2014-2015 Application Status Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Submitted my application on Oct 2nd, transcripts received last week and finally got verified today! Already have an interview invite from Temple same day I was verified. Yay :) (Haven't sent in my LORs yet)

Reactions: 1 user
I really enjoyed Scholl today. The staff is great. Kim and the student tour guides we had made it a very stress free environment.

The entire day was very relaxed. My interview was a little different than what I expected. Honestly they didn't ask me a single question about my app it was all just personal questions trying to get to know me as a person.

It was great to meet you Boilerpod and marathonpod as well as the rest of you. Good luck in the rest of your interviews!

Hoping to hear back soon.

If anyone has any questions feel free to ask.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I really enjoyed Scholl today. The staff is great. Kim and the student tour guides we had made it a very stress free environment.

The entire day was very relaxed. My interview was a little different than what I expected. Honestly they didn't ask me a single question about my app it was all just personal questions trying to get to know me as a person.

It was great to meet you Boilerpod and marathonpod as well as the rest of you. Good luck in the rest of your interviews!

Hoping to hear back soon.

If anyone has any questions feel free to ask.

What kinds of personal questions? The Scholl program really interests me. A huge positive is the PhD/DPM program as I imagine the mix of academic research and teaching with clinical ability to make for a rewarding career.

What kinds of personal questions? The Scholl program really interests me. A huge positive is the PhD/DPM program as I imagine the mix of academic research and teaching with clinical ability to make for a rewarding career.

It started off as expected with the "Why pod/why scholl?" But other than that it was asking me about my family, my undergrad institution, what I do for fun, what I like to read (I don't really read outside of school material/studying), my relationship with one of my LOR profs, and really just a friendly conversation about myself and why I feel I would make a good pod and why I would fit in at scholl.

Kim told us roughly 2 weeks/10 business days I believe. IIRC you interviewed last Monday so I'd bet you hear back by the end of the week and those of us that were there today will here back at the end of next week. But that's just a guess.

Hi, everyone! :) Is anyone traveling to NY for interviews?! My interview is on October 22nd. Would anyone want to share room accommodations? New York can get pretty pricey and it would be exciting to meet some of you!

Good luck with interviews! :)

Received an interview from Scholl this morning. So far, this is my planned interview schedule:

10/30 - DMU
11/5 - CSPM
11/14 - Kent
11/17 - Temple
11/19 - NYCPM
11/24 - Barry
12/5 - AZPOD
12/8 - Scholl

This should be a fun "vacation." If anyone has an interview on these dates and wants to share a hotel, I'd be happy to oblige. Still waiting on Western.

Received an interview from WesternU this morning! W0oo0.

I'm super grateful for all the invites and can't wait for my first one!

Received an interview from WesternU this morning! W0oo0.

I'm super grateful for all the invites and can't wait for my first one!
Congratulations! You're going to be very busy these coming months! Let us know how they go. I'm interested to hear feedback from people interviewing.

Hi, everyone! :) Is anyone traveling to NY for interviews?! My interview is on October 22nd. Would anyone want to share room accommodations? New York can get pretty pricey and it would be exciting to meet some of you!

Good luck with interviews! :)
New York will give you a room at the ALOFT. Call them and ask about that. I have cancelled my interview, but they were giving me a room accommodations for it. You should definitely call and ask about that.

My scholl interview was w little different. Mine was almost all about my application. They asked about my MCAT scores and the research that I did. Turns out one of my interviewers knows one of the professors who wrote one of my letters of recommendation. The only tense moment for me was during the situational question, but they weren't really grading you on that anyway. But I loved the school and I can't wait to hear from them. It was great to meet some people that I've talked to on here!

New York will give you a room at the ALOFT. Call them and ask about that. I have cancelled my interview, but they were giving me a room accommodations for it. You should definitely call and ask about that.

In the NYCPM email it mentions a special rate if you mention the interview when reserving a night at the ALOFT. I was under the impression that the "special rate" would simply be a discounted room not a free one. If this is the case, it would save a ton of money. I'll call tomorrow. Thank you!

In the NYCPM email it mentions a special rate if you mention the interview when reserving a night at the ALOFT. I was under the impression that the "special rate" would simply be a discounted room not a free one. If this is the case, it would save a ton of money. I'll call tomorrow. Thank you!
I scheduled my interview about a month ago. The email said they offered a complimentary night stay. I wonder if they just have a limited amount or something, but it was definitely free. I would call teh school and ask them about it for sure to see if they can accommodate you.

Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted to DMU! Email came earlier today (1 week post interview)!

Saw Scholl on Wednesday and I definitely enjoyed the interview day. Both DMU and Scholl are excellent options; however, that being said, I have a pretty clear top choice. Probably going to wait to hear back from Scholl before I make any decisions.

Accepted to DMU! Email came earlier today (1 week post interview)!

Saw Scholl on Wednesday and I definitely enjoyed the interview day. Both DMU and Scholl are excellent options; however, that being said, I have a pretty clear top choice. Probably going to wait to hear back from Scholl before I make any decisions.

Congrats man!

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
I've been thinking through the schools that I interviewed with trying to decide where I want to go. Do Scholl and Kent have a simulation lab like DMU does? I know that they all to standardized patients with the actors and surgical skills labs, but I can't remember if they had the dummies like DMU does.

I've been thinking through the schools that I interviewed with trying to decide where I want to go. Do Scholl and Kent have a simulation lab like DMU does? I know that they all to standardized patients with the actors and surgical skills labs, but I can't remember if they had the dummies like DMU does.
this is the type of thing that prepods place importance on, but they will not make a big impact in your training. I would only use this kind of stuff as a tiebreaker, and even then that may be placing too much value on it.

Hello all! Just got accepted to DMU and CSPM, and both offered scholarships. I really liked what I saw at both schools, so the decision is tough. I hear so many great things about DMU on SDN, but SDN seems rather quiet about CSPM. Is there any reason for this? If anyone cares to sway me one way or the other, feel free to message me!

And congrats to everyone else during this admission cycle! :clap:

Hello all! Just got accepted to DMU and CSPM, and both offered scholarships. I really liked what I saw at both schools, so the decision is tough. I hear so many great things about DMU on SDN, but SDN seems rather quiet about CSPM. Is there any reason for this? If anyone cares to sway me one way or the other, feel free to message me!

And congrats to everyone else during this admission cycle! :clap:

Weather?

Everything is in besides letters of recommendations and have 3 interviews scheduled.

• I stand by most of what I said. Even @PsychPod (one of the leaders of the podiatry forum) agrees with me that pod school admissions is a joke. He stated it himself in one of his posts. I did make some immature comments in the rejection thread which is why I've asked the mods several times to delete that thread. I'm not sure why they are not deleting it.
My father and brother are podiatrists and I'm applying to pod school. I will defend the reputation of podiatry with my very life. However I'm also realistic enough to note that pod admissions is a joke, which I would like to be corrected.

Second, if I truly wanted to put down podiatry and compare it to jobs in McDonalds, I would have spread slander in non-podiatry forums (MD, DO, Dental, PT, Optometry). Places were there wouldn't be people knowledgeable enough in podiatry to challenge me.

A doctor is a doctor. At the end of the day you are licensed to prescribe medication and cut flesh. Who cares what they think.

Did anyone else receive an email from Scholl about submitting an optional diversity statement? Does anyone know if it has any significant impact on scholarship considerations?

Did anyone else receive an email from Scholl about submitting an optional diversity statement? Does anyone know if it has any significant impact on scholarship considerations?

Yeah I got the same email. I have no idea what impact it has in regard to admissions or scholarships though.

I also received this email earlier today. Starting to write it now.

Yes I got the email as well, it says optional but strongly recommended so I plan on doing it within the 2 wk period that they said it should be completed by.

Got verified on 10/15 and now have the following interviews set up (still haven't turned in any of my LORs yet but plan to by the time of my interviews):

DMU: 11/7
CSPM: 11/12
AZPOD: 12/3
Kent: 12/5
Temple: 12/12
NYCPM: 12/18

Anyone have any advice from their experience interviewing at any of these schools?
Anyone else set to interview on the same day/place? I would love to get to know better some of my potential future classmates! (fingers crossed) :)

I'm interviewing at Scholl on Monday. But I'm a bit concerned about my chances of being accepted. My MCAT is a 25 but my GPA calculated out to be 2.75. My postbac GPA is a 3.5. I hoping because they've sent me an II that they've already considered those numbers. I'm sure my subpar GPA is something that will come up during the interview and I do have a good explanation (working full time along with taking care of a dying family member). However, is there anything else I can do or say to help improve my chances of being accepted? Thank you in advance.

I'm interviewing at Scholl on Monday. But I'm a bit concerned about my chances of being accepted. My MCAT is a 25 but my GPA calculated out to be 2.75. My postbac GPA is a 3.5. I hoping because they've sent me an II that they've already considered those numbers. I'm sure my subpar GPA is something that will come up during the interview and I do have a good explanation (working full time along with taking care of a dying family member). However, is there anything else I can do or say to help improve my chances of being accepted? Thank you in advance.

They granted you an interview so obviously they feel your stats are good enough. You have explanations but be sure to end on a positive note "I wish I had done better, however, I'm thankful that I learned..." Or whatever. Always try to speak positively and not just state excuses because life happens and they need to know you learn from your mistakes/experiences.

Go over the questions in the feedback and write out your answers. Don't memorize it so that it seems like you're giving scripted answers but it helps you to have answers to their questions and prevent you from drawing a blank.

Go over your transcripts, EC's and PS.

Enjoy your time at Scholl. Everyone is really nice and the school was awesome. You will have a great day. Don't stress about the interview too much. They really just want to get to know you and let you explain any red flags they may have pulled from your app.

Relax and be yourself. Be honest with them about everything. Good luck!

Also be prepared to explain what you did different in your postbac that allowed you to do so much better than in undergrad. Congrats on the improvement by the way.

Accepted to WesternU, my first choice! 1 week post interview. Hope everyone is having a great cycle :).

Reactions: 1 users
They granted you an interview so obviously they feel your stats are good enough. You have explanations but be sure to end on a positive note "I wish I had done better, however, I'm thankful that I learned..." Or whatever. Always try to speak positively and not just state excuses because life happens and they need to know you learn from your mistakes/experiences.

Go over the questions in the feedback and write out your answers. Don't memorize it so that it seems like you're giving scripted answers but it helps you to have answers to their questions and prevent you from drawing a blank.

Go over your transcripts, EC's and PS.

Enjoy your time at Scholl. Everyone is really nice and the school was awesome. You will have a great day. Don't stress about the interview too much. They really just want to get to know you and let you explain any red flags they may have pulled from your app.

Relax and be yourself. Be honest with them about everything. Good luck!

Also be prepared to explain what you did different in your postbac that allowed you to do so much better than in undergrad. Congrats on the improvement by the way.

Thank you so much for the advice. I really appreciate it. I've been looking over the questions in the feedback and I'll definitely be sure to stay positive. I'm really excited about visiting Scholl and I've heard great things about the school. Thank you again.

Thank you so much for the advice. I really appreciate it. I've been looking over the questions in the feedback and I'll definitely be sure to stay positive. I'm really excited about visiting Scholl and I've heard great things about the school. Thank you again.

There is a lot to see around Scholl. Keep warm and try the Chicago style deep dish pizza! The Gurnee Mills Mall is awesome and near it is Giordano's for deep dish (I recommend meat lovers). The pizza takes ~50min to cook so I recommend going there and ordering it first and head to the mall to chill.

There is a lot to see around Scholl. Keep warm and try the Chicago style deep dish pizza! The Gurnee Mills Mall is awesome and near it is Giordano's for deep dish (I recommend meat lovers). The pizza takes ~50min to cook so I recommend going there and ordering it first and head to the mall to chill.

Mmm I love Giordano's.

docaddictedtotravel1992, can you tell me when your interview was and when you actually got the acceptance...thanks.

Just got accepted to DMU! This'll be a really tough choice between there and AZPOD.

Reactions: 3 users
I also got in to DMU. Now I'm just waiting on Scholl's decision so I can make mine!

Was accepted to AZPOD earlier today :-D

Got verified on 10/15 and now have the following interviews set up (still haven't turned in any of my LORs yet but plan to by the time of my interviews):

DMU: 11/7
CSPM: 11/12
AZPOD: 12/3
Kent: 12/5
Temple: 12/12
NYCPM: 12/18

Anyone have any advice from their experience interviewing at any of these schools?
Anyone else set to interview on the same day/place? I would love to get to know better some of my potential future classmates! (fingers crossed) :)

http://schools.studentdoctor.net/schools/?view=medical

That link will help answer your questions.

I guess this can be a reminder to everyone to fill out your interview surveys. It really helps future classmates.

So I'm trying to get a hotel in ny for my NYCPN interview. So this week some of the rooms are $209 at the hotel, with the NYCPM discount they are $269 lol I guess the rooms are usually closer to $400

The price from nycpm is $269, the price from the hotel was $209... depends on the day you go

http://schools.studentdoctor.net/schools/?view=medical

That link will help answer your questions.

I guess this can be a reminder to everyone to fill out your interview surveys. It really helps future classmates.

Yes Please! I'm using the link above to prepare for my DMU interview on Thursday, but it's disconcerting that the most recent response was 10 months ago. If any of you have time, please fill out an interview feedback survey in the link SLCpod posted. Thank you! :)

Yes Please! I'm using the link above to prepare for my DMU interview on Thursday, but it's disconcerting that the most recent response was 10 months ago. If any of you have time, please fill out an interview feedback survey in the link SLCpod posted. Thank you! :)

Just filled out for my schools I interviewed at--this site definitely helped me prepare for the interview, everyone should post also!

Its up to you, it does get expensive. However, of all the schools I have interviewed at so far, DMU is the one that has stood out for me. I would recommend attending that one at least.

The ticket prices doubled while I was debating whether to interview at DMU (lack of diversity/weather/relatively far from home) so I'm just going to go ahead & postpone it to December.....If I don't get accepted at either one of the Cali schools then I will get ahead & book a flight to Des Moines.