2013 ****The Official MWU-Chicago 2018 Interview/Acceptance****

predentalgirl

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I did not see a thread for this anywhere!

Adding it now.

Good luck to anyone applying here!

So nervous
:scared:

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone heard anything yet from the MWU-Arizona one? I already received my supplemental from the Illinois one but not the Arizona yet.

Members don't see this ad :)
I haven't heard from either. I for sure clear the 2.75 GPA hurdle they say they have in order to get a supplemental. My application was mailed out on the 5th. Do you guys think I contact them or just hold tight?

nuttin from AZ. yes from IL

I got an email today from MWU-Illinois regarding the supplementary application!

I haven't heard from either. I for sure clear the 2.75 GPA hurdle they say they have in order to get a supplemental. My application was mailed out on the 5th. Do you guys think I contact them or just hold tight?

Hold tight.

I got an email asking for supplementary on June 27th and got the same mail through snail mail today lol. App completed on July 10th!

This school sends out a letter too! Asking to fill out the supplemental. I was shaking so badly, thinking that a rejection was sent out already!

This school sends out a letter too! Asking to fill out the supplemental. I was shaking so badly, thinking that a rejection was sent out already!
Haha same here! I was thinking aww man already rejected this early? Literally gave me a palpitation lol.

Haha same here! I was thinking aww man already rejected this early? Literally gave me a palpitation lol.

I knowww. I remember saying "THEY DO NOT EVEN HAVE MY DAT SCORES YET!" Haha.
Pretty sure interview invites will come through the online account and email right?

Wierd, I never got a snail mail secondary request. Only email, and I already submitted it.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was told last week that my application is complete and to be reviewed. Can't wait until interview invitations start coming. so excited!

On the online portal, it still says my DAT scores are not available. Should I call and ask them what the situation is with that?

:scared:JUST got an email from Midwestern saying everything is complete and my application has been sent for review.

SO NERVERACKING.
This is literally my first choice.

:scared::scared:

Any idea how long the review will take?

On the online portal, it still says my DAT scores are not available. Should I call and ask them what the situation is with that?

Sure. That's a valid call to make. Who knows how long it can sit there showing no scores. Just tell them you want to know if there's anything you need to do on your end.

So impatient for the review deal.

Any idea how long it will take?

Some schools have taken like 5 days.

Also, when do interviews usually start for this school?

nice,, I got an email saying incomplete,, but my letters were available two weeks ago. I dont know why they dont have it.

Anyone hear about scheduling interviews? I applied early but I haven't heard anything yet.

I have applied to MWU, but they still haven't received my official DAT scores. I have heard from MWU Glendale as well, so they are sending them out.

Edit: Oops, Wrong MWU thread. But this applies to IL too.

Same thing happened to me 2 cycles ago. Mine was a composite letter from my undergrad: just a bundle of letters with a cover letter just saying it was a bundle of letters. When they showed up in the portal, it showed one science letter and then the cover letter. So, probably the first 2 "pages" in the file. I emailed explaining and it was fixed right after. Seems like a mismatch in how they import or something in addition to just getting to each applicant whether it's in chronological order or cheery-picked based on other things they see first. As a side note, I've heard they like a solid letter, not too generic. Just keep an eye on it. The good news is that you're all early still and they interview plenty. Knock their socks off and you'll get in. Your app is completely of the table once you interview. Feel free to PM me if you want an interview rundown. It's long and I prefer to not post it here. If your letters don't correct soon, act on it. One day an interview option will just pop up, probably before you get an email. Another piece of advice, don't reschedule if you don't absolutely need to. It's so easy to switch dates in their system and seems harmless. One dude a few cycles ago got called about it. Kind of a, "do you want to come here or not" sort of thing. SDN folklore? Maybe. But it doesn't surprise me.

Really hoping this school starts sending out interview invites soon....

Did anybody receive an email after submitting the supplemental stating the answer to "Why Midwestern?". I got an email saying these are the reason to choose Midwestern. I just thought that was weird.

Anybody received anything, I'm running out of patient.lol

I just received an email saying that my letter is missing. The LOR is from pre-health advisor/committee letter, which has a bundle of LOR from 2 dentists and 3 professors. What should I do?

I submitted the primary app on July 19 and my supplemental on July 26. I have been checking the application portal every 5 minutes and it has been dead quiet. Good luck to all of you.

You are not alone. I submitted my secondary July 10th and have not heard anything. Looking at the 2017 forum, it seems that the earliest anyone heard from them was August 21...

So, today I called the admissions office to check my status and they told me my app is still under review and will sent out interviews in couple of weeks.

I was part of the 3rd or 4th batch and it's still under review. It's interesting how the Arizona program makes quicker decisions. It's better than a rejection I guess

I was part of the 3rd or 4th batch and it's still under review. It's interesting how the Arizona program makes quicker decisions. It's better than a rejection I guess

Ditto. The Illinois portal tab was first to update my completed application status in July vs. August, but I haven't heard anything from IL.

Nothing yet I'm assuming a couple weeks till we hear anything

I had emailed an admissions counselor Aug 16, and she had told me that since interviews begin Sept, invites go out usually late Aug/Early Sept.

So I am hoping someone gets something soon! (I mean, this IS late August)

Well it's pretty much the end of August. Anything? :confused:

do u guys know if microbiology is a requirement for entering this school or can we take other high science courses like cell biology?

do u guys know if microbiology is a requirement for entering this school or can we take other high science courses like cell biology?

If your college offers a class that counts as a microbiology credit then yes.

Just got an invite at noon today!!! :D:D scheduled it for thursday oct. 17th

Notification date:9/4/13
Method of notification:email
Residency:MD
AADSAS mail-out date:2nd batch
GPA (science, overall):3.81, 3.68
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17):19/19/21/17/none

just got an interview invitation via email. 12:33PM Central time

this is not for bragging purposes, this is to let everyone know that they have begun sending out interviews and that for me they sent it around noon. good luck everyone

BTW interview dates are only Tuesdays and Thursdays.....

its so weird how two people already got interviews. i just called their office to ask if microbiology is a requirement and they told me that it is not... they also said that they are going to START giving out interviews in the last week of September....