2014-2015 Official Psychology Ph.D./PsyD Interview Invite Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Would someone PM me their POIs if theyve received an invite to SDSU/UCSD or UCLA? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

School Name: East Carolina University
Date Interview Invite Received: 1/20/2015
Degree: PhD
Type: Clinical
Notified via:Email
Interview Date: 2/20
Additional Info: social event 2/19, option to stay with current student or share hotel with another candidate

Reactions: 1 users
Did anyone apply to University of Nevada Reno for the Clinical PhD?

Members don't see this ad :)
Just opened my email to find this after asking about it earlier! One of my top schools, so I'm super excited!

School Name: Wayne State University
Date Interview Invite Received: 1/21/2015
Degree
: PhD
Type: Clinical Psychology
Notified via: Email
Interview Date:
2/26/2015
Additional Info: More details and an official department email are coming in the next few weeks.

Reactions: 2 users
HII!
has anyone heard from the University of Memphis or Suffolk University????

Reactions: 1 user
First interview! Finally something new to focus on besides checking message boards :)

School Name: Yeshiva Ferkhauf Clinical Health Emphasis
Date Interview Invite Received: 1/22/15
Track: Health Emphasis
Interview Date: Early February
Additional Info: They invited me to the interview and will contact me soon with a date and time.

Reactions: 4 users
Is it poor manners to send your POI an email asking about the invite process? My POI was extremely responsive to emails before I applied, so I figured I'd ask here rather than just assume it's taboo.

To the person who asked about Harvard, I'm still waiting too. Not sure what to believe on TGC!

I'd just let it go personally. I would caution against too much contact unless necessary. At a point it goes from showing interest to very annoying. These are fairly busy people, especially around interview time.

Reactions: 3 users
Is it poor manners to send your POI an email asking about the invite process? My POI was extremely responsive to emails before I applied, so I figured I'd ask here rather than just assume it's taboo.

To the person who asked about Harvard, I'm still waiting too. Not sure what to believe on TGC!

I wrote to the POIs in which I was incredibly interested. They don't always reply but it is good to have an answer. I didn't ask about the invite process specifically. I wrote to reiterate my strong interest in the program and their research and to ask where the committee was in the review process.

Last edited:

It may be more appropriate to inquire w/ whoever the contact is for grad admissions in the department. I don't want to bother the faculty. However, if your question is regarding Houston, then ask away and let me know what they say ;)

For those who have heard from Clark, I'd be interested to know the POI if you don't mind sharing...

Has anybody heard from University of Florida's or University of Pennsylvania's clinical psychology programs? Correspondence from both programs have been pretty minimal on this site and on the GradCafe results page.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anybody heard from University of Florida's or University of Pennsylvania's clinical psychology programs? Correspondence from both programs have been pretty minimal on this site and on the GradCafe results page.
I contacted the program coordinator at Penn, and was told that the invitations are extended.

I contacted the program coordinator at Penn, and was told that the invitations are extended.

That's what I've heard as well, but my status on UPenn's application site still says "Ready for Review" and I have yet to receive any rejection notices. If all invites have been extended, I wish these schools would at least send a general notice to other applicants letting them know about their status :yeahright:

In regards to the posts about Harvard:

A graduate student I work with was invited to both Harvard and Yale for interviews several years back. This may be information with which everyone is already familiar; however, she mentioned that both schools do not technically have "interview weekends", but rather "visiting days". These are sometimes done on an individual basis (lab by lab), versus a communal interview weekend like most schools. So, while some labs who have guaranteed funding may be those sending out invites, others might still be "waiting in line". Both schools are supposed to send out mass rejection emails.

In addition, both POIs I applied to work with from Harvard and Yale were uncertain of whether they would have funding to accept a graduate student this year and said they "would not know until late in the admissions process," (how 'late' is now something I question...) but encouraged me to apply with that caveat in mind. I have not received any follow up information from those POIs, but will update if I hear something that might be of utility for others waiting.

Apologies for redundancy in the event that this is common knowledge info : )

Last edited:
Just in case anyone is wondering, I called the clinical program at BU and was told that all interview invites were extended...sad...

In regards to the posts about Harvard:

A graduate student I work with was invited to both Harvard and Yale for interviews several years back. This may be information people with which everyone is already familiar; however, she mentioned that both schools do not technically have "interview weekends", but rather "visiting days". These are sometimes done on an individual basis (lab by lab), versus a communal interview weekend like most schools. So, while some labs who have guaranteed funding may be those sending out invites, others might still be "waiting in line". Both schools are supposed to send out mass rejection emails.

In addition, both POIs I applied to work with from Harvard and Yale were uncertain of whether they would have funding to accept a graduate student this year and said they "would not know until late in the admissions process," (how 'late' is now something I question...) but encouraged me to apply with that caveat in mind. I have not received any follow up information from those POIs, but will update if I hear something that might be of utility for others waiting.

Apologies for redundancy in the event that this is common knowledge info : )

Yeah, this is true. But I would caution that "visiting days" are indistinguishable from "interview weekends." The function is the same and most of the structure is the same.

School Name: DePaul
Date Interview Invite Received: 1/13/2015
Track: Child
Notified via: Phone
Interview Date: 2/13 and 02/16
Told email from department would come later this week. Applicants get choice of interview date (either 2/13 or 2/16)
Hi. Do you mind me asking who your POI is? Do you know if all the DePaul invites have been extended?

Just in case anyone is wondering, I called the clinical program at BU and was told that all interview invites were extended...sad...
FYI, pretty sure BU is another program with some weirdness about which faculty actually get to take students, so it might be more departmental than personal.

FYI, pretty sure BU is another program with some weirdness about which faculty actually get to take students, so it might be more departmental than personal.

When I contacted my POI at BU over the fall, she told me she wouldn't know if she was able to take a student until February. I haven't received an invite, maybe they invite potential students before they know for sure how many they can take, not sure how it works either.

In NYC-land it seems like Hofstra and Yeshiva (PhD) are starting to reach out gradually beginning yesterday and today.

Anyone have information on the following schools (for myself and friends):

Adelphi
UC Boulder
Pittsburgh
Binghamton
UMass Boston
Minnesotta

I received an invite from University of Florida clinical on 01/16. Interview is on 02/13-02/14. PM me if you have questions.

I've been rejected by 5 out of 6 Clinical programs thus far, but my last one came through this morning...

School Name: University of Mississippi (Ole Miss)
Track: N/A
Interview Date: February 27th-28th
Additional Info: Also emailed by grad student offering assistance.

Reactions: 12 users
School Name: UT Southwestern Medical Center
Interview Date: Informal social event 2/27 and formal interview 2/28
Additional Info: Additional stipend/scholarship opportunities in email

HII!
has anyone heard from the University of Memphis or Suffolk University????
I got an email from Suffolk in early January saying my application was complete and initial interview invites would be sent out February 4th, not sure if some POIs are sending them earlier, but I wouldn't worry about that one yet!

@DentRocket I was told by a POI Memphis invites (for the clinical program) went out a couple of weeks ago

School Name: University of Texas at Austin
Interview Date: Mon. Feb. 23rd--so absolutely thrilled!!!
Additional Info:

Last edited:
Reactions: 10 users
Interview Date: I was accepted into the program without a request for an interview--so absolutely thrilled!!!

Congratulations! That's amazing. Had you had an informal interview with the POI? Are you just a perfect fit? Congrats again :)

Anyone heard anything from Univ. of Maryland- College park clinical?

Interview Date: I was accepted into the program without a request for an interview--so absolutely thrilled!!!
Additional Info: Mentor requested phone call on Monday

@HPB2015 The email said "I am pleased to inform you that you have made my short-list for acceptance into my lab and the clinical program at the University of Texas at Austin."

Maybe I am jumping the gun, which I very well could be, but she made no mention of dates for an interview, or an interview at all, and only asked for a phone conversation on Monday. If I have to alter my post after I speak to my POI, I will. :)

@HPB2015 The email said "I am pleased to inform you that you have made my short-list for acceptance into my lab and the clinical program at the University of Texas at Austin."

Maybe I am jumping the gun, which I very well could be, but she made no mention of dates for an interview, or an interview at all, and only asked for a phone conversation on Monday. If I have to alter my post after I speak to my POI, I will. :)

Making the short-list doesn't mean you're accepted (at least, not yet). If you make it past the phone interview, you will likely have an in-person interview to go through as well. I wish you luck, though!

@Boothedog, I do believe Monday is indeed the interview, so congrats on getting an interview at your top choice!! Her wording could be improved, and short listing is pretty close, but just one more hoop to go through. (And there isn't necessarily an in person interview at every school, but there may be.) Good luck! (And if we're wrong, good on you!)

I've been rejected by 5 out of 6 Clinical programs thus far, but my last one came through this morning...

School Name: University of Mississippi (Ole Miss)
Interview Date: February 27th-28th
Additional Info: Also emailed by grad student offering assistance.

all you need is one! congratulations on your interview!!!

Reactions: 3 users
I've joined the club. I think it changed after I applied or it could be that I missed it in the flurry of application hypnosis-- applied to a POI who states on the website is not accepting for Fall 2015. It's the pits

Congrats!!! Would you be comfortable sending me your POI? I also applied :D

@Boothedog, I do believe Monday is indeed the interview, so congrats on getting an interview at your top choice!! Her wording could be improved, and short listing is pretty close, but just one more hoop to go through. (And there isn't necessarily an in person interview at every school, but there may be.) Good luck! (And if we're wrong, good on you!)

@JoePianist @HPB2015 I'm not afraid to admit I made a mistake. In my initial shock and extreme joy, I over interpreted the word "acceptance" and and wanted to share my news with the world!! :soexcited: However, now that my heart rate has come down and oxygen has reentered my brain, I can see what she intended...but I am still thrilled nonetheless!! :clap:

Reactions: 7 users
@JoePianist @HPB2015 I'm not afraid to admit I made a mistake. In my initial shock and extreme joy, I over interpreted the word "acceptance" and and wanted to share my news with the world!! :soexcited: However, now that my heart rate has come down and oxygen has reentered my brain, I can see what she intended...but I am still thrilled nonetheless!! :clap:

still so awesome at a very competitive school! Congrats. Hopefully an acceptance will come shortly after you officially interview :)

anybody want to claim that only, lonely hofstra post on TGC? or anyone else hear from them?

anybody want to claim that only, lonely hofstra post on TGC? or anyone else hear from them?
I have a friend who heard from Hofstra this week. I don't think it was their POI who called, but rather a grad student or admissions assistant. The interview date is way at the end of February, I believe (I think it says on their admissions page too). I have the same POI--I'll let you know if I end up getting a call too.

School Name: University of Missouri-Kansas City
Date Interview Invite Received: 1/23/15
Interview Date: 2/27
Additional Info: Skype interview available for those that can not attend.

I think everyone that wanted to know knows already, but is not done sending out invites yet, so there is still hope there!

Last edited:
Saw on TGC that someone got an email rejection from ASU clinical..did anyone else get this? I'm pretty sure I'm out of the running for an interview, but maybe waitlisted?

School Name: Loyola University Maryland
Degree: PsyD
Track: general
Interview Date: 2/13/15
Additional Info: day starts at 8am and ends at 7pm

SO FREAKING EXCITED.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users
School Name: Suffolk University
Interview Date: 2/27/15 & 2/28/15
Additional Info: Social event 2/27/15 in the evening.

Me too!!! See you there!

Reactions: 4 users