2013 ****The Official MWU-Chicago 2018 Interview/Acceptance****

Just declined my offer of acceptance here for MWU-AZ (couldn't resist the warm weather :D), so good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Just curious why they haven't invited me for interview or sent rejection letter? Should I call and ask them? Who should I call about my status?

Just curious why they haven't invited me for interview or sent rejection letter? Should I call and ask them? Who should I call about my status?
If you're seriously still interested, I would call ASAP seeing as they stop interviewing at the end of this month.

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats! I forgot to ask, maybe you know... for our DAT score that has to be 1 S.D away from the incoming class is that 1 S.D more or less? So ex. last year's incoming class was 18-21 assuming it stays the same what does our DAT score need to be in order for us to get the guranteed interview????

I should have asked! But I was still wrapping my heard around wether I should put down that major deposit

Regarding MWU- IL

For those of you out there wondering if they are sending out any more invites for interviews... Admissions (specifically Abbey Walters) told me that the last dates for interviews are Tuesday March 25th and Thursday March 27th. No more after that.

I quote from my email from her:
"...The dates that are available are the only remaining interview dates for this admissions cycle; we will not have any additional interviews..."

That being said I got invited for one yesterday, I interview March 27th!! I made it literally by the skin of my teeth... but hey I'm not about to look the gift horse in the mouth, just thrilled to be given the chance in interview!! :banana:

Does anyone have any advice what to do AFTER the interview to put myself on their radar? ..other than pray. lol.

Last edited:
After the interview, they will rank you from best candidate to the worst and then send it to the admissions office. This list, however, is fluid. Your ranking can go up if you send grade updates, new DAT scores, additional letters of recommendations, more shadowing/volunteering hours, and keep in close touch with them to tell them that you are really passionate about being a dentist and that you have chosen MWU-IL to fulfill that passion. Obviously the higher the ranking the higher chance you'll be accepted. Be careful about sending updates though. You want to consistently send something every month. If you send all your updates within a month, then you won't have much to send in the following months if you want to keep your application up-to-date. Make each update count. Sending an update about how you volunteered 2 hours this past week won't do much good. It may also annoy the admissions office. I would bunch together grades, new DAT scores as on solid update. The next month, you can send them a letter of intent. The next month you can send them additional letters of recommendations from different people or the same. Keep this up until you are accepted. There will be a point where you won't be able to send anything in anymore. That's where you may want to come to MWU-IL and speak with Director Laken himself (he's the main guy that makes THE final decision on who to pull off from the waitlist). Every time you have a meeting with him, he marks down on your application that you took the initiative and met with him (this is a very very good thing).
=.

....have people really been doing all of this?? If so... that I am severally behind because I have been waiting patiently and quietly. I interview March 27th... but after I guess I'll be sending updates... not that there is too much to send other than new coursework completed! :bang:

maybe I can score a meeting with Director Laken.

Has MWU filled all their seats? I know 125-130 matriculate, but how many are sent acceptance offers, 200-250?

Do they even have any seats left? Why can't they be like the Arizona campus and specify how many seats are taken?

Accepted! can't believe it. interviewed march 13th.

Reactions: 2 users
Accepted! I interviewed on March 13th :)

hello everyone who is waiting,
I just called in and withdrew my accepted application.
I hope some one who really wants it should take my spot.
so for those who still are waiting as a student know that there is atleast one seat open as of now!
goodluck

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Got accepted too.. WAS SO THRILLED and even cried a lil :biglove::biglove:

Are we starting Sep 2? im calling them tomorrow to check :soexcited:

For those of you who were accepted, did you all interview on March 13?
Got accepted too.. WAS SO THRILLED and even cried a lil :biglove::biglove:

Are we starting Sep 2? im calling them tomorrow to check :soexcited:
Yup, Sept. 2, but there's an orientation on Aug. 26-27.

Seems like a lot of people were accepted recently. Hopefully I get in too. :xf::xf:

ACCEPTED!!! FREAKING OUT!!!!! Interviewed March 27th! Just heard today !! :banana::biglove::claps::soexcited::soexcited::soexcited::soexcited::soexcited:

Reactions: 2 users
ACCEPTED!!! FREAKING OUT!!!!! Interviewed March 27th! Just heard today !! :banana::biglove::claps::soexcited::soexcited::soexcited::soexcited::soexcited:
Seriously? Congrats.
They told us it'd take five weeks for a decision. How'd you hear?

Interviewed 3/27, received acceptance via email 4 days later!!

Seriously? Congrats.

Based on the pattern that I see on this thread, it seems that they get together and accept applicants at the end of the month. So, if you go for an interview on the first day of the month or on the 27th, you will hear from them at the same time, which is close to the end of that particular month. They said that 5 weeks is when you can expect to hear from them regarding the decision. But, at least to me, they didn't say when is the earliest time you can hear from them. I could very well be wrong, though.

Congratz to all who just recently got accepted and good luck to those who are still waiting to hear from them! :)

Do they have dorms? Who needs a roomate lol

I heard from the current students that living on campus has some downsides, namely there is only one way in/out and that having guests over is extremely difficult.

Accepted! Interviewed 3/27, absolute last day! So excited! Congrats to all

Seriously? Congrats.

Before the interview they told us that we were the last group to get interviews for the rest of the cycle... than they said that the committee meets once a month and that for the month of March they haven't met yet. They said that since it's the last month we will know within a week... by email only if it's an acceptance... snail mail : acceptance, rejection or alternate list. Good Luck to you!

Anyone who interviewed on 3/25 heard anything?

So if someone can tell me where's a good place for dental students to live at... or if someone needs a roomie, I'd be greatly appreciative :D

Rent seems to be 1k/1bd and $500 if sharing ?

So if someone can tell me where's a good place for dental students to live at... or if someone needs a roomie, I'd be greatly appreciative :D

Rent seems to be 1k/1bd and $500 if sharing ?

I'm looking at Yorktown Apartments, The City View Highlands, Residence of the Grove and Versailles On the Lake... I've been doing my homework on places for months I'm OOS. Some of my friends at MWU suggested those places as well! Best of luck!!!!

I believe you get the option of either a Dell or Macbook (Macbook Pro 13 inch). I'm not sure what model the Dell is though since I don't see many people on campus having it.

Congratulations to everyone who was accepted. I interviewed and was accepted in February. I'll be coming from California, anyone else from out here? Any tips for surviving the winter? I am not afraid of the cold because I live in the desert and it can get mighty cold here. I am worried about getting around in the snow since I'll be living off campus.

Can a student from MWU tell us how many patients they get to see on average?

Congratulations to everyone who was accepted. I interviewed and was accepted in February. I'll be coming from California, anyone else from out here? Any tips for surviving the winter? I am not afraid of the cold because I live in the desert and it can get mighty cold here. I am worried about getting around in the snow since I'll be living off campus.

___

Try to find a place close by! Traffic around here can be crazy 5 min drive can easily turn into 10-15 mins if not more depending on traffic!

I believe you get the option of either a Dell or Macbook (Macbook Pro 13 inch). I'm not sure what model the Dell is though since I don't see many people on campus having it.

____

I took a tour on Friday, they lady said a MacBook and even if you have a MacBook (like I do) you still have to purchase a new one :/

So has anyone gotten in from the waitlist yet?

If anyone is looking for a roommate/s please post it on the FB group so more people will likely check it!

I just gave up my spot.
Hopefully someone from the waitlist gets in. Good luck to all of you. MWU is a great school.

I have not decided anything yet. Haha I am an international student and for us, different finance policy is applied by MWU. I happen to be the one who cannot fulfill the requirements.
For those of you who got waitlisted good luck! MWU is really great school. If you cannot make it this year, please do not get depressed. Based on my experience, I know for a fact that it won't kill you, and you will get over it:). It just takes time.

Does MWU designate a certain number of seats for international students or is it free for all?

I believe it is free for all. But obviously priority goes to students who are from IL.
During the interview a lady told me that they practically send out 2 offers for every spot.
Does MWU designate a certain number of seats for international students or is it free for all?

Hey guys
Does anyone know whether the committee has met for the month of april yet?

Thanks

Omg.. Sigh. Do i have to make a fb now so i can talk to ppl in my class
:/ i'm like going to have no one in it.

Just declined my offer of acceptance here for MWU-AZ (couldn't resist the warm weather :D), so good luck everyone!

Same here. Good luck to those of you waiting to hear back. I withdrew my application today. The school seems really awesome and anyone would be lucky to go here.

Same here. Good luck to those of you waiting to hear back. I withdrew my application today. The school seems really awesome and anyone would be lucky to go here.
what was your guys reasoning for choosing between the 2 MWUs? besides the warm weather haha @akwuiuc also

what was your guys reasoning for choosing between the 2 MWUs? besides the warm weather haha @akwuiuc also

I'm actually from California, so distance was a bit of a factor there, being able to travel back and forth is nice. Living expenses are also cheaper in Glendale compared to DG. I did my masters at MWU-AZ and have a lot of friends already in the dental school. They really, really love it there and it made me really, really wish I could be there too. However, if I was going just by my experience during the interviews, I thought that IL made a better impression during the interview process and if I didn't already have my heart set on going to AZ from the start, I might have gone to IL. Ultimately though, I made my decision because AZ had the more established program. If the programs had been established at the same time, the decision would have been a lot more difficult, but as it stands, AZ has a more proven track record, so there I go.

I just declined my spot yesterday, gluck to everyone still waiting.

Well, I'm looking for a furnished place.. if any1 has anything in mind.
Can also consider an awesome roommate that's not a pain in the butt if available.

congrats to those who got in ... lhmai7 is right. Having guests is difficult and extremely annoying.

Last edited:
Hi! I'm new to SDN and I'm actually applying to the CDMI for class of 2019 can anyone please tell me if I stand a chance of getting in? Any type of feed back is welcomed!

Undergrad: University of Illinois Chicago
Gpa: 3.48
Science Gpa: 3.23
Dat 20
Pat 20
No section was under 17 on dat. Also does being a psych major help or hurt? I've completed over 100 hours shadowing and have all other requirements met.

I really think so. Just ace your interview and you are golden! :) good luck!