2013-2014 Temple University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone else had a problem with payment of the supplemental? It times out in five minutes, and when it times out you cant get back into the payment screen. I pressed back on my browser, pressed submit again and it brought me back to the pay screen, which I submitted and got a conformation email from, but when I called they said that they hadn't received payment. I also gave their IT guy my conformation number, and upon doing so he said "I'll check that for you, good luck!" and hung up. :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone else had a problem with payment of the supplemental? It times out in five minutes, and when it times out you cant get back into the payment screen. I pressed back on my browser, pressed submit again and it brought me back to the pay screen, which I submitted and got a conformation email from, but when I called they said that they hadn't received payment. I also gave their IT guy my conformation number, and upon doing so he said "I'll check that for you, good luck!" and hung up. :confused:

This website annoyingly faulty. Kept timing out when I tried to save my essays. At some point right after I submitted I found out that it doesn't fully support Mac Safari/Google Chrome browsers - I guess we should be using Explorer or Firefox with Temple...

Last edited:
I would feel like a dick, but I almost want to just call back everyday until I get an answer. :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm in the process of ranking the different clinical sites and to be honest, I would not want to be anywhere other than Temple+affiliates. An enormous reason why I'm applying here is because of Philadelphia and the excellent clinical experience I can get in such a city. I have very little interest in practicing in a rural location. Does anybody else feel the same way? Am I being too narrow-minded here?

I'm in the process of ranking the different clinical sites and to be honest, I would not want to be anywhere other than Temple+affiliates. An enormous reason why I'm applying here is because of Philadelphia and the excellent clinical experience I can get in such a city. I have very little interest in practicing in a rural location. Does anybody else feel the same way? Am I being too narrow-minded here?

I wouldn't say that's being narrow-minded, just maybe a bit choosy. If you know what you want to do, then do it. :laugh:

Is anyone complete here? I submitted on July 23rd, but I'm still only seeing "Verified" under "Application status."

TBH, I can't see myself being happy in a rural environment. I have lived in or next to a big city my whole life. I would probably start drinking if I had to live in a failed steel town.

TBH, I can't see myself being happy in a rural environment. I have lived in or next to a big city my whole life. I would probably start drinking if I had to live in a failed steel town.

Word. It'd probably reflect poorly if I made it clear during the interview that I had an overwhelmingly strong preference for Temple's central location and only that location, right?

Is anyone complete here yet? My status is still "verified."

Members don't see this ad :)
I am in the same boat..status is "verified" when I log in.

I just called admissions and the woman on the phone said that we will be able to see our status online starting August 15th. :lame::bang::annoyed:

I just called admissions and the woman on the phone said that we will be able to see our status online starting August 15th. :lame::bang::annoyed:

Well at least we know what is going on now. :thumbup:

Thanks for clearing this up for us :). And good luck with the cycle!

You'd fit in quite well. :laugh:

I have a question for any current TUSOM students. In regard to student life, are there any musical "communities" that perform or encourage performance? May sound like a silly question because anyone could technically start a group for whatever they want, but some other school websites have specifically mentioned music and having been a musician for half my life, having something directly affiliated with the school would be awesome and possibly a somewhat-unique thing to address in my interest essay. Thanks in advance!

Edit: My bad, I googled "TUSM student life" and found the info I needed.

Last edited:
Anyone else unable to get into the secondary right now???

This app is far and away the slowest and least usable of any I've submitted

Hey all,

I interviewed here last year, and wrote about that experience here, if anyone is interested. Good luck!

Correct. Mine tries to connect and then just says there is an error. Hopefully they'll have it up and running again by tomorrow so we can submit!

I called and they were not very helpful. They chocked it up to my "trying to use a Mac" even though they "explicitly say they had major issues with Macs on the website" (regardless of the fact it had worked before). When I told them it also didn't work from my PC, they said it's because I had "tried it on a Mac" and suggested that I had somehow ruined my "connection" that way. When I told her that I was indeed using "The Google Chrome", she just said to email [email protected] to "reset my connection".

Moving on from that passive-aggressive conversation... is anyone else still having issues? I'll bother them with an e-mail (and concede the admissions person was right :whistle:) if anyone actually has a working supplemental link.

Last edited:
I just tried checking my application status (I've already submitted) and could not access the supplementary using The Google Chrome on PC. I have previously accessed the link using The Google Chrome on Mac so perhaps I ruined my connection as well.

I called and they were not very helpful. They chocked it up to my "trying to use a Mac" even though they "explicitly say they had major issues with Macs on the website" (regardless of the fact it had worked before). When I told them it also didn't work from my PC, they said it's because I had "tried it on a Mac" and suggested that I had somehow ruined my "connection" that way. When I told her that I was indeed using "The Google Chrome", she just said to email [email protected] to "reset my connection".

Moving on from that passive-aggressive conversation... is anyone else still having issues? I'll bother them with an e-mail (and concede the admissions person was right :whistle:) if anyone actually has a working supplemental link.

so far i dont think its working for anyone, at least not for myself thats for sure

I tried loading it from Firefox and Chrome on my PC (never use Mac, I am a PC-kinda girl :D), and it's not working for me either.

The application website is not working for me. Is it like that for anyone else? I called and they said they aren't having any technical issues. I'm on a pc by the way.

The application website is not working for me. Is it like that for anyone else? I called and they said they aren't having any technical issues. I'm on a pc by the way.

try a different browser?

not working for me either, maybe theyre getting it ready for all the updating tomorrow?

It's back up now in case anyone is wondering.

to think that theyre just going to begin reviewing files tomorrow, gonna be a while before we start to hear back from them

Does anyone know if temple accepts students with a 29 or below for the MCAT? Also do they look at subsections? know anyone who got in with a 7 in VR? Thanks!

Does anyone know if temple accepts students with a 29 or below for the MCAT? Also do they look at subsections? know anyone who got in with a 7 in VR? Thanks!
The Temple website only indicates that as to their review of an applicant's MCAT scores, they only use the most recent set of scores.

my status changed and is highlighted in blue to, "[my] application is under review with [their] office." any one else? I never received a complete email...thoughts?

Last edited: