with IIs see any kind of status change before your II? I was complete around the same time (committee letter was uploaded on 9/24 after I had already submitted my secondary on the 9th) and my application status still says "The Committee on Admissions will review your application and notify you when a decision is made." Any input would be helpful :)

Oh, and congrats!!

Congrats to the people with interviews! I was completed 09/11, looks like I've been passed yet once again.

Congrats to the people with interviews! I was completed 09/11, looks like I've been passed yet once again.

I'm in the same boat. Just remember there is plenty of time left. I was complete 9/16 so I don't expect an II until later.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

II on 10/17! Interview appointment on 11/25. Anyone else going this day?

Congrats to all of the acceptances! I have my interview here coming up in two weeks, my first one! Really excited. II 10/1, complete early september (9/6 I think). I've hard the interview's are pretty laid back and straightforward, can anyone else comment on their experiences? Also, does anyone have any experience with Dr. Perman as their interviewer? Feel free to PM me.

No II yet.. But I got this in the email today. Are they trolling? I got so excited...

Saint Louis University School of Medicine encourages applications from students who have achieved a high level of academic performance and who manifest in their personal lives those human qualities compatible with a career of service to society. The Universitys mission statement affirms the value of a diverse educational environment to prepare students for life and work in a global society. Beyond the important objective of training competent physicians who are scholars of human biology, the School strives to graduate physicians who manifest in their personal and professional lives an appreciation for ethical and professional attitudes that reflect the Jesuit spirit and values, and affect the physicians interactions with patients and colleagues, and with society.

I'm withdrawing my application and cancelling my interview here. I hope that my spot goes to one of you! Good luck :luck:

No II yet.. But I got this in the email today. Are they trolling? I got so excited...

Saint Louis University School of Medicine encourages applications from students who have achieved a high level of academic performance and who manifest in their personal lives those human qualities compatible with a career of service to society. The Universitys mission statement affirms the value of a diverse educational environment to prepare students for life and work in a global society. Beyond the important objective of training competent physicians who are scholars of human biology, the School strives to graduate physicians who manifest in their personal and professional lives an appreciation for ethical and professional attitudes that reflect the Jesuit spirit and values, and affect the physicians interactions with patients and colleagues, and with society.

I was just coming here to post the EXACT same thing hahah. My heart jumped to my throat when I saw it was from SLUSOM! Then I was just confused. :p Here's hoping they just sent the wrong automated email and that was supposed to be an interview invite!

I was just coming here to post the EXACT same thing hahah. My heart jumped to my throat when I saw it was from SLUSOM! Then I was just confused. :p Here's hoping they just sent the wrong automated email and that was supposed to be an interview invite!

Lol, that's a good way to think about it... I just have no idea why they would send this to people that are complete

I got that email too- but I haven't applied to SLU- should I add it or is that just a mass email they sent out to get my money?

My application has been complete for about a month and I didn't get this email. :scared:

I'm sure this means nothing. I got it after I submitted my secondary and haven't received an II.

I got that email too- but I haven't applied to SLU- should I add it or is that just a mass email they sent out to get my money?
Guys, I've gotten emails like that from many schools, ones I applied to and didn't. They just want to advertise themselves. SLU is a good school, so if you want to, you should def apply, but do not do it just because of the email, it is not a guarantee of anything :D.

Also, SLU tells you in the subject line if its real news (e.g., interview invite or acceptance) so that we, nervous premeds, do not need to undergo an anxiety attack while opening/reading the email :).

Congrats to all of the acceptances! I have my interview here coming up in two weeks, my first one! Really excited. II 10/1, complete early september (9/6 I think). I've hard the interview's are pretty laid back and straightforward, can anyone else comment on their experiences? Also, does anyone have any experience with Dr. Perman as their interviewer? Feel free to PM me.

Interviews are almost always laid back. A few people have reported being "grilled" by their interviewer, but some of these people were also accepted despite feeling like they bombed it. I wouldn't worry about it though, the whole interview day is very chill, including the interview. I'd just make sure you know what you want to say to the common questions such as "why medicine" and "why slu."

Anyone have any idea when the next round of acceptances will come out?

Guys, I've gotten emails like that from many schools, ones I applied to and didn't. They just want to advertise themselves. SLU is a good school, so if you want to, you should def apply, but do not do it just because of the email, it is not a guarantee of anything :D.

Also, SLU tells you in the subject line if its real news (e.g., interview invite or acceptance) so that we, nervous premeds, do not need to undergo an anxiety attack while opening/reading the email :).

I usually just get advertising emails from Caribbean schools and/or Army stuff, never from US schools... so when I saw an email from a school I actually applied to (especially because I have yet to receive an interview invitation), I got really excited. :p

Thanks for posting this... I just received the same email, although I've already submitted the secondary! Was a bit worried this was some sort of sideways rejection

Here's the email I received:

Dear Prospective Applicant,

Saint Louis University School of Medicine encourages applications from students who have achieved a high level of academic performance...[edited out for brevity]
St. Louis, MO 63104

I got the same email today.. smh. Such a disappointment..better than getting rejected though!

Anyone been rejected/ waitlisted post interview yet?

Last edited:
II on 10/17! Interview appointment on 11/25. Anyone else going this day?

I'm on that day too :) Hopefully all the interviewers are in a great mood since it's the week of Thanksgiving :p

I'm in the same boat as you - interviewed and waitlisted last year. I'm just now getting my apps in though. How long after you got your secondary in did they call you? CONGRATS!

This is crazy - I interviewed on 9/17 and thought it went really well, but heard back nothing last week. Today, I uploaded an update letter on the secondary website, and almost immediately (like within 2 minutes) received an acceptance email. I thought for sure the email was just a generic "Update received" confirmation message, but nope! Yay SLU!!!

Reactions: 1 user
I got the same email today.. smh. Such a disappointment..better than getting rejected though!
I got this message today also

Dear Prospective Applicant,

Saint Louis University School of Medicine encourages applications from students who have achieved etc, etc....

Accepted today! So excited!

Interviewed on 10/7.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Just accepted! Via email, interviewed 9/17.

Reactions: 1 users