2013-2014 University of Arizona Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I don't "know" in any definitive sense, but I know three people from my undergrad program who were admitted after applying again...

Members don't see this ad.

I don't "know" in any definitive sense, but I know three people from my undergrad program who were admitted after applying again...
Thanks for the reply!! Do you know if those three people from your undergrad program interview the year they didn't get in or did they only interview the second time around when they were accepted?

Not sure. I ran into all three of them on my interview day so there was limited time to chat...

Members don't see this ad :)
I've been out of school for a while. These were second and third year students acting as ambassadors...

Hey guys, so I received an interview invite last night (yay!) but I checked online and it is not displaying any available dates. Has anyone else encountered this? I will call this morning after class, hopefully it is just an update error.

Interview invite received last night too. The only date available was January 18th. I think it might me slim pickings with the holidays and winter break coming up.

Super excited for the II tho. This is def my first choice. Interviewed with them last year and fell in love with the school and program.

Congrats about your invites!!! =) When did you submit your secondary apps?

Yes it did update in this morning! Was able to snag one on Jan 11th which I think is the second to last date. Anyways I'm looking forward to interviewing in my home town at such a great school.
I submitted my secondary on 10/8. Good luck everyone!

Waitlisted. Complete 10/22. OOS, 31 MCAT, 3.7 GPA, non-traditional.

Members don't see this ad :)
I imagine it's taking a while to sort through everyone. They've interviewed 240 by now...

Hopefully some good news will head our way soon! To be honest, I hope it's another week. The longer they wait, the better the odds of them reviewing my file by the first decision. I interviewed on 10/26

I imagine it's taking a while to sort through everyone. They've interviewed 240 by now...

Hopefully some good news will head our way soon! To be honest, I hope it's another week. The longer they wait, the better the odds of them reviewing my file by the first decision. I interviewed on 10/26

I interviewed on 10/26 as well :) I remember the admissions lady telling us that our group would most likely be hearing back in December. It would be awesome if it was November instead :thumbup:

I was in the late september group, and they told us we wouldn't hear anything until December either

Just got THE email! Accepted! Freaking out at work right now! Interviewed at the end of September. OOS with strong ties to AZ (grew up in AZ). This is my third time applying and my first acceptance. SO glad I never gave up!

Reactions: 4 users
First round decisions are in. Wait listed. Still hopeful, wasn't expecting to make the first cut.

Edit: with wait list I meant the "you are still in the running" email.

Last edited:
Just got THE email! Accepted! Freaking out at work right now! Interviewed at the end of September. OOS with strong ties to AZ (grew up in AZ). This is my third time applying and my first acceptance. SO glad I never gave up!
Aww congrats :) What an amazing feeling!

C

Congrats!!! Did you interview the first 2 times at U of A-Tucson?

Also got the email. Re-review pile.

I also got the hold email. I am super disappointed. This is my top choice! After an acceptance at Phoenix, I was so hopeful! Does anyone know how long it will be until the next round goes out?

Aww congrats :) What an amazing feeling!
Thanks! I've been hoping for this for 5 years, and that's not including undergrad years! Such a huge relief.

Reactions: 1 users
Yes, first time as IS and second time as OOS. I took a couple years off to re-work on my application after the second reject.
If you don't mind sharing, what did you change on your application this year from your previous cycles (i.e MCAT scores, post-bacc program, more extracurriculars, etc.)?

Reactions: 1 user
I'm glad to hear decisions have started going out! I haven't received anything today, so I imagine I'll have to wait until the next round. Good luck to everyone!

"Still under consideration" pile here! Not what I was hoping for, but not the worst outcome at least :) Interviewed 9/7, still have so much love for Zona

"Still under consideration" pile here! Not what I was hoping for, but not the worst outcome at least :) Interviewed 9/7, still have so much love for Zona

+1

Love UofA and hoping for good news next time!

If you don't mind sharing, what did you change on your application this year from your previous cycles (i.e MCAT scores, post-bacc program, more extracurriculars, etc.)?
PM'd you. Anyone else feel free to PM me if you want me to share.

Thanks! I've been hoping for this for 5 years, and that's not including undergrad years! Such a huge relief.
Exactly!!! Way to not give up!! You will have MD at the end of your name for the rest of your life... Can't think of anything more rewarding :) Enjoy!!

I'm hoping some folks can give me some feedback:

About a month ago I got the hold email from UA-Tucson. I know that several people have gotten interviews after receiving the hold email, and I remain hopeful that I will be invited to interview in Tucson.

In the meantime, I have been invited to interview in Phoenix.

My question: Is there any respectful way of informing UA-Tucson that I will be flying in to interview at Phoenix on such and such date and that it would be convenient to interview during that time, if they are considering interviewing me.

I think this is a long shot, and I don't want to sound arrogant or anything. I would just like to save a trip to Arizona if possible.
Thanks in advance!

About a month ago I got the hold email from UA-Tucson. I know that several people have gotten interviews after receiving the hold email, and I remain hopeful that I will be invited to interview in Tucson.

My question: Is there any respectful way of informing UA-Tucson that I will be flying in to interview at Phoenix on such and such date and that it would be convenient to interview during that time, if they are considering interviewing me.

I think this is a long shot, and I don't want to sound arrogant or anything. I would just like to save a trip to Arizona if possible.
Thanks in advance!
I had the same issue of being on hold and receiving a Phoenix invite. I emailed Tucson letting them know I would be in the area for a specific time frame, but I never heard back. I explained that since I was traveling from New York it would be cost effective to let them know of my travels, but I would be grateful for the opportunity to interview at any point in the cycle. Hope you have better results!

Thanks in advance!

Here's a list of the upcoming interview dates left in Tucson. Make sure your interview date at Phoenix is close to one of these dates before emailing Tucson.
http://medicine.arizona.edu/events/admissions

Got the e-mail yesterday as well! I'm also a reapplicant. Such a great feeling! Congrats!

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know when October 26 Interviewees will hear back?

pre-interview hold. :(
anyone have any luck getting off hold and getting an invite? i would imagine it would be not probable this late in the cycle, sigh.

Anybody else watching Arizona vs. Duke? Go Arizona!!

Reactions: 1 user