2013 ****The Official MWU-Chicago 2018 Interview/Acceptance****

has anyone made a facebook page yet?

Members don't see this ad.

eeee SO THRILLED. Accepted yesterday morning...Interviewed Jan. 28!!! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got an interview invite via email. Applied in July.

Reactions: 1 user
WooHoo! I received the acceptance letter on Thursday! Interviewed January 14th. I am looking forward to meeting everyone this fall!

Did anyone that got rejected transfer their application to their biomedical masters program and get accepted? I got my acceptance last week and want to talk to others that got into the program as well!

did anyone get rejection letters from them so far??? do they usually email or send out letters to those who get accepted??? Interviewed there on Jan 14th.

did anyone get rejection letters from them so far??? do they usually email or send out letters to those who get accepted??? Interviewed there on Jan 14th.
Acceptances are sent via email/portal update... Waitlist/rejection via snail mail. You can always email Abbey Walters (I think that's her) for your status

They email the acceptances then send a letter by mail too..I haven't received my mail yet..just my acceptance email.
Interviewed Jan 14th too, accepted Jan 30th.

Does anyone know if MWU will cover loops in the tuition or will we need to purchase them ourselves.

I wonder if anybody knows how full the class is by now.

I wonder if anybody knows how full the class is by now.
facebook group has 26 members... dunno how accurate that is. but maybe someone who has been accepted can enlighten us

Members don't see this ad :)
facebook group has 26 members... dunno how accurate that is. but maybe someone who has been accepted can enlighten us

Ahh kk... that's one way to find out.

26 out of 125 is on FB. That's a good news. However, not all of them have joined or even have FB account. But then again, seniors or alumni might have joined the page as well. So.. eh...

But yeah, thanks ILLchief! :)

When I interviewed there on the 28th, I believe the admissions counselor said they are definitely not full yet... Interview season is far from over!

Here's the thing for MWU-IL, they will try to fill up the majority of their seats by December (roughly 60-75% of the total seats which is anywhere between 130-135). That's why if have a pre-December interview, that's truly great news since your chances of being accepted is greatly increased. So no, not all the spots have been filled yet. In addition, many students also like to submit the deposit to secure their position even though they don't know where they will be going.

The cycle is FAR from over, and there are still plenty of spots that are currently open, and WILL be open when students withdraw from the cycle because they got into another school of some sort. People who get wailisted will hear back anytime between March and May. Why so late? They wait to officially fill up all 130-135 spots, and then they wait for the inevitable "Oh I got into my state school, I don't want to go here anymore". As soon as a spot opens, they will go through the list. If you call the admissions, they will say the waitlist is not ranked, but it actually is. I have spoken with one of the head of the admissions committee, and there is a loose ranking system that they have established. After the interview, they will rank you from best candidate to the worst and then send it to the admissions office. This list, however, is fluid. Your ranking can go up if you send grade updates, new DAT scores, additional letters of recommendations, more shadowing/volunteering hours, and keep in close touch with them to tell them that you are really passionate about being a dentist and that you have chosen MWU-IL to fulfill that passion. Obviously the higher the ranking the higher chance you'll be accepted. Be careful about sending updates though. You want to consistently send something every month. If you send all your updates within a month, then you won't have much to send in the following months if you want to keep your application up-to-date. Make each update count. Sending an update about how you volunteered 2 hours this past week won't do much good. It may also annoy the admissions office. I would bunch together grades, new DAT scores as on solid update. The next month, you can send them a letter of intent. The next month you can send them additional letters of recommendations from different people or the same. Keep this up until you are accepted. There will be a point where you won't be able to send anything in anymore. That's where you may want to come to MWU-IL and speak with Director Laken himself (he's the main guy that makes THE final decision on who to pull off from the waitlist). Every time you have a meeting with him, he marks down on your application that you took the initiative and met with him (this is a very very good thing).

If you are around the area, I highly suggest you come by and speak to the admissions committee. The purpose of doing so is for them to get to know you better. Getting face time with the people who makes the decisions helped me a lot.

Just got an interview invite but will be declining it. Hope this helps someone else out! Good Luck!

Here's the thing for MWU-IL, they will try to fill up the majority of their seats by December (roughly 60-75% of the total seats which is anywhere between 130-135). That's why if have a pre-December interview, that's truly great news since your chances of being accepted is greatly increased. So no, not all the spots have been filled yet. In addition, many students also like to submit the deposit to secure their position even though they don't know where they will be going.

The cycle is FAR from over, and there are still plenty of spots that are currently open, and WILL be open when students withdraw from the cycle because they got into another school of some sort. People who get wailisted will hear back anytime between March and May. Why so late? They wait to officially fill up all 130-135 spots, and then they wait for the inevitable "Oh I got into my state school, I don't want to go here anymore". As soon as a spot opens, they will go through the list. If you call the admissions, they will say the waitlist is not ranked, but it actually is. I have spoken with one of the head of the admissions committee, and there is a loose ranking system that they have established. After the interview, they will rank you from best candidate to the worst and then send it to the admissions office. This list, however, is fluid. Your ranking can go up if you send grade updates, new DAT scores, additional letters of recommendations, more shadowing/volunteering hours, and keep in close touch with them to tell them that you are really passionate about being a dentist and that you have chosen MWU-IL to fulfill that passion. Obviously the higher the ranking the higher chance you'll be accepted. Be careful about sending updates though. You want to consistently send something every month. If you send all your updates within a month, then you won't have much to send in the following months if you want to keep your application up-to-date. Make each update count. Sending an update about how you volunteered 2 hours this past week won't do much good. It may also annoy the admissions office. I would bunch together grades, new DAT scores as on solid update. The next month, you can send them a letter of intent. The next month you can send them additional letters of recommendations from different people or the same. Keep this up until you are accepted. There will be a point where you won't be able to send anything in anymore. That's where you may want to come to MWU-IL and speak with Director Laken himself (he's the main guy that makes THE final decision on who to pull off from the waitlist). Every time you have a meeting with him, he marks down on your application that you took the initiative and met with him (this is a very very good thing).

If you are around the area, I highly suggest you come by and speak to the admissions committee. The purpose of doing so is for them to get to know you better. Getting face time with the people who makes the decisions helped me a lot.

I live in Arkansas but would walk to campus barefoot in the snow if it would help my application at all ha. In all seriousness though, I don't know whether or not to email, call, or be patient. Don't wanna plead or beg, just talk to someone n let them know I'm still alive and kickin. Any advice or calming words would be more than appreciated!

Also do they email, call, or both when notifying someone of an interview?

Also do they email, call, or both when notifying someone of an interview?

They will send an email.

Also, I asked them about upcoming interviews. They said that interview will be held until the end of March. Every week there will be 2 interviews (Tuesday and Thursday) and every time, there will be 16 interviewee.

Going to be there on the 12. Anyone wants to share a car?

Anyone who interviewed on February 6th hear back yet??... when do we hear back

Anyone who interviewed on February 6th hear back yet??... when do we hear back

When I interviewed they said give it a month since the admissions panel meets once a month to decide. Based on the posts in this thread the last time decisions went out this cycle was January 30th so I'm assuming the people who interviewed in February will hear back end of February/early March.

if any 1 wants to rent a car on the 13th, whisper me

Accepted!! Interview 2/18. Boom. Good luck everyone

Reactions: 2 users
Accepted!! Oh gosh... it feels so light right now... Interviewed 2/11. Good luck to everyone else waiting to hear from them! :)

Reactions: 4 users
Accepted too!! Interviewed 2/13.

It feels surreal, but: ACCEPTED!
Interviewed 2/4.

does anyone have any advice for me (my interview is on the 13th and I have never done this multiple interview thing)

My advice is to take it easy, but stay sharp! Eat bananas in the morning and drink coffee, if needed.

Tackle the questions by providing strong arguments from your (main) perspective, but also do not neglect other possible perspectives. Make it concise! you only have (less than) 7 minutes to discuss your answer!

And of course, have fun! When I was at the interview, everyone was so damn friendly. I'm pretty sure you will be able to enjoy the interview process too. :)

Good luck!

Also, this might help: http://schools.studentdoctor.net/school/midwestern-il-d/survey/28

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Was accepted last Tuesday, couldn't be more excited. Is there a facebook group or anything?

Did anyone that got rejected transfer their application to their biomedical masters program and get accepted? I got my acceptance last week and want to talk to others that got into the program as well!

I got my application transferred to the 2-year Biomedical Science program and was accepted :D! Did you apply for the 2-year of 1-year program?

Are they done interviewing ? Or waiting on indecisives before anymore offered?

Is anyone kind enough to give me a ride from O'hare airport to an inn by Midwestern? :X Ill be there at 7pm

Just got an interview invite. Excited and nervous lol.

Congrats! I hope they call me soon. By the way are u outta state and what's ur stats if u don't mine me asking?

Congrats! I hope they call me soon. By the way are u outta state and what's ur stats if u don't mine me asking?
OOS (TX), ~3.4 oGPA, ~3.2 sGPA, 19/19/19 (AA/TS/PAT). I think schools are trying to fill up the last bit of their classes. Keep your hopes up! Good luck. :)
Good luck! It's a really nice school I really can't wait to start the first day of school. :)
Thanks man! Can't wait to see it. I heard the school looks amazing lol. How was the interview process for you? Any tips on anything would be great. :)

Thanks man! Can't wait to see it. I heard the school looks amazing lol. How was the interview process for you? Any tips on anything would be great. :)

I posted a little advice for someone before. Go ahead, scroll up, and take a look. PM me if you have any question. I will be more than happy to help. :)

Are there still spots available at MWU?

EDIT: I called the school. 8/26 is the matriculation date for those who might not know.

Last edited: