2013-2014 University of Arizona Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For people that were extended interview invites: did you receive a hold e-mail first? I submitted at the very end of September and naturally haven't heard back yet -____-

Members don't see this ad.

For people that were extended interview invites: did you receive a hold e-mail first? I submitted at the very end of September and naturally haven't heard back yet -____-

I personally didn't receive anything except for the interview invite. I'm OOS from Canada.

Just received the hold email here. Has anyone gotten an interview after this email? Looking for some love with a 28/3.5 OOS

Members don't see this ad :)
Just received the hold email here. Has anyone gotten an interview after this email? Looking for some love with a 28/3.5 OOS

Yep, I got the hold email on Aug 19th and received an II around 9/20 or so. I'm OOS as well. I'd say you've still got a chance!

There's still hope. It's happened. When were you complete?

There's still hope. It's happened. When were you complete?

Was complete on 9/20. Fairly quick response. I'm crossing my fingers for an interview!!! Haven't gotten one anywhere else :( this is the "best" news I've gotten. Everyone else just flat out denied or hasn't responded yet.

I got the hold email today…pretty bummed about it. One of my top choices. 29/3.99/OOS I am wondering if I am missing something on my application that they tend to look for or if my mcat is to low for them. Maybe I will get lucky and they will give me a chance!

II yesterday! I was complete 9/25. Only interview available when I checked was December 14.

Also, first post on SDN! Just figure I would contribute since SDN and it's members have been so awesome and helpful as I stalked the threads last application cycle. I really wish everyone here the best and hope all of you on hold hear good news! :)

What's this "hold" email everyone is referring to? I was complete in late September and have received no information from them following the email saying my application was complete and under review...

What's this "hold" email everyone is referring to? I was complete in late September and have received no information from them following the email saying my application was complete and under review...

It's an email that says you're on hold. You received a complete email, they're different.

Besides setting up an interview day, is there anything else that we need to do? i.e. fill out any additional forms before the interview day?

Members don't see this ad :)
It's an email that says you're on hold. You received a complete email, they're different.
I received an email on 8/20 saying my application was on hold until my MCAT scores were released, and then when they were they gave me the secondary and I submitted it. Haven't heard anything since.

I received an email on 8/20 saying my application was on hold until my MCAT scores were released, and then when they were they gave me the secondary and I submitted it. Haven't heard anything since.

That's definitely a different kind of hold. The pre interview hold email basically says "you're not rejected but we will keep your app on file for later review"

That's definitely a different kind of hold. The pre interview hold email basically says "you're not rejected but we will keep your app on file for later review"
Oh. I apparently read my emails out of order on the status page and the most recent one I have is from 10/02 saying my app is under review. Hopefully I hear something soon. Any news would be good news at this point, lol.

How long after complete to interview invite? :confused:

I was complete 9/26 - Thanks!

I got this email. Is this the hold email? I thought it was a polite rejection..

"Thank you for your continued interest in the University of Arizona College of Medicine. We are unable to extend an interview invitation to you at this time. However, your application remains under consideration and you may be invited for an interview at a later date. Any changes to your status will be communicated via email."

If someone could clarify that would be great!

I got this email. Is this the hold email? I thought it was a polite rejection..

"Thank you for your continued interest in the University of Arizona College of Medicine. We are unable to extend an interview invitation to you at this time. However, your application remains under consideration and you may be invited for an interview at a later date. Any changes to your status will be communicated via email."

If someone could clarify that would be great!

That's a hold NOT a rejection, rest easy my friend.

How long after complete to interview invite? :confused:

I was complete 9/26 - Thanks!
Im not sure how long, but I was complete 9/10/13 and received an interview invite 10/2/13.
My stats:cGPA: 3.78/sGPA: 3.93/36/OOS/non-trad

Hope this helps and good luck!

Hi everyone. I'm an MS1, if you have any questions about UACOM let me know!

There are exactly 115 of us in the class of 2017.

Hey!!
Thanks for the response! I know that that class is of 115 students, but do you know how many people were accepted? Doesn't U of A Tucson overaccept students ( in case some applicants decide to go elsewhere?)

Thanks for answerig our questions:)

To anyone who got a pre-interview hold and is really sad, don't worry too much! I got one of those and the next email I got from them was an interview invite.

To anyone who got a pre-interview hold and is really sad, don't worry too much! I got one of those and the next email I got from them was an interview invite.
How long were you on hold before you got the invite?

That makes me feel a little better. Thank you!

Does anyone know what percent of instate applicants receive interview invites at U of A -Tucson?

Hi everyone. I'm an MS1, if you have any questions about UACOM let me know!

Hi rjaacd,

Do you have any experience/knowledge of OOS students applying for AZ residency after the first year? Thanks!

Hi, everyone. I was put on hold here a few weeks ago, but I just got an interview invite today. :)

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know when the first round of acceptances are going out? November?

Ugh I just want to hear something back, even if it's bad news!

besides from the pre-secondary rejections, I finally heard from a school!! Albeit not so great news haha. I got the "hold" email.

Complete 10/6/13
30Q/OOS/3.8GPA

besides from the pre-secondary rejections, I finally heard from a school!! Albeit not so great news haha. I got the "hold" email.

Complete 10/6/13
30Q/OOS/3.8GPA
Your stats aren't bad, that's surprising you've already received pre-secondary rejections!

I just received an email from the admissions office saying thank you for interviewing and giving me a link to look at more information about the school. They specifically attached something about the curriculum. Did anyone else get this email? Does it mean anything or was it a general email that went out to everyone who interviewed? Thanks!

I just received an email from the admissions office saying thank you for interviewing and giving me a link to look at more information about the school. They specifically attached something about the curriculum. Did anyone else get this email? Does it mean anything or was it a general email that went out to everyone who interviewed? Thanks!
I got it too (nearly had a heart attack when the preview showed up on my phone). I'm gunna guess it was a general email since (I don't think) the adcom has even met for my interview group yet.

I got it too (nearly had a heart attack when the preview showed up on my phone). I'm gunna guess it was a general email since (I don't think) the adcom has even met for my interview group yet.
Yep I got this too! I had a mini heart attack as well filled with excitement, but it does seem everyone got it. Oh well it is great to have more information and it was not a rejection! =) But does anyone else notice that acceptances will be given out starting in November and today is the 1st... just sayin...

I got one too....my fingers were shaking when trying to view the email....what a bummer!
Do we know when they are sending out acceptances? I interviewed 9/7...hopefully they wont take very long

I think the acceptances went out on November 7th last year, but they didn't guarantee a day when I interviewed. That was back on 9/7 so I feel like I have been waiting forever! I already have an acceptance at the Phoenix Campus. Does anyone know what the odds of getting an acceptance at Tucson are if you already have one at Phoenix? Do most people get accepted at both?

I think the acceptances went out on November 7th last year, but they didn't guarantee a day when I interviewed. That was back on 9/7 so I feel like I have been waiting forever! I already have an acceptance at the Phoenix Campus. Does anyone know what the odds of getting an acceptance at Tucson are if you already have one at Phoenix? Do most people get accepted at both?
I also interviewed on the 7th so I am hoping they come soon! I have been trying to patiently wait but my patience is starting to become thin! I am not sure of the odds, I have noticed sometimes they look at completely different things (Rejected at Tucson but waitlisted at Phoenix last year and interviewed in Tucson and rejected at Phoenix this year...).

Interview hold. On to da next one.

Secondary Submitted - October 15
"Interview Hold" - October 31st
sciGPA 3.7
MCAT:33c (12phy / 12bio / 9v)

I have a feeling next week is going to go by suuuuper slowly waiting to hear any news.