2013-2014 University of Cincinnati College of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tots

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Space reserved for prompt.

Please PM the essays or lack thereof to me when the secondary is available and I will update this.

Good luck to everyone applying! :luck:

Members don't see this ad.

figure I'll be the first. looking forward to an easy secondary and hopefully some hometown love from cincy! anyone else applying here? any current students?

figure I'll be the first. looking forward to an easy secondary and hopefully some hometown love from cincy! anyone else applying here? any current students?

Not currently, but will be matriculating in a few months!

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm applying OOS (MI resident). 3.78/32....decent shot?

I would also like to know this and I have slightly worse stats. I am OOS 3.65/31

Throwing my glove in! CA resident, 3.8/36

I'm a re-applicant but this is my first time applying to Cincinnati :)

I've never been there and would love the chance to visit and check it out :love:

Good luck all :luck:

I've never been there and would love the chance to visit and check it out :love:

Reapplicant with a 36? Wow, impressive! Must've been aiming for some pretty prestigious schools? Anywho, if you don't mind me asking, what would u want to come all the way to Cinci for?

Reapplicant with a 36? Wow, impressive! Must've been aiming for some pretty prestigious schools? Anywho, if you don't mind me asking, what would u want to come all the way to Cinci for?

The same thing that everyone comes for, of course...

Gold Star Chili!

j/k that **** is nasty

My 36 is my second MCAT... so no, I wasn't rejected with a 36.

And yes I only applied to 6 programs (all very competitive)

And I would love to come to Cinci for MEDICAL SCHOOL of course... :p

Yo what up all. Starting 4th year next year. Ask 'em if you got 'em.

Note that I did not experience your potential curriculum so I will defer from substantive comment on that.

In state 3.90/38, originally from cincy so I hope they show me some love

Yo what up all. Starting 4th year next year. Ask 'em if you got 'em.

Note that I did not experience your potential curriculum so I will defer from substantive comment on that.

How is the curriculum changing?

i just graduated from cinci and quite a few of my classmates were from cali so i wouldn't be surprised if you got in here.. good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
How is the curriculum changing?

the curriculum has already changed.. the graduating class of 2015 was the first class of the new curriculum.. basically they just changed the order of classes... it used to be first year was phys, histo, biochem, anatomy, some neuro.. then 2nd year was path, micro, pharm.. now it's a few months of basic science, mostly biochem, then i think in the winter time you start system based learning so you'll do cardiac but learn all phys histo pharm path at the same time for that system

the curriculum has already changed.. the graduating class of 2015 was the first class of the new curriculum.. basically they just changed the order of classes... it used to be first year was phys, histo, biochem, anatomy, some neuro.. then 2nd year was path, micro, pharm.. now it's a few months of basic science, mostly biochem, then i think in the winter time you start system based learning so you'll do cardiac but learn all phys histo pharm path at the same time for that system

their biochemistry prof is awesome, i wouldn't mind having Lieberman for another few months even if it went over the same material as his grad class. is it any different from what he teaches in the molecular genetics department?

their biochemistry prof is awesome, i wouldn't mind having Lieberman for another few months even if it went over the same material as his grad class. is it any different from what he teaches in the molecular genetics department?

not sure what he teaches in molec gen classes... but it's a lot of info and goes real fast haha

I got the secondary but I cant seem to log in on their site :eek:

secondary crashed when i tried filling it out. no essays, but be aware of the traffic tickets question.

Just received a secondary and haven't been verified. So I guess they don't screen?

I got the secondary but I cant seem to log in on their site :eek:
I tried to change my password and now I can't seem to access the secondary....is anyone else having this problem? when I try to log back in, it just takes me to the password reset page....

Is everyone else getting an "Error 404: File Not Found" message?

I'm going to take a stab at it and say that theres a thousand other applicants trying to create their profiles to, which makes me wonder if this is the first day that UC has sent out the link? Surely not..

Just got off the phone with someone from admissions. This is the first day the application has gone live. Once you try creating your account and it does not work, click the link that will take you to your email and send them a detailed email of what is happened. It will take 24-48 hours to process and the admissions committee won't be looking the applications for another week or so.

Hope this helps.

I just hit submit and got the 404 error page, but the payment went through just fine, I'm gonna wait a few days for the flood to subside before double checking again and possibly contacting them

Their server must be packed....it keeps timing out/crashing on me.

I received all of the same error messages as well. Finally made it to the submit screen after payment and received an Error 404 message. This was then followed by about 8 "Thank you for submitting your secondary" emails! So just everyone be patient with it!

I can't get mine to save my addresses in the contact information section. I can fill it out and save, but when I go to review my application, it's blank. Anyone else have this happen?

I can't get mine to save my addresses in the contact information section. I can fill it out and save, but when I go to review my application, it's blank. Anyone else have this happen?

Same...

I can't even get to the secondary! Just error messages, probably because of the overloaded server. =\ Guess Ill have to wait.

Has anyone who submitted been able to see your contact addresses on the review page?

Or maybe call?

I'm just going to submit if it will ever let me back onto the site. I payed, but was unable to submit. They have our contact info from the primary, so I doubt it will be an issue.

paid**....frustration typo..lol
Same.....hopefully it'll work. I also noticed on the review page that I had an entire blank page and my traffic violation note wasn't showing up. Did you have that too?

Same.....hopefully it'll work. I also noticed on the review page that I had an entire blank page and my traffic violation note wasn't showing up. Did you have that too?

Yep...it didn't even include any questions from that entire page.

Yep...it didn't even include any questions from that entire page.
Well, I'm glad it's happening to a lot of us then....that way hopefully it won't be held against us if it's important. I logged in to check my status and it says they've received all my letters and secondary but my application is still incomplete. I'll probably keep checking it over the next couple of days and if it's still not complete, I'll give them a call. I called this morning and they seemed pretty overrun with questions about the server/secondary...

I am not verified but have finished the secondary, so if I submit now will my letters of recommednation just automatically be forwarded to Cincy?

If so, is that when my secondary is considered complete or will it be complete now? For example, I see that Boston holds your secondary after you submit it until the letters are received.

Could someone that has submitted the secondary explain what is on the application (essays, personal information, etc.)?

Could someone that has submitted the secondary explain what is on the application (essays, personal information, etc.)?

No essays. All personal information about you and your parents, plus a few criminal background questions (dont skip the speeding ticket question). $25 fee

This is the first time I've seen someone want info about non-misdemeanor traffic tickets. I've had a few more than I probably should (4, 2 not expunged) so hopefully it's not an app killer.

after I hit Save & Continue on the create account page nothing happens. anyone else having this same problem?