2014-2015 Medical School Application Cycle!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
What day are you coming to Pritzker? I can try to be at the multicultural breakfast :p

Hey! :) I'll be there September 30th! I love this school so much and the mission really drove me to apply here. I am also trying to learn more about the school; it would be great if you could share your experiences here.

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

II from Minnesota! That makes three II's. I know it's not my stats but i was super honest and humble in my primary and secondaries. Thought maybe i was a bit too honest on some points.

Gratz on the II from YALE and MINNESOTA!! I also received an invite from UMN and currently waiting back to hear about the date i was placed in. It'd be great to see other fellow SDN'ers on the trail!! :D

Reactions: 1 users
II from Iowa! If you applied there i'd check the status page. I never received an email but when i logged onto the portal it showed up. Also, received a II from Tufts today.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
How many II do you guys have total? Everyone is doing great!

ahh six so far! just got the latest one from Einstein this week. Stoked to start interviewing next week!

Reactions: 5 users
I think i'd die if i started interviewing this week! Not enough time to prepare... (I have 5 II's). Congrats @elizabetts !

Edit: Good luck next week! Maybe check out the Harvard questions for specific types of interviews, i thought it was really helpful.

Last edited:
you guys are killing it already lol. I'm still doing secondaries and waiting on my sloth-like committee. ridiculous. not that I'm really expecting any MD II's anyway with my stats but... congrats to all!

you guys are killing it already lol. I'm still doing secondaries and waiting on my sloth-like committee. ridiculous. not that I'm really expecting any MD II's anyway with my stats but... congrats to all!

Get them submitted as soon as you can and good luck! Also, my stats do not make me stand out in any way. In fact, i'd say they won't keep me out but they won't get me in either. LizzyM 65+. I do believe though that i have other fine qualities that do make me stand out and i certainly made sure to let them know who i was and what i was passionate about. Don't think of this process as a stats game, start thinking of it as an opportunity to tell/show them why and how you'll be an amazing doctor.

Last edited:
Get them submitted as soon as you can and good luck! Also, my stats do not make me stand out in any way. In fact, i'd say they won't keep me out but they won't get me in either. LizzyM 65+. I do believe though that i have other fine qualities that do make me stand out and i certainly made sure to let them know who i was and what i was passionate about. Don't think of this process as a stats game, start thinking of it as an opportunity to tell/show them why and how you'll be an amazing doctor.

great advice, thank you! wishing continued success for you as well!

sitting at 5... got an II from Columbia this morning!

i'm gonna repeat what Overanxious said... timing-wise, you're still perfectly fine. do your best with everything that's within your control, and then let it happen.

i'm gonna repeat what Overanxious said... timing-wise, you're still perfectly fine. do your best with everything that's within your control, and then let it happen.

lol the encouragement is so appreciated. this part of the forum is so much more supportive than the rest of SDN. I love you guys already hahaha

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
How's everyone prepping for interviews?

Basically just going over my application and trying to remember details from my ECs that would be interesting to add in person. Based on reviews from previous years, the schools I have IIs at are supposed to have pretty conversational interviews. I'm also reading a LOT of journals and research about developments in the field of medicine I want to go into.

Last edited:
How's everyone prepping for interviews?

Not sure i'm going about it the right way but i've watched some JH videos on interviewing, read through Harvard's interview material, and Stanford suggestions. Lot's of off the wall questions but i feel it got me thinking in the right direction. 1. Current events...Ebola for example 2. Knowledge of medicine...healthcare reform 3. nailing down a concise statement on why i want to be a doctor and 4. odd ball questions and examples!

If your undergrad offers mock interviews, DO ONE. It seriously helped me figure out what I need to work on with my answers, and what kind of stories/experiences I should be prepared to talk about.

Just checking in because I'm loving the support that's going on with my comrades in this thread.
Here's to hoping we all have an amazingly successful cycle, I'm rooting for each and every one of you.
Now let's all get back to prepping for these interviews. That's an ORDER!

Reactions: 3 users
II from Boston and Dartmouth! I am sooo excited for these opportunities! 16 days until my first interview and i'm already a nervous Nancy!

Reactions: 5 users
I have 6 so far..all attributed to applying early...let no one tell you different...

I COMPLETELY agree. I have 7 and I just know applying early was my godsend.
My first is at BU in a few weeks anxious, if it's before yours I'll give you the skinny about the day :cool:

might end up seeing you guys at Boston! October 5 for me. Anyone else?

9 interviews, first one is tomorrow! Good luck to everyone interviewing this month.

9 interviews, first one is tomorrow! Good luck to everyone interviewing this month.

You are killing it! Good luck!

What? They do sat interviews? I would have taken that route if the option was available. Instead I'm doing Tufts oct 7th, Boston oct 8th, and Yale oct 10.

Awesome!! You're a rockstar.
Bummer I'll be there September 24th!

Hey! :) I'll be there September 30th! I love this school so much and the mission really drove me to apply here. I am also trying to learn more about the school; it would be great if you could share your experiences here.

Thank you!

PM me any questions you have! And you should def request a host! We have some pretty cool URMs in the class if I do say so myself :cool:

uhg. all these years I've planned to apply early and my committee does me dirty. glad to see the continued success in this thread. keeps me going during this long, unfair wait.

7! Based on my stats and advisors I would have never ever expected this many (or any really). Applying early (I would consider sending in secondaries now still early) has definitely put me at an advantage.

Congratulations everyone! We have made it thus far and I am pumped the acceptances everyone gets.

Just received a II from Pritzker! :love: Very unexpected, but so excited! And I love their email, it is so positive and encouraging!

Reactions: 4 users
Some of you are raining interviews! Congrats to you all!

i guess i'll join in. 2II so far TCMC and IUSM!! hopefully i will get more, been 4 weeks of silence so far, besides 1 rejection and 1 hold at U of A tucson

Congrats everyone! So far I'm at 20. All spread out between now and December. Done with 2 and another 18 to go! Hopefully meet some of you guys on the trail.

You guys are doing excellent. My AMCAS is verified and my AACOMAS is still processing. I am retaking my MCAT on 9/18 due to a low MCAT score, but I have received a few secondaries (got a Drew/UCLA one last week). I hope to deliver good news here in the future.

Congrats everyone! So far I'm at 20. All spread out between now and December. Done with 2 and another 18 to go! Hopefully meet some of you guys on the trail.
HOW IN THE WORLD DO YOU HAVE 20 II???:bow:

HOW IN THE WORLD DO YOU HAVE 20 II???:bow:

I applied to 40 schools. Good stats with unique EC and being a non-trad. I wasn't expecting this at all to be honest. That's why I applied so broadly.

I applied to 40 schools. Good stats with unique EC and being a non-trad. I wasn't expecting this at all to be honest. That's why I applied so broadly.
woow i could imagine the pain you went through writing all those secondaries! good job, and good luck on all your interviews!

woow i could imagine the pain you went through writing all those secondaries! good job, and good luck on all your interviews!

Thanks! It's really not too bad after a while. Many of the questions are very similar. My main complaint is all the money I spent and will spend lol

Just received a II from Pritzker! :love: Very unexpected, but so excited! And I love their email, it is so positive and encouraging!

I'll see you here! Let me know what date and I'll try to pop into the multicultural breakfast!

on AMCAS next to each school I applied to it has a "transcript deadline". does anyone know if this is typically the deadline for them to receive your LORs as well? I'm beginning to worry that my committee won't get it in before the early deadlines and I'll be out thousands of dollars. hopefully just neuroticism, but who knows.

on AMCAS next to each school I applied to it has a "transcript deadline". does anyone know if this is typically the deadline for them to receive your LORs as well? I'm beginning to worry that my committee won't get it in before the early deadlines and I'll be out thousands of dollars. hopefully just neuroticism, but who knows.
Transcript deadlines are usually with the primary applications. LOR are with the secondaries, I think you are fine!

Transcript deadlines are usually with the primary applications. LOR are with the secondaries, I think you are fine!

lol thank you very much! I never could have imagined myself being this neurotic, but low and behold, this process has done just that to me.

lol thank you very much! I never could have imagined myself being this neurotic, but low and behold, this process has done just that to me.
You're not alone don't worry! And your letters will come in soon enough you'll be fine! :)

i guess i'll join in. 2II so far TCMC and IUSM!! hopefully i will get more, been 4 weeks of silence so far, besides 1 rejection and 1 hold at U of A tucson
As of yesterday 3II OUWB:soexcited:

Reactions: 3 users
1st II! September 26th

Reactions: 7 users
1st II! September 26th

Congrats!!!

I think we need to start making an interview thread at some point to see where everyone has interviews. Looks like everyone is doing great this cycle.

Congrats!!!

I think we need to start making an interview thread at some point to see where everyone has interviews. Looks like everyone is doing great this cycle.

Appreciate it! And my interview is at Morehouse

my mcat scores were just released on aug 26 ... i hope that doesn't screw up my life. :(