2013-2014 Stanford University Waitlist Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

oceanmist

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Best of luck to all who have decided to remain on the waitlist at Stanford! Hopefully through this thread we can update each other or share relevant information pertaining to waitlist movement.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey guys I got the call this morning from Garcia! I just wanted to let you all know that they seem to be working through from the earliest interview days

Posted using SDN Mobile

Reactions: 4 users
Hey guys I got the call this morning from Garcia! I just wanted to let you all know that they seem to be working through from the earliest interview days

Posted using SDN Mobile
You mean you got accepted? Major congrats!

Members don't see this ad :)

Posted using SDN Mobile

Congratulationssss!

Congrats!!! Do you mind my asking when you interviewed? Did Dean Garcia tell you how long you have to accept?

I interviewed in October and I have about a week to decide!

Posted using SDN Mobile

Reactions: 1 users

Posted using SDN Mobile

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

I got into the MD program as well yesterday morning!! Interviewed in Jan.

Reactions: 3 users

Posted using SDN Mobile
Congrats! You must be in the top of the waiting list! Did you update them? By email or call? Did they reply your email? Thx.

Congrats! You must be in the top of the waiting list! Did you update them? By email or call? Did they reply your email? Thx.

I did send an update back in December and they responded about two weeks later confirming receipt of my update

Posted using SDN Mobile

I did send an update back in December and they responded about two weeks later confirming receipt of my update

Posted using SDN Mobile

That's good to know, thanks. I sent one last week but never got a reply.

That's good to know, thanks. I sent one last week but never got a reply.

Someone else messaged me with the same issue. I wouldn't worry about it at all as this is the busiest time for them. Before my interview I was emailing them for confirming etc and they never responded to those either.

Posted using SDN Mobile

Congratulations on the recent acceptees! I posted this in the regular thread, but I'm wondering if anyone sent in a pure "letter of interest" post-interview? Their website only says that updates are acceptable. For those of you who did send in updates, did you only write about things that you didn't mention during the interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations on the recent acceptees! I posted this in the regular thread, but I'm wondering if anyone sent in a pure "letter of interest" post-interview? Their website only says that updates are acceptable. For those of you who did send in updates, did you only write about things that you didn't mention during the interview?

I wrote an update letter and an intent letter as one, and I updated them on mostly awards, thesis, and research publications/presentations since my interview date (I just graduated yesterday so I filled them in on the rush of stuff towards the end of senior year)

Hey guys! I was accepted off of Stanford's waitlist yesterday!!!!!!!!!

I will definitely be matriculating!!!!

is-this-real-life.jpg

Reactions: 5 users

is-this-real-life.jpg
Did you get a good financial aid award package?

Posted using SDN Mobile

Did you get a good financial aid award package?

Posted using SDN Mobile

I actually haven't heard from financial aid yet. In the acceptance letter they said to call them about the SUNetID, which I did, but I had to leave a message and I haven't gotten a response. How long did it take you?

is-this-real-life.jpg
Congrats! Did you get a phone call as well or just the letter?

Just out of curiosity, did everybody's Waitlist letter state that they would know when the admission season ends in June? Mine did, but I interviewed at the end of March, so I was just wondering if some letters from earlier in the interview season said May.

Just out of curiosity, did everybody's Waitlist letter state that they would know when the admission season ends in June? Mine did, but I interviewed at the end of March, so I was just wondering if some letters from earlier in the interview season said May.
Yea, mine did too and I interviewed late last year.

Question though, were we supposed to respond to the WL letter?

Yea, mine did too and I interviewed late last year.

Question though, were we supposed to respond to the WL letter?

I never did. I think they assume that they just maintain their own WL. We would have gotten an interview link with like "yes maintain spot" or "no withdraw" if it had been a response kind of thing I think.

I never did. I think they assume that they just maintain their own WL. We would have gotten an interview link with like "yes maintain spot" or "no withdraw" if it had been a response kind of thing I think.
Cool because I want to withdraw but I don't know how hahah. Their admissions office doesn't respond to anything lol. Oh well.

I would really like this wait to be over and have a final answer now haha

I would really like this wait to be over and have a final answer now haha

I don't think it is, since I still haven't gotten any post-interview correspondence yet...

I have to find a place to live if Stanford gives the final no, which means a lease...I don't want to bug Arturo, but at this point I want to at least know a deadline!

Wow... Were you part of the May interview group? I would suggest calling the office again... Maybe Arturo can give you an update about when you'll hear back. The last time I called (about 2 weeks ago), he did not say that the class was officially full, only that the wait list had been "activated." Part of me is hanging on to a small bit of hope, but, like @dancer150, I also want a definitive answer so I can move on and officially give up the dream.

No, I was part of the February group... I called a couple weeks ago, and he said that my app was still under consideration. -_-

Last edited:
Wow... Were you part of the May interview group? I would suggest calling the office again... Maybe Arturo can give you an update about when you'll hear back. The last time I called (about 2 weeks ago), he did not say that the class was officially full, only that the wait list had been "activated." Part of me is hanging on to a small bit of hope, but, like @dancer150, I also want a definitive answer so I can move on and officially give up the dream.

When you called Arturo, did you just leave a voicemail and he called you back? Or did someone pick up the line?

When you called Arturo, did you just leave a voicemail and he called you back? Or did someone pick up the line?

For some reason, the only time someone picks up the phone is around 11 AM PST. That's when I call.

For some reason, the only time someone picks up the phone is around 11 AM PST. That's when I call.

Hmm, thanks for the tip! I tried it a few times yesterday but then just gave up cause no one picked up and left a voicemail haha

Hmm, thanks for the tip! I tried it a few times yesterday but then just gave up cause no one picked up and left a voicemail haha

Lol, there's only about a 10-15 minute window when someone picks up. Maybe since it's June, part of the office might be on vacation now?