2013-2014 Wright State University Boonshoft School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tots

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Space reserved for prompt.

Please PM the essays or lack thereof to me when the secondary is available and I will update this.

Good luck to everyone applying! :luck:

Members don't see this ad.

I read that they don't have a secondary application, just the fee. I haven't recieved anything though (my primary isn't processed yet)

Members don't see this ad :)
I read that they don't have a secondary application, just the fee. I haven't recieved anything though (my primary isn't processed yet)

I have been verified since june 18th... heard nothing....:scared:

From last year's thread it looks like we're running a bit behind schedule. They'll probably send us something soon.

You must be from Ohio. We are applying to all the same schools! lol

Guilty as charged. I could see myself going here, even though Dayton is... Dayton. Who said there would be time for fun in medical school anyway? Plenty of cows to tip!

Secondaries will go out in about 2 weeks. There is a short questionnaire this year.

Debbie
Office of Admissions
Wright State University
Boonshoft School of Medicine

Secondaries will go out in about 2 weeks. There is a short questionnaire this year.

Debbie
Office of Admissions
Wright State University
Boonshoft School of Medicine
Thanks Debbie!

Also an Ohian! I actually go to the University of Dayton so sadly there wouldn't be a change of scenery but at least I know the area!!

Applied here. I know GPAs are borderline.
My stats

MCAT 33
sGPA ~ 3.4
oGPA ~ 3.3
jr/sr average sGPA closer to 3.6
shadowed several MD and ODs
volunteered in ER and Hospice
volunteered in clinics
tutored college science students
research during school
Microbiology major
Lifetime Ohio resident

Trying to be realistic and nope get my hopes up where I shouldn't.

Members don't see this ad :)
Applied here. I know GPAs are borderline.
My stats

MCAT 33
sGPA ~ 3.4
oGPA ~ 3.3
jr/sr average sGPA closer to 3.6
shadowed several MD and ODs
volunteered in ER and Hospice
volunteered in clinics
tutored college science students
research during school
Microbiology major
Lifetime Ohio resident

Trying to be realistic and nope get my hopes up where I shouldn't.

I am a current third year here at BSOM but my stats / ECs / life were almost identical to yours when I applied (your MCAT is actually higher though). I ended up receiving multiple acceptances. It's important to be realistic but I wouldn't be TOO hard on yourself. Those are solid stats for a number of schools.

Just Received the survey and submitted it! All complete!!!

Same here. Pretty exciting. Also the Oneida1000, you typed ODs instead of DOs which I am sure was just a typo. I just remember that I would accidentally say OD instead of DO when I first learned about Osteopathic medicine.

So, I clicked the secondary link they sent by email, then clicked the "Secondary Application" icon at the bottom of the screen, and then clicked the link that says "Secondary Processing Fee". On this page it says:

Please complete the following required information and click Continue.

Please Note:
The following questions are asked to determine the social and cultural demographics of our matriculating class as requested by our accrediting agency. Your answers to these questions DO NOT negatively influence your admission status.

But I see NO questions..... Did anyone else notice this? Are there any questions, or is there just the application fee?

So, I clicked the secondary link they sent by email, then clicked the "Secondary Application" icon at the bottom of the screen, and then clicked the link that says "Secondary Processing Fee". On this page it says:

Please complete the following required information and click Continue.

Please Note:
The following questions are asked to determine the social and cultural demographics of our matriculating class as requested by our accrediting agency. Your answers to these questions DO NOT negatively influence your admission status.

But I see NO questions..... Did anyone else notice this? Are there any questions, or is there just the application fee?

I read that message but the questions came up just fine. All are yes or no, and when you finish them you click submit and it works just fine. Maybe the server went down recently. I filled it out around 8 PM EST.

I still did not get one, maybe they are sent out in order of those verified first?

Perhaps. I was verified June 17th though. Pretty early I thought. Oh well, just going to have to wait and see. Hopefully today!!

I was verified July 12th. I received 12 secondaries right away, and then for the past week nothing which has me concerned.

I was verified July 12th. I received 12 secondaries right away, and then for the past week nothing which has me concerned.

Yeh. I am pretty much the same! I think we just need to be patient.

Please don't get worried. They are going out slowly. :)

We don't want to send them all at once and have the server be too busy with everyone trying to do it at the same time. Should be caught up and on schedule in a week.

Thanks for being patient!

Debbie
Office of Admissions

Please don't get worried. They are going out slowly. :)

We don't want to send them all at once and have the server be too busy with everyone trying to do it at the same time. Should be caught up and on schedule in a week.

Thanks for being patient!

Debbie
Office of Admissions

That makes sense, Debbie. Thank you for the information! It is greatly appreciated.

OOS just completed secondary! love this school wright? Lol
Good luck to all : )

So as soon as we submit the payment our secondary is complete? I got a thank you for shopping, but no other complete message?

So as soon as we submit the payment our secondary is complete? I got a thank you for shopping, but no other complete message?

I submitted mine yesterday and did not get a confirmation email until today!

where are the questions?

all i see is

Secondary Processing Fee
Secondary Processing Fee
Please note: After completing this payment your Secondary Application to Wright State University Boonshoft School of Medicine is complete. Please allow 5 business days for an email confirmation of complete status.

If you have received a fee waiver from AMCAS and have received this payment link, please email the Office of Admissions at [email protected] before proceeding.

Please select "Submit Application" to continue.

do we submit application before answering questions? this doesnt make sense lol

Nope I am pretty sure that there are no essay questions on Wright State's secondary application. A friend told me two years ago when he applied. If I remember correctly, I think it says "no secondary questions" on their website as well.

Nope I am pretty sure that there are no essay questions on Wright State's secondary application. A friend told me two years ago when he applied. If I remember correctly, I think it says "no secondary questions" on their website as well.

i mean the yes/no questionarie

I see. Not sure about that one yet. Perhaps I'll find out when I complete the secondary tonight! (Received it today)

yah I pressed the submit button and the questionnaire popped out. ....im being overly paranoid

Secondary submitted, good luck to all who are applying!

Hello!

Wright State is my first choice. Do I have a better shot of being accepted if I select early decision?

Submitted the secondary!!! How friendly are they to OOS? I'm a PA resident.

Submitted the secondary!!! How friendly are they to OOS? I'm a PA resident.

~20% of the class is from out of state. I really can't give you an exact answer, but it seems to me that they are drawing more and more out of state residents over the years. Definitely apply.

Also, we have medical students checking these forums in case anyone has any questions. Good luck!

Do they give interviews if all letters are not received? I have 2 letters sent in already, and the packet from my school will be another two weeks, sadly.

Do they give interviews if all letters are not received? I have 2 letters sent in already, and the packet from my school will be another two weeks, sadly.

I don't think they will consider you for an interview unless your application is complete and everything is received.

Guilty as charged. I could see myself going here, even though Dayton is... Dayton. Who said there would be time for fun in medical school anyway? Plenty of cows to tip!

Ha! I've seen both of you in a lot of threads as well. I'm a kentuckian on the Ohio border, however. Good luck, amigos.

Is there any way to check the status of the Wright application or do you just have to wait to hear from them?

Ha! I've seen both of you in a lot of threads as well. I'm a kentuckian on the Ohio border, however. Good luck, amigos.

Is there any way to check the status of the Wright application or do you just have to wait to hear from them?

I've seen you posting as well! I do not think there is any system of checking application status here. Just have to be patient. Good luck!

Should I apply here? OOS

3.68, 3.51 29S?? good ECs...

I hope to jump in on the discussion with you all as soon as my last recommendation is in. (Ohioan)