2013-2014 SUNY Buffalo Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JJMrK

J to the J
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
There are no essay prompts, just the following Yes/No questions:

Please Answer the Following:

1. a. Did any of your parents/grandparents graduate from our Medical School?

b. Do either of your parents teach in our Medical School?

2. Did either of your parents serve in the U. S. Armed Forces?

3. Are you applying to:
MD Program Only
MD and MD/PHD Programs
MD/PHD Program only

4. If you have participated in any educational program sponsored by our Medical School, please list programs and dates.

5. Do you realize that conviction of a felony may preclude licensure in some states?
(Answering 'Yes' does NOT imply that you have a felony conviction.)

6. Most candidates do not know what field of Medicine they wish to enter, but we would appreciate your stating which field interests you most at this time, (Neurosurgery, Urology, Psychiatry, etc.) or simple state "Unknown".

7. As an undergraduate, have you ever worked in, or are currently working in a research laboratory?

8. Please list all online courses that you have already taken in college.

9. Please list all online courses you are planning to take in the future.

GL all.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Just received a secondary here. CA Resident.

Members don't see this ad :)
Called - they said they've been having some tech trouble with AMCAS so to just keep trying and if it still doesn't work by Monday, give them a call. :(

Edit: received email
Dear UB Medical School Candidate:

We sent you an email earlier today regarding our secondary application information for the 2014 Entering Class. We are currently experiencing technical difficulties. Please try later to access our website to fill out your secondary application. Thank you for your patience and understanding . Best regards.

Mr. James Rosso
Admissions Advisor
U. at Buffalo Medical School

I just got a secondary e-mail too, but then I got another one stating that their website was down and to try again later.

I just submitted the secondary, but it's unclear where to pay the application fee. Anyone know?

I'm still having trouble logging in.

Received secondary email. Can't log in.

Received secondary email. Can't log in.

same problem. This may sound stupid, but they ask you to log in with your AMCAS ID. I have an AAMC ID number, and an AMCAS username. Neither one works for me. What are you guys entering?

same problem. This may sound stupid, but they ask you to log in with your AMCAS ID. I have an AAMC ID number, and an AMCAS username. Neither one works for me. What are you guys entering?

By AMCAS ID, they really mean the AAMC ID number.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks sujc. Thats what I thought. Still not letting me in though. Anyone able to log in care to comment on essay prompts?

Were you all verified already through AMCAS before receiving the secondaries? If not, when did you submit your primary?

A friend of mine has gotten secondaries from Dartmouth despite not being verified, and I'm wondering why I haven't received one from UB despite applying there. I submitted on 6/24, so obviously, I'm not verified yet.

Submitted june 10th 1pm, verified june 20th.

Submitted June 10th 8PM, verified June 25th

Apparently AMCAS has only verified 3k+ of their 15k received. It's going to be a long wait for some people.

@NeuroNYC: No, I have not been able to get on yet despite trying several times. We're going to be in for a little wait.

Well this is lame. I guess we are going to probably wait until Monday to be able to submit? I heard there were no essays for this school.

still having log in problems. cant complete secondary. anyone else?

still having log in problems. cant complete secondary. anyone else?

Yeah you are definitely not alone. I'm assuming medical schools don't fix issues over the weekend?

Yeah you are definitely not alone. I'm assuming medical schools don't fix issues over the weekend?

could go either way really - either they'll be super dedicated and get it done by tomorrow, or they'll do the fiscally responsible thing, not pay OT to IT, and they'll get started Monday AM.

If anyone gets into the secondary, can you please post the q's? Thank u : )

If anyone gets into the secondary, can you please post the q's? Thank u : )

Agreed please post the prompts when they're available if you can! Would love to get a head start on the secondary since all of these are going to start piling up!

Much love, good luck folks.

There are no essays. Just an application fee and some brief questions

There are no essays. Just an application fee and some brief questions

What kinds of questions if you don't mind me asking? The basic disciplinary stuff, whether we'll be in school this year, etc.? No like "why our school" type questions?

Has anybody been able to pay the secondary application fee yet? I submitted the secondary but found that there wasn't an option to pay...

Has anybody been able to pay the secondary application fee yet? I submitted the secondary but found that there wasn't an option to pay...

Did you just use the same link that hasn't been working? and did you use your AAMC ID?

I still have no access. Who's in this boat with me?

Has anyone been able to access the secondary because I still cannot

Both the secondary and the payment page are up now!

Submitted. Goodluck everyone. By the way, does anyone know how to check your application status?

It may take 24 hours for them to update I think because my AMCAS is 100% complete (MCAT, letters etc.)

This is possibly the most relaxing secondary I've ever seen. It's great! :D

It may take 24 hours for them to update I think because my AMCAS is 100% complete (MCAT, letters etc.)

You're so lucky. My school doesn't release my committee letter until the middle of July and then AMCAS will take a few days to process. :(

Is there anywhere that I can explain 'ties to the state? I'm not a resident, but I didn't see anywhere on the secondary that I could have explained this.

I am in the same boat. I'll call tomm. I might take a couple of hours for it to see us

Am I correct in stating that there are no secondary questions associated with SUNY Buffalo?

is anyone still having trouble accessing the secondary? I received mine this morning and still cant get in :(

is anyone still having trouble accessing the secondary? I received mine this morning and still cant get in :(

I was finally able to get in yesterday and submitted last night.

I also submitted my secondary with the fee, yet it says I didn't submit anything yet..... I wonder what's up...

I also submitted my secondary with the fee, yet it says I didn't submit anything yet..... I wonder what's up...

I m in the same boat...i submitted yesterday and it shows the same thing