Notification date:9/4/13
Method of notification:email
Residency:MD
AADSAS mail-out date:2nd batch
GPA (science, overall):3.81, 3.68
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17):19/19/21/17/none

what batch were you?

Members don't see this ad.

its so weird how two people already got interviews. i just called their office to ask if microbiology is a requirement and they told me that it is not... they also said that they are going to START giving out interviews in the last week of September....

Hm, strange - it indicates otherwise here.

i know thats why i called...i don't want to take microbiology and it was so hard for me to get in but i finally did...but they said cell biology counts in place of microbiology if u don't take it...and i called twice about this issue and got the same answer...so i guess i got lucky!!

Members don't see this ad :)
i know thats why i called...i don't want to take microbiology and it was so hard for me to get in but i finally did...but they said cell biology counts in place of microbiology if u don't take it...and i called twice about this issue and got the same answer...so i guess i got lucky!!

Interesting. Good to know, thanks for sharing. :thumbup:

Where's everyone from that got interviews? Any is anyone interviewing Oct 31st?

its so weird how two people already got interviews. i just called their office to ask if microbiology is a requirement and they told me that it is not... they also said that they are going to START giving out interviews in the last week of September....

Maybe the person answering the phones is misinformed?

Got an interview invite. Scheduled for Oct 31st

I think I was in the first batch (maybe second), my application was verified and mailed out to the school on july 5th.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys, I received an interview invitation via email this morning at around 11:30am. SO EXCITED!! I scheduled my interview for Oct 22nd, anybody else interviewing that day??

Interview invite today as well!! Scheduled for Oct. 22

*sigh... I'm still waiting for mine, 4th batch. Hopefully.... I hope since that my application status still shows up on the MWU portal that means I haven't been rejected..

I was rejected from the Arizona campus and it still shows the same thing for pending for the Chicago campus. There is no notification for rejected apps on the portal page.

I was rejected from the Arizona campus and it still shows the same thing for pending for the Chicago campus. There is no notification for rejected apps on the portal page.

Did they contact you immediately when you got rejected? By email?

Thats lame, when i called MWU Chicago, they only said that they couldn't tell me if i got rejected or not, or any specific status updates. They only said that my app is still under review.

Then that's a good sign. If you're rejected they will tell you that you will be not invited for interview

Interview Oct. 29
DAT
AA 19
PAT 19
OR 16
RC 19
BIO 20
GC 19
OC 23
TS 21
do you guys think I have a chance?

where do u live? and i mean u got an interview so they saw something good :) and also what batch were you? i got better dat scores than you did but didn't get an interview yet

Ohh congrats I had an 18AA and 17 PAT before but I retook it yesterday and got a 19

Thanks you too! I'm retaking mine in October and I thought my all of my apps were on hold til then but I got the interview invite the other day and totally flipped out haha

Has anybody interviewed at midwestern before? I was reading in another thread that the majority, if not all, of the questions have nothing to do with dentistry at all.

Interview Oct. 29
DAT
AA 19
PAT 19
QR 16 :(
RC 19
BIO 20
GC 19
OC 23
TS 21
Oh and my GPA is 3.6 and 3.7 science
do you guys think I have a chance?
You bet you do. Just be cool in your interview and your good.

Hi guys, feel free to ask any questions you may have regarding the interview and school. I'm a D1 this year at MWU CDMI and happy to answer whatever I can.
Best of luck to all if you thus cycle! :)

I think you have a great chance of being accepted. Your stats have landed you the interview but your interviewing skills will have to compliment your stats to earn you your acceptance. I honestly cannot give you a rating (1-10) as to how likely it is that you will be accepted because I have not and will not be interviewing you.

What I can recommend however is that you do your research on the school and just be yourself come interview day. There is no real way to prepare for MWU's interview style and this, personally, was one of my favorite things about this school. The professors and students are all very friendly and no one will ask you any trick questions. The interviews are very conversational and as I'm sure you have read on here, it is very much like 'speed dating'. Just be yourself and give honest answers and you will glide through the interviews!

I think you have a great chance of being accepted. Your stats have landed you the interview but your interviewing skills will have to compliment your stats to earn you your acceptance. I honestly cannot give you a rating (1-10) as to how likely it is that you will be accepted because I have not and will not be interviewing you.

What I can recommend however is that you do your research on the school and just be yourself come interview day. There is no real way to prepare for MWU's interview style and this, personally, was one of my favorite things about this school. The professors and students are all very friendly and no one will ask you any trick questions. The interviews are very conversational and as I'm sure you have read on here, it is very much like 'speed dating'. Just be yourself and give honest answers and you will glide through the interviews!

Hi, thank you for your willingness to help! Can you tell me what the interviewers know about you before they meet you (P.S., resume, etc.) and who interviews you?

Hi, thank you for your willingness to help! Can you tell me what the interviewers know about you before they meet you (P.S., resume, etc.) and who interviews you?

Bear in mind that my experience from last year as well as that of my current classmates is simply our own and may not reflect this cycle as interviews (as far as I'm aware) have not yet started. Our interviews were slightly different from the ones the previous year.

My interviewers knew nothing about me. Not even my name. We were asked to write our names on 6 different stickers that we handed to the interviewer each time we entered a room. They were all professors and all were very friendly. None of the scenarios called for any information off of your application. Just personal real world examples. There were no scenarios where they tried to trip you up (unlike some of the other schools I interviewed at). The atmosphere was very relaxed in terms of the conversation however I can't say the same about anticipation :)
The best advice I can give about this school is just display an interest in the school and be yourself. The rest will sort itself out!

Thanks so much! Any tips for not getting nervous?

There's no real secret in my opinion. It really is per case basis. If you know what works for you then by all means use that as much to your advantage as possible. My personal view is not likely to norm. I tend to reason just about anything through.
My thought process when interview day came around was this: What will being nervous change? If anything, it will give me a worse shot at getting in because I will be tensed up. The sooner I let go of the anxiety, the better it got. I left my anxiety at the door and just joined in to some friendly conversations with the other applicants.
Keep in mind that it's very likely that at least one, if not more, of those other applicants is likely to be your future classmate and colleague. Everyone I have spoken with so far has recognized 1 or more of our classmates as applicants they interviewed with. Might as well get friendly right off hand and get to know people because chances are you will see them again :)

On my secondary it asks when i plan on "retaking" the DAT ... but this October will be the first time taking it. It is technically not a "retake," but should I indicate my October 2013 test date anyway?

:confused::confused::confused:

honestly, it shouldn't matter. once they receive your score it won't make a difference. make sure to call them and make sure that everything is in the clear for you regarding DAT's

I heard this school has filled up interview slots.. like all of them. Any one know if this is true?

100 bucks says you heard wrong. Ny news is true if you heard it from the admission office

Okay. I actually want to call this school tomorrow and figure it out.

I heard this from someone who actually had called admissions and asked.

I heard this school has filled up interview slots.. like all of them. Any one know if this is true?

If that's the case why do they keep telling me that my application is still under review? Sigh..

Yea, I don't know. Maybe they need to update everyone and say we are waitlisted....

Kidding.
But no, seriously.

I will call tomorrow. I know MWU-AZ told people if they were rejected over the phone... maybe I can get an update via phone tomorrow..

Yea, I don't know. Maybe they need to update everyone and say we are waitlisted....

Kidding.
But no, seriously.

I will call tomorrow. I know MWU-AZ told people if they were rejected over the phone... maybe I can get an update via phone tomorrow..

scary..:(

Kidding.
But no, seriously.

I always get this perky lady that tells me the same thing. My app is still under review.

I always get this perky lady that tells me the same thing. My app is still under review.

LOL. Pretty sure I got the same lady today.
Said that interviews have JUST started going out so its "very early in the process" and "we will update you as soon as we change it via US Mail or email."

I don't know what to think of that....

LOL. Pretty sure I got the same lady today.
Said that interviews have JUST started going out so its "very early in the process" and "we will update you as soon as we change it via US Mail or email."

I don't know what to think of that....

How can someone so sweet also be so cruel??

The only silver lining is that as long as you haven't gotten a rejection letter you're still in the game. Cause I'm hoping they will notify you ASAP if you were rejected.

my app was finished processing aug 9th. sent aug 16th. supplemental app was submitted aug 14. Heard nothing yet. any idea?