2014-2015 Application Status Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got an email from Barry! "Thank you for your application to Barry University's School of Podiatric Medicine. Your application has been received and is currently being processed."
Hopefully interview invites are coming!!! :soexcited:

Members don't see this ad.

Just got an email from Barry! "Thank you for your application to Barry University's School of Podiatric Medicine. Your application has been received and is currently being processed."
Hopefully interview invites are coming!!! :soexcited:

Me too!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I got one from CSPM, Barry and NYCPM ! I hope interview invites come later this week!!!

Reactions: 1 user
lol I wonder what would happen if BoilerPod and the legendary PsychPod got into a fight. Should be interesting. On a more serious note, I've also received letters from CSPM, Barry, NYCPM, and AZPOD. Good luck everyone!

I'm surprised Skip isn't telling us he's already been admitted to all 9 but decided that podiatry is a joke and rejected his admittance ;P

I've received emails from Barry, CSPM and NYCPM. Barry put me on hold already as my MCAT score isn't in, I'm sure CSPM and NYCPM will be doing the same shortly :( 28 days to go til I get my score and I'm going insane. I hope some schools interview me before I get my scores. I'd like them to get a good impression of me first because the Sept 6th MCAT was terrible!! Not looking forward to seeing my scores at all :(

I'm surprised Skip isn't telling us he's already been admitted to all 9 but decided that podiatry is a joke and rejected his admittance ;P

I've received emails from Barry, CSPM and NYCPM. Barry put me on hold already as my MCAT score isn't in, I'm sure CSPM and NYCPM will be doing the same shortly :( 28 days to go til I get my score and I'm going insane. I hope some schools interview me before I get my scores. I'd like them to get a good impression of me first because the Sept 6th MCAT was terrible!! Not looking forward to seeing my scores at all :(

I'm not going to dignify your snarky comment by responding to it. I wish you the best in life.

I don't think anyone really looks forward to getting their scores.

Everyone walks out of the MCAT feeling like crap. I bet you'll be pleasantly surprised when you get your scores.

Reactions: 1 users
I don't think anyone really looks forward to getting their scores.

Everyone walks out of the MCAT feeling like crap. I bet you'll be pleasantly surprised when you get your scores.

Thanks guys.

Kent just wrote me too saying mine was processed. If you guys don't hear from them don't freak because I was already in communication with them about something else and the girl added in that my app was processed today as well. So one could assume all of yours have been too

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks guys.

Kent just wrote me too saying mine was processed. If you guys don't hear from them don't freak because I was already in communication with them about something else and the girl added in that my app was processed today as well. So one could assume all of yours have been too

I'm glad you said that because I would have freaked out otherwise haha

Has anyone heard from azpod besides skipjunior?

Not me. I'm stalking my email account!

Same @BoilerPod lol. I'm still waiting for emails from Temple, AZPod, Scholl, and DMU. (I've heard from NYCPM, Barry, Western, & CSPM)

Last edited:
Has anyone heard from azpod besides skipjunior?

Nope... I know I'm "snarky" but he seems to always get things before the rest of us :( lucky guy. Remember when he got an interview to Barry back in August before apps even got verified!?

Yea I'm fairly certain he's trolling.

Feel free to call AZPOD and confirm if your app is complete.

Only heard back from CSPM today. Hopefully I'll hear back from Barry and some other schools tomorrow.

I am confused I guess. I got an email from nycpm but I still haven't been verified. Can they see our applications without verification?

The registrar at my university messed up sending my transcripts the first time, they corrected the mistake a week ago, and now I'm still waiting for my transcript to get to AACPMAS via USPS (which apparently can take 2-8 business days). Not to mention I still need to get verified afterwards. I really hate all of this waiting.

Last edited:
The registrar at my university messed up sending my transcripts the first time, they corrected the mistake a week ago, and now I'm still waiting for my transcript to get to AACPMAS via USPS (which apparently can take 2-8 business days). Not to mention I still need to get verified afterwards. I really hate all of this waiting.

I'm sorry to hear that. The waiting is the hardest part. Hang in there buddy!

Just got a confirmation email from DMU!

Interview from Barry University 9/9 at 1:44 p.m. via e-mail!!! Interviews start september 22 and continue on mondays and tuesdays of each week.
Some hope for all others who scored low on the MCAT, I scored a 19 overall. Hope to hear from some more too!
Good Luck Everyone!

Interview from Barry University 9/9 at 1:44 p.m. via e-mail!!! Interviews start september 22 and continue on mondays and tuesdays of each week.
Some hope for all others who scored low on the MCAT, I scored a 19 overall. Hope to hear from some more too!
Good Luck Everyone!

Just got the same!

Just an FYI guys, Barry did the same thing last year. They sent interview invites to anybody who had above a 3.0 GPA. People that didn't even have their MCAT score in before applying still got interview invites. They tend to be the first school that sends out a mass email to nearly all their applicants about interview invites.

Obviously, it is still a good step ahead of the competition but I think I posted something similar to this on another thread. Barry wants you to feel like they were the first school that cared for you, which in my opinion is a genius strategy by a school. BUT at the same time they may be getting too many students who are on their first grad school interview (and maybe even first formal interview in their life) and that may lead to lots of students showing up unprepared.

In my opinion, don't schedule your top choice as your first interview!!!! And that may be one thing Barry I hope doesn't run into. Congrats on the interview invites!!!

Presently do not have an MCAT score- was put on hold until they receive score at both DMU and CSPM.

Presently do not have an MCAT score- was put on hold until they receive score at both DMU and CSPM.
That is very surprising to hear because I got an ii last year from DMU and CSPM BEFORE my MCAT score was released. I wonder if they changed protocol this year.

Second interview invite. DMU invite this morning at 9:51. Good Luck Everyone!!!!

Well it looks like I'm going to be at Barry on the 22nd and dmu on the 29th!

For those of you who got interviews, did your unofficial MCAT scores ever get verified? I just got verified today and my GPAs are up but my MCAT scores still say unofficial

As of right now it's still showing my mcat score as unofficial.

Scheduled DMU for 10/3...taking the greyhound from Chicago (only $2 roundtrip if anyone else was wondering!). Anyone staying at any hotels? Also, I don't think I will be attending my Barry interview as of now since it's not my top school.

I believe the only two schools that MIGHT interview without an MCAT score this cycle are Kent and Temple. This was told to me by their admissions dept about two months ago. All other schools said they will put apps without MCATs on hold until scores are received.
Actually Western and Scholl never answered my question about that so I can't comment on them...

Scheduled DMU on 10/17. SO excited!!!

Last edited:
For those of you who got interviews, did your unofficial MCAT scores ever get verified? I just got verified today and my GPAs are up but my MCAT scores still say unofficial
Im pretty sure my MCAT scores were also verified. I took the MCAT earlier though in June I think it was so mine has had some time to process. If you just took it I think it took just over a month.

I took mine in May of 2013 and April of 2014 lol. I'm also verified it's just it says on my application that my MCAT scores are Unofficial. Yours say Official?

Mine still says unofficial but I just received an interview invite from Barry anyways. I got an email from DMU too but no II yet, still no word from the other schools.