**2014 - 2015 APPLICATION SEASON INFORMATION! READ me FIRST!**

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BB8730

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Threads are now open for 2014 - 2015 application season as follows:

Primary Application

Interview

Other
What are my chances? - Please post all questions about "What are my chances at X?", "Is my GPA/MCAT high enough for Y?", or "With these stats where should I apply?" or similar questions in this forum.
Underdog Thread
Applicant stats thread
Average MCAT and cGPA spreadsheet
Index of school-specific threads

Please read the above threads before posting. It would also be a good idea to check out last year's threads as well, as many questions are very similar year to year (in the post below)

Good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Below is last year's (2013 - 2014) application season info sticky:

Primary Application
AACOMAS Frequently Asked Questions - Start here if you have a question about AACOMAS
AACOMAS Questions Thread - Post here if you haven't found an answer to your AACOMAS question after reading the FAQ and searching
Official Personal Statement Guide
Depakote's Personal Statement Guide/Tips

Secondary Application

Interview

Other
What are my chances? - Please post all questions about "What are my chances at X?", "Is my GPA/MCAT high enough for Y?", or "With these stats where should I apply?" or similar questions in this forum.
Underdog Thread
Off-topic Thread

2012 - 2013 Application Season Information

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
You the man brakk. Can you go in the chances thread and look at mine and tell me if you think I have a shot?! I'm trying to compile a list

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if "Travel Study" is the same thing as "Study Abroad"? For the purpose of applying, of course. There's a subtle difference but I don't know if it's really all that important:

Travel Study: Studying abroad with professors specifically from your college. Basically, the class is one giant field trip.
Study Abroad: Studying abroad at another institute in that country.

Help me -__-

Who are examples of "premedical advisor/committee?"
If I don't have a letter from one of them but a school requires it, is it an absolute necessity?
Thanks

Who are examples of "premedical advisor/committee?"
If I don't have a letter from one of them but a school requires it, is it an absolute necessity?
Thanks

I didn't have one. I think last cycle only the PCOMs required either a committe/premed advisor letter or a letter from your undergrad department chair. The rest may recommend a committee letter but will take other letters instead, if necessary.

I'm taking my mcat may 30th, if i submit using only 1 school to verify would my app for the other schools get pushed significantly back? Is it worth just submitting to all the schools i want to apply to in order to have it be one of the 1st looked at even if the score isn't as high as I want it to be?

Hello everyone:

I would like to know what are my chances of getting in with the following?

Degree in Psychology (Honors) and Biology
cGPA 3.62 sGPA 3.50 MCAT 24
Strong ECs (publication, research and shadowing for over 2 years, work experience, community service, leadership)

Thanks and please no mean comments!

Hello everyone:

I would like to know what are my chances of getting in with the following?

Degree in Psychology (Honors) and Biology
cGPA 3.62 sGPA 3.50 MCAT 24
Strong ECs (publication, research and shadowing for over 2 years, work experience, community service, leadership)

Thanks and please no mean comments!
Hi.

Please post your question in the "What Are My Chances?" forum.
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/forumdisplay.php?f=418

Status
Not open for further replies.