2013 TWU & UTMB Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

advoc82OT

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello!

Just wanted to start a thread for all those who are applying to TWU and UTMB. I received an email on 10/15 for an invite to interview at UTMB. =) Very excited (and nervous)! I know TWU will send out their invites in November. Has anyone else heard anything?

Members don't see this ad.

Hello! It is good to see a thread like this. I applied TWU, and they said they will send out invitations in the beginning of November.

Hi,
I received an interview email today from texas tech:). I have the option of either choosing a phone interview or traveling there for an onsite interview. Just wondering if there is any advantage or disadvantage choosing either one. The sch says none but i dont think they would say if there was one. I am leaning towards the phone interview cos i live in dallas, but any advice would be appreciated.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi guys! I applied to TWU Dallas. I know the apps were just due like literally a week ago, but I am already obsessing about it! Where did everyone else apply?

Hello, I applied for Texas Tech and they sent me an email that says that they would contact me if I was selected for an interview. So far I haven't heard anything from them but could it be that my GPA would affect me? Is there a possibility that any program would even consider me? It is the first time I apply to Texas Tech and UTHSCSA. It is my second time I apply to UTMB. Oh by the way my GPA is a 3.0. Any feedback is greatly appreciated! Thanks :)

Hello, I applied for Texas Tech and they sent me an email that says that they would contact me if I was selected for an interview. So far I haven't heard anything from them but could it be that my GPA would affect me? Is there a possibility that any program would even consider me? It is the first time I apply to Texas Tech and UTHSCSA. It is my second time I apply to UTMB. Oh by the way my GPA is a 3.0. Any feedback is greatly appreciated! Thanks :)

Hi Fruityloops,

I only applied to UTMB and TWU. You said that this is your second time applying at UTMB, did you get an invite to interview last time? I am unfamiliar with Texas Tech since I have to stay in Houston.

Hi advoc82OT, thanks for responding. Yes, it's my second time applying and I did get interviewed. Last time I only applied to UTMB and to the early acceptance. This time I am applying to the late acceptance deadline Jan 15. But now I am applying to Texas Tech and UTHSCSA as well.

Hi advoc82OT!

Can I ask what your overall and pre req gpa? I am thinking about applying to late acceptance deadline.

Hi advoc82OT!

Can I ask what your overall and pre req gpa? I am thinking about applying to late acceptance deadline.

Hi CCTXgirl,

My overall is about 3.5 and pre-req is 3.4, so not as as high as others. I would apply anyway since they are filling 2/3 of the class during early acceptance. =)

Hi,
i have an onsite interview with texas tech on the 9th. my gpa is 3.5 and my overall gpa is 3.8. hope this help.

Hello! I have applied to TWU-Houston, and am eagerly waiting to hear back about an interview. I have been looking forward to/dreading this time of the year because I have wanted to be an OT for a long time now! Good luck guys :)!!!

Overall GPA (Last 60): 3.78
Pre-req GPA: 3.4
Observation hours: 85 hours with 4 different OT's
Major: Education at The University of Houston

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello! I have applied to TWU-Houston, and am eagerly waiting to hear back about an interview. I have been looking forward to/dreading this time of the year because I have wanted to be an OT for a long time now! Good luck guys :)!!!

Haha, I know exactly what you mean! This year is my second year applying and I am excited but also dread this time of year. Good luck to all of us! Is this your second year applying as well? What other schools did you consider?

Your stats sound very similar to mine! I applied to Dallas, but am open to Houston. Ah!! Good luck!!! So anxious! :eek:

Hey! This is my first time applying, and hopefully my last. I'm only able to apply to TWU-Houston due to my living situation, job, and other factors. I'm just praying that I get in, but if not I will definitely try again next year! What are your stats? Did you get invited to attend the interview last year, and if so what type of questions did they ask? Thank you so much! I have been waiting for a thread to start so we could all communicate and update each other :)

Tomorrow is the first day of November.... hopefully that means interview letters are soon to come. Good luck everyone. I feel like barfing. :bang::barf:

Hi,

Just wanting to know if you all find my stats competitive for TWU-Houston! I'm very nervous

GPA ( last 60 hours) 3.3
Pre-Rec GPA 3.5
Observation hours: OT tech at peds clinic: 200 hours, 20 in short term rehab, 20 in other peds clinic
Major: Human Development at UT Austin

I would appreciate any advice!

Thanks

I applied to TWU as well and obsessively checking the TWU applicants email, which is completely silly! I went to the Dallas orientation and they said they would let us know in November, but I applied to Houston. Does anyone know if they send out their info at a later date?

Yeeepi, i just got an interview email from UTMB for the 30th of Nov. Its now 2 down, one to go. Still expecting an invite from TWU Dallas.:)

Yeeepi, i just got an interview email from UTMB for the 30th of Nov. Its now 2 down, one to go. Still expecting an invite from TWU Dallas.:)

How exciting! I applied to TWU Dallas as well. I was wondering what your stats are if you don't mind? I do not know a single person who has applied there or who has gone there-- so I was wondering if my stats are competitive for Dallas. :)

Good luck!! I hope we both get interviews! :)

Hi J44,
Thnks alot. my starts are -------------- last 90 credit 3.8
pre-req GPA 3.5
Volunteer hrs 47 .
I hope this helps u and i pray we both get the TWU Dallas interview letters cos i live in Dallas and its my first choice.

Last edited:
Hi J44,
Thnks alot. my starts are -------------- last 90 credit 3.8
pre-req GPA 3.5
Volunteer hrs 47 .
I hope this helps u and i pray we both get the TWU Dallas sends us the interview letters cos i leave in Dallas and its my first choice.

Your last 90 hour gpa is pretty strong. My last 60 hour gpa is a 3.3 and pre-rec gpa a 3.5 and I applied to TWU Houston so I am very nervous. I have over 200 hours as an OT Tech, and 40 hours in both adult short term rehab and a peds clinic.

Thanks a lot but Dont be scared, have faith. Your volunteer hrs may supplement your GPAs.

Hey guys! I applied to TWU-Dallas only...I got an interview!!!!! Has everyone else received emails??

Hey guys! I applied to TWU-Dallas only...I got an interview!!!!! Has everyone else received emails??
Congrats MOT hopeful! Do you mind sharing your stats? I applied to Houston TWU and I have not seen yet that anyone has received an email, on the other TWU thread they were told that they would not receive an email until mid-November!

MOT hopeful, would you mind sharing your GPA stats...just wanted to get an idea of the applicant pool this year

YAY!! I am excited for you!! I got an interview as well. I'll be seeing ya in Dallas bright and early Nov. 30th :D:D:D:D

Would anyone with an interview to TWU Dallas mind sharing their last 60hrs GPA?

I have an interview at UTMB for MOT program on Friday. A little nervous. My #1 choice is TWU Dallas and have not yet received anything. I did send email and received the reply that notifications would be sent out mid November, so keeping my fingers crossed. My stats are
Pre Req; 3.6
Last 60; 3.74

I also applied to Texas Tech and UTHSC.

I just received my TWU-Houston interview invite for December 7th!! I'm so excited!!! Good luck!!

I dont mind sharing!

Overall 3.76
Prerequisites: 3.7
Last 60: 3.8
With 25 hrs of volunteering with OT

What about any others that got interviews in Dallas? Cant wait to meet everyone and good luck!

I'm so excited to interview at UTMB! It's my dream school. I was wondering if they go ahead and interview everyone that applied for the early acceptance? It seems like they are interviewing a ton! Good luck to everyone! :luck:

I got an interview for Nov 30 in Dallas! Kinda nervous about the writing activity?
My stats are 3.75 Overall and 4.0 pre req. 400 + hours of observation (from work).
Good Luck everyone!

I have an interview with TWU on Dec 07 too! I haven't applied to UTMB but I will be doing so soon. Gluck to all :)

Hi BS1048,
How was ur UTMB interview? could u share wat the interview questions were and wat the essay topic was about?

Hi everyone,
I just got an email saying i have been invited to interview at the Houston campus. Even though my first choice is the Dallas campus cos i live in Dallas, i had indicated in my application that i was open to any of their locations. I am so glad to get this interview cos since i was told that the cutoff for Dallas was 3.8, i have been sad cos my GPA is 3.7. So for anyone out there who indicated that they were open to any location, there is still hope out there.:)

Last edited:
I received an email on Friday from TWU for an interview at the Houston campus. I applied with my first choice as Dallas, but indicated I was open for the Houston campus also. Dallas or Houston, I don't care - I just want in! I'm so thankful. I had an interviwew for UTMB on 11/9. My stats are 3.74 last 60 hours. I also applied to Texas Tech and UTHSC; but have not heard anything from Tech. I am so thankful! Goodluck to everyone!!

Very relaxed atmosphere. I was definitely over-prepared. The essay was discussing the pros & cons of technology in todays OT practice. The group interview was a team craft project. I think they were looking for teamwork and leadership, etc. All the current students there were so nice as well as the group of applicants. Goodluck. My stats are 3.7 prereqs; overall 3.6; last 60 hrs. 3.75.

I received an email on Friday from TWU for an interview at the Houston campus. I applied with my first choice as Dallas, but indicated I was open for the Houston campus also. Dallas or Houston, I don't care - I just want in! I'm so thankful. I had an interviwew for UTMB on 11/9. My stats are 3.74 last 60 hours. I also applied to Texas Tech and UTHSC; but have not heard anything from Tech. Goodluck to everyone!!

Thanks a lot BS1048 for that info. I really didnt know how to or what to read in preparation for the essay. Mine is on Dec 7, the same day as my interview at TWU Houston. I dont know what to do or how am going to attend both interviews on the same day. Any advice will be appreciated.

Dates: TWU HOUSTON DEC 7 8AM- 1PM, UTMB GALVESTON DEC 7 1PM-6PM

BS1048,
I think you should call Texas tech and find out why u have not been called, there may be a mix up or something cos my GPA is not up to yours and i already did my interview over the phone. i also see u were pulled into the Houston interview as myself, we will definitely meet in Houston. if you re interested let me know so i can inbox u my real info.

Last edited:
Congratulations on the Houston interviews!!! :) I wonder why some got pulled for Houston instead of Dallas? Do you think that means after your Houston interview they could accept you to Dallas?

From what am told, Dallas is full and there was still openings in Houston. Maybe Houston's cutoff is lower than Dallas or more people applied to Dallas than to Houston.

BS1048,
I think you should call Texas tech and find out why u have not been called, there may be a mix up or something cos my GPA is not up to yours and i already did my interview over the phone. i also see u were pulled into the Houston interview as myself, we will definitely meet in Houston. if you re interested let me know so i can inbox u my real info.
Can you give me a heads up on who to contact at Tech to see if I made the interview list?

Thanks a lot BS1048 for that info. I really didnt know how to or what to read in preparation for the essay. Mine is on Dec 7, the same day as my interview at TWU Houston. I dont know what to do or how am going to attend both interviews on the same day. Any advice will be appreciated.

Dates: TWU HOUSTON DEC 7 8AM- 1PM, UTMB GALVESTON DEC 7 1PM-6PM
That's a tough one....both interviews on the same day. My UTMB interview started promptly at 1 PM and I didn't get out till 5:30 or so. Lot's of down time, but definitely started on time. I have no idea abou the TWU and if you get out early. I guess just be ready to book it when you complete TWU. Best of luck!!

Hi BS1048,
I got my interview email from the director of the program herself. Her name is Dawndra Sechrist and her email is [email protected]. Am sure she will be able to shed some light on your application status.

Hi BS1048,
What do you think i will miss out on if i get to UTMB an hr late?