2014-2015 Application Status Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Mine was the 11th day. Thought I was going to explode.

Members don't see this ad.

I interviewed on Oct 22nd, and yeah they waited till the 9th business day from my interview to respond. It sorta racks on the nerves a bit lol.
If you don't mind me asking, how many interviewees were in your group?

anyone who has received a response from DMU, how long did it take to hear a response from them??

Members don't see this ad :)
anyone who has received a response from DMU, how long did it take to hear a response from them??

Mine took 6 business days. I interviewed on Oct. 17 and got my email on Oct. 27

Reactions: 1 user
Interview at Temple on Monday!! Anyone else have one that day?

Heading to new york for my interview

Reactions: 2 users
I'm scared :(
Don't be!! I interviewed at NY and it was my first..The staff is super nice and the interview session is do-able! As long as you've prepared well, you should be fine! Good luck! :)

For anyone who has already interviewed at Temple: did you get some kind of confirmation email or any kind of reminder before your interview?

First interview tomorrow, at DMU. Wish me luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted to DMU, Class of '19! WOOOOT! :D

Reactions: 4 users
Accepted to DMU, Class of '19! WOOOOT! :D

Congrats! I also received an acceptance to DMU this morning. Perhaps we'll be classmates in the near future :)

Reactions: 1 users
Congrats! I also received an acceptance to DMU this morning. Perhaps we'll be classmates in the near future :)

Congrats to the both of you! Hope to see y'all in Des Moines next year!

I interviewed at Scholl on 10/27 and I received an email today saying my file was reviewed by the admission committee and put on hold for the MCAT scores. I sent my MCAT score to AACPMAS back in August but apparently they were never posted. I spoke to them today and they said it should be cleared up in a few days. The email said that they, obviously, can't send an acceptance without official scores. I'm hoping this is good news because if they were going to reject me I doubt they'd bother asking for official scores. Scholl is my number one choice so I'm hoping to hear back soon.

I interviewed & got a rejection e-mail from CSPM:(; so I have to now scramble to reschedule my interviews (DMU/Scholls/NYCPM....Kent?/Barry?) to an earlier date since I have to put down my deposit for Western by 11/30. I was planning on staying in California so I would like to save myself some stress & just put down my deposit but Western's facilities didn't impress as much as I would have liked.

Thanksgiving is going to screw me over w/ the travel & holiday closure at the interview sites but I would like to interview at DMU/Scholls/NYCPM before the holiday if my work schedule permits. I'm assuming the committee won't be meeting during the week of thanksgiving so I'm not even sure when I will even hear back from them after the interview....hopefully before 11/30. I'm not kicking myself for canceling my DMU 11/10 interview last week b/c of the ticket price.

Last edited:
I interviewed & got a rejection e-mail from CSPM:(; so I have to now scramble to reschedule my interviews (DMU/Scholls/NYCPM....Kent?/Barry?) to an earlier date since I have to put down my deposit for Western by 11/30. I was planning on staying in California so I would like to save myself some stress & just put down my deposit but Western's facilities didn't impress as much as I would have liked.

Thanksgiving is going to screw me over w/ the travel & holiday closure at the interview sites but I would like to interview at DMU/Scholls/NYCPM before the holiday if my work schedule permits. I'm assuming the committee won't be meeting during the week of thanksgiving so I'm not even sure when I will even hear back from them after the interview....hopefully before 11/30. I'm not kicking myself for canceling my DMU 11/10 interview last week b/c of the ticket price.
Give Western a call and let them know what you are doing and maybe they will give you an extension. Do some investigating and see if the other schools will be worth the trip for you. If you doubt the school will be a good fit then it might not be wise to interview and you can save some money.

I had the interview, the first thing they did was talk about scholarships so I took that as a good sign

Last edited:
Give Western a call and let them know what you are doing and maybe they will give you an extension. Do some investigating and see if the other schools will be worth the trip for you. If you doubt the school will be a good fit then it might not be wise to interview and you can save some money.

I just said eff it & sent my deposit check to Western.

Submitted my deposit to Scholl last night!

Reactions: 3 users
Received an acceptance to CSPM this morning.

However, the email states that 10 days are given to submit a deposit? Isn't 30 days the norm?

Reactions: 3 users

However, the email states that 10 days are given to submit a deposit? Isn't 30 days the norm?

According to the AACPM, schools are supposed to give you at least 30 days at this stage of the game.

Schools and colleges of podiatric medicine begin extending offers of admission to acceptable
candidates anytime after the interview. Applicants will be requested to submit any necessary
documents, including a deposit, according to the following schedule:
 Through March 31, allow 30 days for candidates to respond to offers of admission;
and
 Between April 1 and June 30, allow 14 days for candidates to respond to offers of
admission; and
 After July 1, candidates may be asked for an immediate deposit.

https://aacpmas.liaisoncas.com/applicant-ux/api/resource/aacpmas-traffic-rules.pdf

10 days is crazy fast. I am sure that the date was not updated on the acceptance when it was sent to you. Give Andre a call and he will get it right for you.

Last edited:

Typo. I contacted Andre, do the same

I interviewed at Scholl on 10/27 and I received an email today saying my file was reviewed by the admission committee and put on hold for the MCAT scores. I sent my MCAT score to AACPMAS back in August but apparently they were never posted. I spoke to them today and they said it should be cleared up in a few days. The email said that they, obviously, can't send an acceptance without official scores. I'm hoping this is good news because if they were going to reject me I doubt they'd bother asking for official scores. Scholl is my number one choice so I'm hoping to hear back soon.
The same thing happened to me

According to the AACPM, schools are supposed to give you at least 30 days at this stage of the game.

Schools and colleges of podiatric medicine begin extending offers of admission to acceptable
candidates anytime after the interview. Applicants will be requested to submit any necessary
documents, including a deposit, according to the following schedule:
 Through March 31, allow 30 days for candidates to respond to offers of admission;
and
 Between April 1 and June 30, allow 14 days for candidates to respond to offers of
admission; and
 After July 1, candidates may be asked for an immediate deposit.

https://aacpmas.liaisoncas.com/applicant-ux/api/resource/aacpmas-traffic-rules.pdf
10 days is crazy fast. I am sure that the date was not updated on the acceptance when it was sent to you. Give Andre a call and he will get it right for you.
Typo. I contacted Andre, do the same

You all are awesome! Thanks! I contacted Andre and he corrected it :)

Also, accepted to WesternU today! Woooot!

I would call or email the admissions office and ask them. I know they were having issues with AACPMAS earlier in the cycle.
They called me and told me to contact the AACPMAS office. I did and they said they would get back to me in a few days

I recently got ii from AZPOD. Can anyone give me advice on how to prepare for ii? Thanks.

I recently got ii from AZPOD. Can anyone give me advice on how to prepare for ii? Thanks.
Use the interview feedback on the resources tab on here, it helped me a lot for my interviews.

They called me and told me to contact the AACPMAS office. I did and they said they would get back to me in a few days
Yes, I contacted AACPMAS and they fixed the issue after a few days. Kim from admissions emailed me last Wednesday and said that she had updated my application and submitted it for final review so I'm hoping to hear back soon.

officially accepted to CSPM! :highfive:

You all are awesome! Thanks! I contacted Andre and he corrected it :)

Also, accepted to WesternU today! Woooot!
Congrats!! Think you'll be going to CSPM? I interviewed a few places after and got other acceptances but decided to just cancel everything else and go there. Something just really drew me there so I decided to go with the gut!

Congrats!! Think you'll be going to CSPM? I interviewed a few places after and got other acceptances but decided to just cancel everything else and go there. Something just really drew me there so I decided to go with the gut!

I'm still interviewing at schools, but I definitely like CSPM. The Highland Hospital rotations during third year are a huge benefit as the 3rd/4th years there seem extremely capable. The students I met weren't stressed and seemed to enjoy the curriculum. However, living in the Bay Area can be expensive, so I need to weigh out the logistics of attending the schools I applied to, to find the place I'm most financially comfortable with.

I'm excited that you have made up your mind and think you made a great decision!

I'm still interviewing at schools, but I definitely like CSPM. The Highland Hospital rotations during third year are a huge benefit as the 3rd/4th years there seem extremely capable. The students I met weren't stressed and seemed to enjoy the curriculum. However, living in the Bay Area can be expensive, so I need to weigh out the logistics of attending the schools I applied to, to find the place I'm most financially comfortable with.

I'm excited that you have made up your mind and think you made a great decision!
I felt the exact same way as you. About the high cost of living, a student on my interview made a great point which was with their generous scholarship money like $20k, the amount spent would be comparable or perhaps even cheaper than going to a place like say Kent with a much lower cost of living but somewhere where you'd most likely be paying full tuition (unless you get their 4.0 half tuition scholarship...which would be awesome..I don't know if I'll be THAT awesome though haha)

KSU acceptance today! :)

Loved the feeling I got from the faculty/adcom here.

I got my acceptance from Scholl yesterday :)

I got accepted into NYCPM and Temple recently and I am having trouble deciding between the two of them. Anyone wanna help me decide?

For those that interviewed at Barry, how long before you heard back? *getting anxious*

Accepted this morning to Temple!

The decision that I have to make in the coming week(s) is becoming more and more difficult.

Accepted this morning to Temple!

The decision that I have to make in the coming week(s) is becoming more and more difficult.

Deciding where to send the deposit is the most stressful thing i have ever dealt with

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

Reactions: 6 users